Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys not playing sports-unusual?

Salams

This is a bit of a wierd Q but I was wondering are there any guys who don't like playing sports? does not liking sports equal unsociable for a guy? would they feel left out around other guys?

Re: guys not playing sports-unusual?

:wswrwb:

Not really, lots of people like watching sports but were never good at playing sports. I don't see why that's unusual, sports might just not be their thing.
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Hmm.. When i think about it, at a younger age, BOYS DO SPORTS. And that was how it was, but as they get older, they either do it, or not. Anyone get what i mean?

Comment

salaams to all
        first, why should we play sports?
        is it just for fun or do we have a worthy intention behind it?
        as muslims, we can say were staying fit so we can perform more ibaadat & serve deen better.
        some guys have a physically demanding job- so they dont need to play any sport for fitness.
        sometime, its better to engage in some sport that you can do individually like swimming, archery, horseriding
        these are amongst the sports reccomended by Rasullullah(SAW) due to them being beneficial esp for jihad.
        then theres wrestling-but avoid the tight costumes-totally unislamic.
        the reason for ulama advising people to stay away from team sports like soccer- some guys take it TOO seriously & they even get violent and use abusive language.
        and if guys play very roughly then we risk injury to ourself and others, which sort of defeats the purpose of sport-keeping fit.
        another issue is that they get too engrossed in their game & even neglect salaah.

i think that even those who dont like sports generally, should find some sport or means of keeping fit.
        this applies more to guys who have office jobs etc.
        theres many sports and if they dont like interacting/associating with others, then find a sport that you can do individually.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
        jazakallah
        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

Haven't played sports in...umm...yeah, been a while.
          But, watching is different.

As long as a man's not fat, then there's no need to worry, he's normal :insha:
          Some people aren't all that into esports.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by BeautyWithin View Post
            Hmm.. When i think about it, at a younger age, BOYS DO SPORTS. And that was how it was, but as they get older, they either do it, or not. Anyone get what i mean?
            Yeah, I'm with you. :p And that's actually what happens with a lot of people.
            Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
            O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
            We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

its all about sports. the couple of guys i know that are not interested in any sport are a bit camp

i dont know many other brothers who dont like playing a sport

Comment

its the neeks that dont do sports. also i think technology is having a big effect on peoples outdoor life.
                Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

There are some guys that aren't into sports at all.

Know a few, doesn't mean they are camp or anything. A few got into weight-training in their 20s tho.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Haven't played sports in...umm...yeah, been a while.
                    But, watching is different.

As long as a man's not fat, then there's no need to worry, he's normal :insha:
                    Some people aren't all that into esports.
                    what you implying bro?....lool esports katay....said it like a true desi.

I have a male cousin who is terrible at sports but intellectually he's way up there. A geek, but pretty cool and religious.

Comment

If a man is not chubby, LIKE YOU, STUFFING HIS FACE WITH GULAB JAMUN ALL THE TIME! HA!, then it's no big deal if he ain't in to esports.

GULAB JAMUN EATING COMPETITION IS NOT A ESHPORT!
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

if you don't play sports, at least do some exercises to keep fit

this reminds me to start jogging again
                        “And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.” [29:64]

Comment

I honestly don't enjoy playing sports. Or watching them.
                          Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

I like sports but finding people to play with gets very difficult as you get older (25+).

Few married brothers keep physically fit, but I guess there is this trend (among asians anyway) of going to the gym to do weights. That's fine but I don't think doing weights alone is 'keeping fit' as most people don't do cardio and it's usually done for vanity. I play football every week and to give you an idea, of the 30 or so people who play, probably about 5 are married (it ain't easy keeping up with the 18 yo who play five times a week! I feel old). The married bros can complain about their bellies due to all the 'dawats' they been getting, but that's a lie.
                            Other sports like badminton, tennis or just swimming/cycling/horseriding (way too expensive to be viable) are easier to do as you need few numbers if any (but then still it's hard to find others that will keep up, rather than come 1 week and not come for the next 3). I wish I took up a martial art when I was younger, no point now...

Guys also tend to hang out playing pool or whatever. They're not exactly sports.

I find nothing more tedious than jogging for miles. Playing a sport is soooo much easier and better. Jogging helps with endurance and stamina but not with intense speed and movement and I think intensity is better (unless you want to lose fat).

Anyway, short answer: Guys NOT playing sports isn't unusual anymore due to our sedentary lifestyles. Read the news: everybody is becoming a fatty and it's socially acceptable ;)
                            Last edited by badr_; 03-05-11, 03:20 PM.

Comment

for some people nowadays, sports are played on playstation, LOL
                              “And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.” [29:64]

Comment

Working...
                              X