• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAY friends?

Salam,

What do you guys think about becoming friends with gay people? =/

Do you think it is wrong or is it okay?

I dont know any gay people its just a thought... ;)
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: GAY friends?

Well, I guess it is better to be friends with people that follow your own deen, also, like you can have friends who are kuffar as long as you are not influenced by their ways. As it says in the Quran, lakum deenukum waleya deeni.
    But I would also like to know about other views on this, I know two guys that come to my college, one I've been in school with for six years and one I've known for ages and is now the only guy in my Child Studies class, and is working with me and another girl in a class project, and although they are pretty open about it, they do not speak openly about their views and person life nor do they impose their own opinions onto others. Therefor I just consider them as normal people who are not followers of my deen. Also they are guys so I do not allow them to get personal with me in anyway..
    WaAllahu A'lam.
    Look forward to hear more views. :)
    Last edited by BeautyWithin; 30-04-11, 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

I don't know, but you shouldn't dicriminate against them.

There are still are a lot of nice gay people.

Comment

i couldnt ever be friends with a little bent fella, i just couldnt

having said that there is a difference between gays that embrace their homsexuality and are proud of it and those that realise its abnormal and are ashamed of it and never act upon their feeling.

Comment

gay or not, I can never be friends with men who have fruity personality. It almost cheese me out when I see it in a girl too, so men = custy.
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Yara24 View Post
            Salam,

I dont know any gay people its just a thought... ;)
            They're either mentally ill or shaytans. You wouldnt wanna catch it would you...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Zubair View Post
              They're either mentally ill or shaytans. You wouldnt wanna catch it would you...
              How on earth can you catch it and become gay. Seriously........

Comment

wasalam,

i think it's a bad idea, they're screwed in their head anyway, you wouldn't want them to be having a crush on you and then be embroiled in some emotional crisis or something worse

so yeah it's wrong being friends with homos
                sigpic

Comment

@OP
                  I just could not be close friends with a gay guy.
                  However, one shouldn't shun such people. We need to convince them that you are not a homosexual, you are just a normal Muslim plagued with homosexual thoughts, just like most male youth are plagued with perverse straight thoughts. Once they start thinking we're something special and we need exemption from shariah, things get out of hand.

Comment

Salaam,

personally I would stay well away from gay people...
                    If the nation of Lut (A.S) got punished, i would want to stay well away

Allah Knows Besr
                    .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

There were some nations that were proud of their grand dwellings. do we not visit Dubai for our cousins wedding now?
                      The people of Salih were cheaters. How many Muslims are ripping each and the government off? Do we not associate with them also?
                      The Jews were arrogant and racist. Guess what? Most Muslims are too.
                      I don't associate with gay people because its...ewww. But as long as he believes that what he is engaged in is a sin, then he is a Muslim and we cannot judge him.

Anyways, one a side note. One Alim recently told that it was qaum-e-Lut that started the practice of shaving their beards.

Comment

I'd feel weird being around them...Err...
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I think you have to be careful from what society tells us is gay and what islam tells us is haram.

Society tells us that if you have a little feeling towards the same gender you are gay and need to come out of the closet and embrace it. Islam tells us that the feelings, as long as you don't entertain them, are not sinful; however, once you act on these feelings that is when it becomes a clear haram.

So if you meet someone who you may think is like this, but don't know because they don't say anything and they don't say anything about the matter. Treat them with the same level of respect you would treat anyone. If they are open about it and flaunt it, then that is another matter. Be respectful, try to give dawah, but don't actively seek them out.

Just remember that they are people too, so be respectful. They may become Muslim, so you never know.
                          Last edited by Grotbags; 02-05-11, 10:21 AM. Reason: quoted post edited
                          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                          Surah al-Baqarah
                          [2:245]

.:.
                          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                          ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
                            How on earth can you catch it and become gay. Seriously........
                            You never know...

Comment

I have gay mates! All white tho! But each to their own init Really nice guys.. Doesn't mean I get same punishment.. I live My life and they live theirs :)

Comment

Working...
                              X