• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch - Trapped Nerve

:salams

Ouch. I've got a trapped nerve.

And it hurts. Alot.

Anyone know of any good remedies ? (aside from painkillers)

At the moment Im using Ostrich Oil but it still hurts a lot.

dhakiyyah....zee

:jkk:
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Ouch - Trapped Nerve

This happened to me a while ago and it lasted for ages before i decided to go to the dr.. i would really recommend taking some anti inflammatories like ibuprofen..although he gave me celecoxib or something like that because it was more protective for the stomach..seriously a one weeks course and you will feel much better quickly...

Comment

I thought this was a Poem...Trapped Nerve
      What's a trapped nerve?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

ouch.. that definitely sounds painful :( may Allah grant you shifaa sister...

ps. this is the first time I've heard of Ostrich oil... is it just the name.. or do they like really squeeze oil outta ostriches
        الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

I had the same thing years before and somehow manipulated it back into place.

Yes it was very painful, and I nearly passed out. But it solved the problem.
          You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

:wswrwb:

like you mean in your neck? lol happened to me when i was 13. gardhan khatarnaak akargayi thi. It hurts alot in the first 24 hours. Just wait it out. It'll fix up. slowly try and rotate the neck. My head was on it's side for the first 2 days looooooool.

Comment

Walikum Assalaam

i Get this ALOT In My Ankle All The Time Try To massage It To Shift It

I have No Idea W"hy they Come But They Are PAINFUL Subhanallah
              And He found you lost and guided you,
              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                I thought this was a Poem...Trapped Nerve
                What's a trapped nerve?
                looooooooool.....why a poem?? :rotfl:
                “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

Originally posted by layla tul qadr View Post
                  I thought That also :scratch:
                  And He found you lost and guided you,
                  ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                  " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                  ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by layla tul qadr View Post
                    Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                    I thought That also :scratch:
                    Makes a good title for a poem, I say.

Trapped Nerve

O, the agony is pernicious
                    I turn in Thy mercy
                    Blessed be me, 'tis only capricious
                    Surely, my deeds will be in gramercy

This will, but only last a blink of an eye
                    For now, I rest with Ostrich oil
                    Behold, the Savior is up there in the sky
                    Will He not pay for my toil?

:rotfl:
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                      :salams

Ouch. I've got a trapped nerve.

And it hurts. Alot.

Anyone know of any good remedies ? (aside from painkillers)

At the moment Im using Ostrich Oil but it still hurts a lot.

dhakiyyah....zee

:jkk:
                      Ws,

Why are you just asking for Dhakkiya and Zee for help?

I have a mallet, i could hit the nerve from the top, bottom and side, inshallah it will slot right back in.

Grotbags
                      Some of The Best Dhikr

1. Quran: Ultimately, the best dhikr is reading the Quran.

Reward: You will be rewarded 10 rewards for every letter read. This prize basically illustrates the weight of the Quran in terms of where it should be in your life.

2. SubhanAllah or SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty.”)

Reward: A tree will be planted for you in Paradise. Nice! Start growing your own forest right now! Another hadith relates that whoever says this 100 times a day, his/her sins will be forgiven even if they were as much as the foam of the sea [Bukhari].

3. Alhamdulillah (“All praise is for Allah.”)

Reward: Your scales will be tipped on the Day of Judgment, full of rewards!

4. SubhanAllah wal hamdulillah, wa la ilahaillAllah wa Allahu akbar “I praise Allah (or All Praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is for Allah. This is no deity worthy of worship besides Allah. Allah is Great.”

Reward: This combination of dhikr is the one most beloved by Allah, subhana wa ta’ala. When you say them, sins fall off of you like leaves off of trees.

5. La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (“There is no power or might except (by) Allah.”)

Reward: You will enter through a special door in Paradise for those who oft use this remembrance.

6. SubhanAllah (x33), Alhamdulillah (x33), Allahu akbar (x34). Can be recited after salah and before you go to bed/sleep. (“I praise Allah (or All praise if to Allah) above all attributes that do not suit His Majesty. All praise is to Allah. Allah is Great.”)

Reward: We know that this dhikr is said after each salah, but when Fatima raḍyAllāhu 'anha (may Allāh be pleased with her) the daughter of the Prophet came to her father requesting a servant to help with the household, the Messenger of Allah ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) told her to repeat the dhikr before her sleep and the results would be better than having a servant.

7. Astaghfirullah (“I seek Allah’s forgiveness.”)

Reward: You will get protection from Allah’s punishment. In Surah Nuh, ayah 10-12, Allah relates the story of Prophet Nuh and how he instructed his people to seek Allah’s forgiveness. If they would just say “astagfirullah,” Allah would sent them rain in abundance, and increase their wealth and children, and give them gardens and rivers in Paradise.

8. Ayahtul-Kursi [2:255].

Reward: When you recite this verse before you go to sleep, Allah sends a guardian to you and no shaytan will come to you until morning. Those who read this after each salah shall enter Paradise.

Comment

:wswrwb:

You haven't said which parts of the body are affected but I think you should see a doctor to get professional advice. But meanwhile there are advice for symptom-control on internet:

For Trapped Nerve Neck Pain:
                        http://chirocentre.co.uk/trapped-ner...k-pain-relief/

Or for Non-specific Lower Back Pain in Adults:
                        http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Back-Pain.htm

May Allah swt stop your pain and keep you in good health, Ameen. :)

Comment

Sis if you don't mind me asking where is the trapped nerve?

Due to the gym I have had a trapped nerve in my back the shock went down my arm to my finger.
                          I just very recently had a trapped nerve in my lower back and down my left leg.
                          AlhamduLILAH they both went with stretching, massage and rest.
                          "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
                          "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Ameen to all your duas :jkk:

Its in my neck on the left hand side and starts on my temple and goes down to my shoulder. I have an extremeley high pain threshold but this is really painful. esp at night.

Yes Ebs I know the feeling about passing out.

Rest??...hah. yeah, right.

Ive tried ibuprofen, co codamol and paracetamol which work at temporary pain relief when I cant take it anymore but its not sorting the problem out....I might get hijaamah done again, see if that helps.

I dont want to go any see somone but looks like Ill have to. Ive had it for 3 weeks now....and its not nice.

Grotbags, sometimes I wish you would get the mallet and sort it out :) ....see guys this is exactly how she bullies me.

:rotfl: @ poem....grotty is that an infraction or ban?? Knowing her, she'll probably give you all extra resp for laughing at me.
                            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

indian chai with lots of ginger :up:
                              Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                              http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                              Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                              Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Working...
                              X