Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How short can a muslim's hair have to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How short can a muslim's hair have to be?

Salam!

for females and males how short?

thank you :)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: How short can a muslim's hair have to be?

Walikum Assalaam

Female's Hair Can be short And Long As how Ever As Long As She Dont Like A Boy. And Also Men Can have Long Hair i Think Pass Shoulders.

But For BOTH Male And Female They Shouldnt Follow Kuffar With Their Crazy Hair Cuts :up:
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

As a Muslim man, can I shave my head? I'm in my early 20s and I already have a receding hairline. I'm thinking it would be a good look to have a shaved head and a Sunnah beard.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
        As a Muslim man, can I shave my head? I'm in my early 20s and I already have a receding hairline. I'm thinking it would be a good look to have a shaved head and a Sunnah beard.
        Yes You Can Ive Seen it Around

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Women cutting their hair short

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          What is the ruling about women cutting their hair short for reasons of necessity? For example, in Britain, the women think that washing thick hair is too difficult in a cold climate, so they cut their hair short.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Praise be to Allaah.

If that is indeed the case, then it is permissible for them to cut their hair short, but only as short as is necessary, and they are not permitted to cut their hair short to look like kaafir women, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/182). Similarly, they are not permitted to cut their hair short in ways that resemble men’s hairstyles, because of the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them both) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
          Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Women cutting their hair

What is the ruling about the haircut favoured by some women, whereby they cut the hair across their foreheads (“bangs” or “fringe”) and allow some locks or strands of hair to hang forward?

Praise be to Allaah.

If the purpose of this haircut is to resemble kaafir and atheist women, then it is haraam, because imitation of non-Muslims is haraam, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” If the aim is not to imitate the non-Muslims, and it is only a modern trend among women that is considered attractive, then a woman can adorn herself in this way for her husband and appear like this in front of her close friends so that she may look and feel good among them. We do not see anything wrong with this.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/181

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Brother Wolfn This Is What I Found :up:

( 14051 )
            Ruling on shaving the head

Is t sunnah to shave the head?

Praise be to Allaah.

What may be understood from the words of the scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) is that shaving the head is of six kinds:

1 – An act of worship and a means of drawing closer to Allaah, for which a person will be rewarded. This applies in four cases only, to which there is no fifth:

(i) Hajj

(ii) ‘Umrah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed Allaah shall fulfil the true vision which He showed to His Messenger [i.e. the Prophet saw a dream that he has entered Makkah along with his Companions, having their (head) hair shaved and cut short] in very truth. Certainly, you shall enter Al-Masjid Al-Haraam, if Allaah wills, secure, (some) having your heads shaved, and (some) having your head hair cut short”

[al-Fath 48:27]

(iii) Shaving the child’s head on the seventh day after birth. The evidence for that is the hadeeth narrated by al-Tirmidhi (1439) from ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sheep as ‘aqeeqah for al-Hasan, and said: ‘O Faatimah, shave his head and give the weight of his hair in silver in charity.’” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1226. See also Tuhfat al-Mawlood by Ibn al-Qayyim, p. 217).

(iv) The kaafir when he becomes a Muslim, because of the report narrated by Abu Dawood (356) which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded a kaafir man who had become Muslim, “Shave off the hair of kufr and get circumcised.” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood; see also al-Mughni, 1/276; Sharh al-‘Umdah by Shaykh al-Islam, 1/350)

The scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) were agreed that it is not recommended to shave the head at times other than these four. See al-Istiqaamah by Shaykh al-Islam, 1/256.

2 – Shirk (the association of others with Allaah). Shaving the head may be a form of shirk, when the head is shaved as an act of humbling oneself before someone other than Allaah. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/195): “Such as when the mureeds (disciples of Sufi shaykhs) shave their heads for their shaykhs, and one of them says, ‘I shaved my head for So and so.’ This is like saying, ‘I prostrated to So and so,’ because shaving the head is an act of humility and submission, which is why it is one of the acts that complete the Hajj, for it means putting one’s forelock in the hand of its Lord, in submission to His greatness and humbling oneself before His glory. It is one of the most eloquent forms of submission. Hence when the Arabs wanted to humiliate their prisoners and free them, they would shave their heads and let them go…”

3 – A reprehensible innovation (bid’ah) – this takes many forms, such as:

Shaving the head as an act of worship and religious devotion – other than in the four cases mentioned above – such as making a shaved head a sign of righteousness or complete asceticism (zuhd). This is what the Khawaarij used to do. Hence it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described the Khawaarij as “their sign will be that they shave their heads.” (al-Bukhaari, 7007; Muslim, 1763). Al-Qurtubi said: “ ‘Their sign will be that they shave their heads’ means that they will make that a symbol of their rejection of worldly adornments and a sign by which they might be known. This is ignorance on their part… and introducing something into the religion of Allaah which differs from that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), the Rightly-guided Khaleefahs and their followers used to do.” (See Sharh al-‘Umdah, 1/231; Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/118).

Another example is that which some people do, ordering a person who has repented to shave his head. This is a bid’ah (innovation) which was not done by any of the Sahaabah or those who followed them in truth, or by any of the imams of the Muslims. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/118)

4 – Haraam kinds of shaving the head, which takes a number of forms, such as:

(i) Shaving the head when calamity strikes, such as the death of a relative and the like. It was narrated that Abu Moosa al-Ash’ari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disowned the woman who raises her voice in lament, the one who shaves her hair at times of calamity and the one who rends her garment.” Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) mentioned in al-Zawaajir ‘an Iqtiraaf al-Kabaa’ir the 117th major sin: shaving the head at times of calamity. He said: “Because that is showing discontent and a lack of acceptance of the divine decree.”

(ii) Shaving the head in a manner that resembles the kuffaar or immoral people who are well known for shaving their heads. A person might do that as a kind of adornment, to make himself look like them, or he might shave the hair at the sides of the head and leave the middle long. All of these are haraam forms of imitating others, and a form of promiscuity and decadence – we ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3401). Al-Faari (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: i.e., whoever makes himself resemble the kuffaar or immoral people, then he is one of them, i.e., he shares the sin with them.

5 – Permissible – i.e., shaving the head for a reason, such as shaving it as a remedy for disease, or to prevent lice and so on. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This is permissible according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and scholarly consensus. (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 12/117)

6 – Shaving the head for none of the reasons stated above.

This is a matter concerning which the scholars differed. Some of them regarded it as makrooh, such as Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him), and they quoted as evidence the fact that it is the sign of the followers of innovation, namely the Khawaarij, as stated in the hadeeth quoted above. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.”

Those who regard it as permissible quoted as evidence the report narrated by Abu Dawood (4192) who said that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the family of Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) three days after Ja’far had died, and called for a barber and told him to shave the heads of his sons. (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3532).

And Abu Dawood narrated (4195) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw a child who had part of his head shaved and not other parts. He said: “Shave it all or leave it all.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3535). Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “This clearly shows that it is permissible to shave the head, and it cannot be interpreted in any other way.” (Sharh Muslim). But using these two hadeeth to show that it is permissible to shave the head for no reason is a matter which is subject to further discussion.

Firstly, shaving the head here is for a reason, so it is permissible, the reason being that boys are more likely than others to be affected by lice, because they sweat a lot and get dirty. Zaad al-Ma’aad, 4/159.

Secondly, this has to do with a young boy, and concessions are made for children that are not made for adults. Haashiyat al-Sindi ‘ala al-Nasaa’i. See also Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 21/119; Sharh al-‘Umdah, 1/230.

There is some difference of opinion concerning the fifth type: is shaving the head makrooh or permissible? It is preferable not to shave it. Al-Faawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: It is better not to shave it unless that is for Hajj or ‘Umrah, as was the practice of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them). (From ‘Awn al-Ma’bood, 11/248). And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
            Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

salaams to all

this is what i found with regard to your questions regarding women cutting their hair:
              In general, the major classical Hanafi Fiqh books prohibit the cutting of hair for women. This is also affirmed by many Indian Subcontinent scholars. However, some scholars of the Arab world have permitted it conditionally.

In a Hadith, “the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) forbade women from shaving their hair.” (Sunan Tirmidhi, 2/246 & Sunan Nasa’i, 5/407)

Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) mentions in his famous book in Hanafi Fiqh:

“If a woman cuts her hair, she will be sinful and cursed. In al-Bazzaziyya it is added: “Even with the permission of the husband, as there is no obedience to the creation in disobeying the Creator.” (See: Radd al-Muhtar with the Durr of al-Haskafi, kitab al-hazr wal-ibaha, 5/261)

The main two reasons given by scholars for the impermissibility of women cutting their hair are:

a) Imitation of the Kuffar (non-Muslims),

b) Imitation of men,

Both of which have been clearly prohibited in Shariah.

In the Hadith recorded by Imam Abu Dawud in his ‘Sunan’ and others, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Whosoever imitates a group is amongst them.” (Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 4031)

Regarding the imitation of men, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) cursed those men who imitate women and those women who imitate men.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/205)

For the above two reasons, the jurists (fuqaha) have generally prohibited the cutting of hair for women. It is for the reason of imitating men; they considered such women to be cursed, as in the Hadith women who imitate men are cursed by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace)

In view of the above, it would generally not be permitted for women to cut their hair. To imitate the styles of the Kuffar and non-Muslim women is not permissible. The hair cuts prevalent among many modern women have a clear resemblance with the styles of non-Muslim women, thus it will be unlawful.

Similarly, to shorten the hair in a way that it resembles the hair of men is also prohibited. If a woman does so, she will earn the curse of the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace)

However, if a woman trims her hair slightly in a way that she did not contravene any of the above two reasons, then this would be (and Allah knows best) permitted. In other words, there are two conditions for this permissibility, and they both should be understood properly, and not misused or taken out of context:

1) There should be no imitation of non-Muslim Women,

The hairstyles adopted by kuffar and non-Muslim women, such as flicks, perms, fringes, etc… will not be allowed. Cutting the hair from the front will also be impermissible.

2) There should be no imitation of men

Cutting the hair in any way that resembles the hair of men is unlawful (haram), as mentioned previously. Therefore, if a woman cuts her hair from the lower end slightly in order to equate the level of the hairs, then this will be permissible.

It should be noted that, if the hair is cut, then it should be well below the shoulders, and this permissibility is only to cut it slightly. If the woman is married, then this should be done with the consent of her husband.

Finally, it should be remembered that it is better for a woman to not cut her hair altogether, unless there is some genuine reason. In the early times, a woman’s beauty was considered in the length of her hair, and not in looking like a man.

In conclusion, generally it is not permissible for a woman to cut her hair. However, if the hair is cut in the manner outlined above, it would be permissible, although better to avoid.

And Allah knows best

(Mufti) Muhammad ibn Adam
              Darul Iftaa
              Leicester, UK

and Allah ta'ala knows best
              jazakallah
              Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
              very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Walikum Assalaam

:up:

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

whoever said cutting hair short was a necessity for women in Britain has decieved the Shaykh. The fact Britain is a first-world nation with practically every residential premises being connected to reliable and adequate gas and electric and even the households on benefits can afford one hairdryer makes it all seem pretty pathetic for someone to pose such a question to a Saudi shaykh. **roll eyes**
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

edit
                    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Sorry sisters/brothers but I'm really confused am I not allowed to cut it at all?! =/

Comment

I do like Mohawk style hair? Is that haram? I'm not copying the kuffars.. It's the fact it suits me :)

Comment

Originally posted by Yara24 View Post
                          Sorry sisters/brothers but I'm really confused am I not allowed to cut it at all?! =/
                          Yes You Can LOL

But You It Cant Be like A Non Muslims At All I Mean Like Rihanna's Shaven Side Head Or Spikey Hair

Or Look Like A Man.

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

okay thanks I'm doing it short but not short short like a man LOL thanks everyone :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
                              I do like Mohawk style hair? Is that haram? I'm not copying the kuffars.. It's the fact it suits me :)
                              But your hair has to be the same length all the way round and mohawk makes it uneven right?

BTW is spiking ur hair allowed?
                              http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Working...
                              X