Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of Osama bin Laden somehow gave me a burst of imaan

Assalaam alikum.

It's weird, but somehow the supposed death of Osama bin Laden gave be a burst of imaan. I belong to alot of internet forums of different topics (General Motors, Ford Focus, movies, star trek, carnivorous plants, etc). And with the 'death' of Osama, I've seen alot of hate against Muslims (people saying Osama should have been wrapped in pigskin, he'll be getting 72 virgin males, one Muslim down and more to go, etc)

I'm a regular on all these forums and suddenly I find myself defending Islam from racists. Suddenly, supposed 'friends' on these forums have revealed their true thoughts about me and Islam.

In a "we vs. them" mentality I'm seeing everywhere, I choose Islam.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: The death of Osama bin Laden somehow gave me a burst of imaan

good for u, akhi :up:
    And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew. [29:64]

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
      Assalaam alikum.

It's weird, but somehow the supposed death of Osama bin Laden gave be a burst of imaan. I belong to alot of internet forums of different topics (General Motors, Ford Focus, movies, star trek, carnivorous plants, etc). And with the 'death' of Osama, I've seen alot of hate against Muslims (people saying Osama should have been wrapped in pigskin, he'll be getting 72 virgin males, one Muslim down and more to go, etc)

I'm a regular on all these forums and suddenly I find myself defending Islam from racists. Suddenly, supposed 'friends' on these forums have revealed their true thoughts about me and Islam.

In a "we vs. them" mentality I'm seeing everywhere, I choose Islam.
      Firstly, one should never be surprised of kuffar even if they are 'friends' of turning their backs on muslims because we are told from the very beginning that they only care about themselves and are not interested in the truth. What you saw on the comments/posts on these forums are what these people are thinking even outside of their homes, except most people hide what they feel due to anti discrimination laws, to avoid confrontation and also most is usually 'silent racism' where people will just ignore another completely. Muslims need to learn how to stand alone and Many have also said that these recent events have helped bring them back to islam, which again can only be a good thing. There is a lot of anti islamic propaganda going on and the media is at the forefront of this with many people, especially pro zionists leading this campaign to gain popular support. But remember that most are all mouth and no balls!

Comment

may Allah continue to strengthen your iman amin
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

may Allah keep you steadfast in the beautiful deen and defending it brother. amin ya rabb

Comment

:wswrwb:

Ameen.

May Allah guide the misguided.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Brother, wa alaikum salam wa rahamtullah

This shows a practical example of how the Islamophobea has pushed Muslims to learn Islam more. Some years ago, one friend of mine said that he wants to know everything about Islam because when he is faced with questions on Islam he cannot answer them.

Search for knowledge must be a continuous pursuit for all Muslims's lives. How can we practice Islam or teach it to the younger generation or non-Muslims when we do not know it? It should not be limited to events or phases of life.

And, also remember brother that people you meet on the Internet forums are radicals. They do not represent the majority of non-Muslims opinion, the same way the extremists among Islam don't represent the view of majority of Muslims. One has to be deeply convinced to talk about a topic on the internet forum. These people are so deeply convinced. This should not frustrate you but you can direct your energies to spread the learning you had on Islam among other Muslims and among non-Muslims who are genuinely interested in knowing Islam.
              [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Zoya09 View Post
                Firstly, one should never be surprised of kuffar even if they are 'friends' of turning their backs on muslims because we are told from the very beginning that they only care about themselves and are not interested in the truth.
                Brother, this is a very generic statement. We cannot know who is interested in truth and who is not. Allah alone knows what is in the hearts of people. Our job is to tell the truth to the people who are keen to know it and also pass the message to the people who are deeply convinced against Islam. Its not our responsibility to guide people, it is the right of Allah alone.

Allah says:

[087:008] And We shall make easy for you (O Muhammad [sal-Allhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) the easy way (i.e. the doing of righteous deeds).

[087:009] Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).

[087:010] The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allh),
                [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by anistop View Post
                  Brother, this is a very generic statement. We cannot know who is interested in truth and who is not. Allah alone knows what is in the hearts of people. Our job is to tell the truth to the people who are keen to know it and also pass the message to the people who are deeply convinced against Islam. Its not our responsibility to guide people, it is the right of Allah alone.

Allah says:

[087:008] And We shall make easy for you (O Muhammad [sal-Allhu 'alayhi wa sallam]) the easy way (i.e. the doing of righteous deeds).

[087:009] Therefore remind (men) in case the reminder profits (them).

[087:010] The reminder will be received by him who fears (Allh),
                  I am a sister ty, but if you do find a brother named zoya then I would be interested to hear. I wasnt referring to dawah etc..., I meant as the quran clearly states that you can not rely on kuffar to take your side. And as far as the truth goes, yes tell them about islam but dont expect the vast majority to accept it as they purposely reject the truth.
                  Last edited by Zoya09; 09-05-11, 12:04 PM.

Comment

:salams

:jkk:

Good to see that the true nature of the kuffar has become apparent to you.

They will never be pleased with you until you follow their way of life and become one of them. And we can never be pleased with them until they become Muslims. People think its extreme to have an "us and them" mentality but there isn't anything extreme about it. Its just the way the world works.

You're either with Allah or against Him. There's no in between.
                    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

these forums are not visited by extremist kafirs, these are your everyday kafirs, except they can speak anonymously from behind a computer, so they tend to say what is EXACTLY on their minds

Allah says what they say is bad, but what is in their hearts is even worse

Good for you akhi, its when men are tested is when you can separate the man from the boys, and alhamduliillah, as you are being tested, it is bringing you closer to islam, this is a good sign of iman (as opposed to nifaq)

keep on keepin on
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

It's nice being on the side of Allah.
                        May He increase you in imaan.
                        Ameen.
                        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                        علي الحبشي

Comment

They talk of the killing of more than 3,000 innocent Americansm in Sept 2001.They celebrate the assassination of Bin Laden..But they have nothing to say about the uprooting and killing of more than 1,000,000 innocent Palestinians and other Arabs since the end of the World War 11. And they dare call all this justice !

Comment

I nearly got banned off another forum, when a Jewish member insulted Muslims. The thread got closed in the end, as I pasted in a few articles about Zionism ;)

One non-Muslim member even said Osama got what he wanted in the end. Very true.
                            SPREAD OF EVIL
                            ZIONISM
                            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                              Assalaam alikum.

It's weird, but somehow the supposed death of Osama bin Laden gave be a burst of imaan.

Yeah. Even a week later that still seems weird.

~Bub
                              From the Many, One

Comment

Working...
                              X