Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when you are sad? :l

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I have been getting into alot of fight with my parents recently because of different views we have on my future. The few friends i had dont wana talk to me anymore :( It's like the whole world is against me and i am pretty much all alone here with no one to turn to. My deen has started suffering too and im beginning to feel hollow inside and down all the time...

What do you do when you are sad? Any Ayah or Dua'as that might be able to help me out?

JazakAllah Khair

As Salaamu Alaikum

Re: What do you do when you are sad? :l

:wswrwb:

No one to turn to? You sure about that?

See if you can find a middle-ground between your wishes and theirs. :insha: If not, then make dua'a that the Allah grant you what's best for you in both worlds.

Patience and Prayers! Don't ever think Allah will not test you in this world. Saying I believe is not enough, we must face the trials of this dunya.

May Allah help you.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Well, firstly I hope that you come to a resolve with them inshallah.

but yeah, it's more apersonal thing. Everyone has their own little ways to cope with anger, pain or anything else. For me, its writing poems. It makes me feel that relief when I put it all in a poem.

But as I said, it's up to you to see if you can do anything other than talking to someone else,
      But I will hopefully find you some Dua's by this afternoon if that will help, inshallah.

BeautyWithin
      :)

Comment

This may sound weird bro...I ....kill people in GTA. Just doing the usual drive on the sidewalks cleansing it of people, you know. Or just senseless killing in COD. It helps me get in the zone to return to the Qur'an or Hadith.

Comment

Wa alaikum salam,

Two things will always work are the following:

reciting the verse from Quran which Prophet Yunus said when he was swallowed by a fish la ilaha illla anta, innee kuntu minzaalimeen (There is no God, but you. Indeed I have been among the wrong doers. You should do so with faith that there might have been some mistake on your part which you are not away and if Allah forgives you, your sadness with good.

The second most effective way is to recite astaghfirulla 100 times. Even better option is to recite this verse 100 times which has astghfar too Surah Ibrahim 14:41 rannagh firli wa li walidayya wa lil mu'mineena youma yaa'kumul hisaab, you will do multiple things, 1) reciting Quran so you get 10 hasaanat for each letter, praying astaghfar which has lots of blessings and a duaa for rizq, mercy, forgiveness, blessings, strength and removal of sadness and fear, and a duaa for your parents and other Muslims which will make angels pray for you.

The prophet advised us that whenever we are sad, we should say Qadrallahu Ma shaa fa’aalah (Allah has preordained things, and He did as He wished). You will find saying this as immense relief too.

There are many duaa in Hisnul Muslim The Fortress of Muslim which should be said when you are sad. You can read them on the following link

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

I have written several posts on patience and tawakkal on my blog which you can read on following links. You can also read my booklets on astaghfar and patience and tawakkal from the following scribd link

http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/search/label/Tawakkal

http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/search/label/Patience

http://www.scribd.com/anistop

Besides, to sum, try to please your parents as far as you can. Allah tells us in Quran that we should not say even 'uff' to them. Perhaps your frustration is becaue you have said unpleasant things to your parents.
          [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (Al-Qur'an 13:28)

Even when I've been very low, and very weak in the deen, reciting dhikr would help me.

Also, salah and dua are amazing gifts - whatever problem you have, you can tell Allah about it.

You realise how precious salah is when you are without it.

And remember: "Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allah will grant after hardship, ease." (Al-Qur'an 65:7)

Comment

Do the above stuff - then go pump some iron or punch something. Usually works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post

This may sound weird bro...I ....kill people in GTA. Just doing the usual drive on the sidewalks cleansing it of people, you know. Or just senseless killing in COD. It helps me get in the zone to return to the Qur'an or Hadith.
                :eek3:
                Explain thyself, I charge thee!
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by MoMo. View Post
                  As Salaamu Alaikum,

I have been getting into alot of fight with my parents recently because of different views we have on my future. The few friends i had dont wana talk to me anymore :( It's like the whole world is against me and i am pretty much all alone here with no one to turn to. My deen has started suffering too and im beginning to feel hollow inside and down all the time...

What do you do when you are sad? Any Ayah or Dua'as that might be able to help me out?

JazakAllah Khair

As Salaamu Alaikum
                  wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuh,

firstly, don't be sad akhee, as Muslims we need to be positive in all aspects of our lives and by doing so we accept the qadr of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala who will test us at times. In the case of the disputes between your family and yourself, know that as practising individuals we all go through this and indeed it is a great fitnah for us because on the one hand we have to give our parents their rights and on the other we feel as though they are hindering us, especially in affairs of the deen. So we have to find the balanced way, the way which allows us to progress in our deen whilst also giving our parents their rights and they way we can do this is by making sabr and making dua, indeed it is He, Allah who can change the hearts of mankind and if you are sincere then maybe your parents will open up their hearts and allow you to work towards your future in the way that you wish to.

As it relates to friends, if they do not want to keep in contact with you because you are practising and they are not, then say Alhumdu'lillah, indeed we do not need bad company who will do nothing but hinder us on our path to knowledge.

When you feel sad, alone and depressed, remember that there is someone worse off than you. Akhee, you have parents alhumdu'lillah, maybe you have family too...there are people around the globe who have been widowed as we speak, orphaned, left with no family and no money yet they smile and say 'hasbanallahu wa ni mal wakil' sufficient is Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala for me. So think again brother, are you really lonely and do you really have nobody to turn to?

These are the tricks of the shayateen, who whispers to us to the effect that we start moping around and feeling sorry for ourselves, they want us to be deprived of one of the greatest gifts that a man can have:

when the verses of gold and silver were revealed, the people went to Umar radiAllahu ta'aala anhu and asked him what treasures they should possess. Umar radiAllahu ta'aala anhu asked the Messenger of Allah who said: 'let one of you possess a heart that is thankful (to Allah), a tongue that remembers Allah much and a righteous wife'.

So know that by being sad and looking at the negatives in life, we are not being greatful to Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala for that which he has bestowed upon us, rather it can get to a stage where we think 'what is my worth, why is my life so rubbish, why cant my life be like so and so' and when this happens we are heading towards a dangerous route.

When I am sad i try and do something active, something i enjoy, calligraphy, art...try and find a hobby and also use this as a time to re build your connection with Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala. Do your daily adhkaar, try and fast monday and thurs if you are able, try and give sadaqah, wallah brother when you do something sincerley for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala you will find happiness, be'ithnillahi ta'aala.

I would also strongly advice you to do ruqya on yourself because i went through this stage too and wallah sihr is a nasty thing. (im not saying your sadness is sihr, dont get me wrong) but it is important to do ruqya on yourself daily and to protect yourself from the evil out there.

Lastly, remember that Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala is your Protector and do you have the book 'la tahzan (dont be sad) ? it may be worthwhile purchasing it.

w'allahu ta'aala aalum
                  http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

generally when I am sad, pray salah

with your situation, one advice I can give you from personal experience is never ever snap back at your parents. Never do that. The friends that abandoned you ain't your real friends. Get yourself focused in something you enjoy about the religion to forget about everything else. Follow other advice cause I suck at giving advice. Sorry akh.
                    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post

I would also strongly advice you to do ruqya on yourself because i went through this stage too and wallah sihr is a nasty thing. (im not saying your sadness is sihr, dont get me wrong) but it is important to do ruqya on yourself daily and to protect yourself from the evil out there.
                      How do we do that, sis?

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post

i think you have more serious problems than the OP :wacko:

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          How do we do that, sis?
                          assaalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakthu here you go..

The virtues of ruqyah and du’aa’s to be recited therein
                          What are the virtues of a man reciting ruqyah for himself? What is the evidence for that? What should he say when he recites ruqyah for himself?.

Praise be to Allaah.

1 – There is nothing wrong with the Muslim reciting ruqyah for himself. That is permissible; indeed it is a good Sunnah, for the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited ruqyah for himself, and some of his companions recited ruqyah for themselves.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was ill, he would recite al-Mi’wadhatayn over himself and spit drily. When his pain grew intense, I recited over him and wiped him with his own hand, seeking its barakah (blessing).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4728; Muslim, 2192

With regard to the hadeeth narrated by Muslim (220), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described the seventy thousand of this ummah who will enter Paradise without being brought to account or punished, and in which it says: “They are those who did not recite ruqyah or ask for ruqyah to be done, and they did not believe in bad omens and they put their trust in their Lord” – the phrase “they did not recite ruqyah” is the words of the narrator, not of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Hence al-Bukhaari narrated this hadeeth (no. 5420) and he did not mention this phrase.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

These people are praised because they did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for them, and ruqyah is a type of du’aa’, so they did not ask others to pray for them. The phrase “and they did not recite ruqyah” which is mentioned in the hadeeth is a mistake (on the part of the narrator), for their ruqyah for themselves and for others is a good deed. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited ruqyah for himself and for others; he did not ask anyone to recite ruqyah for him. His reciting ruqyah for himself and others was like his making du’aa’ for himself and others; this is something that is enjoined, for all the Prophets asked of Allaah and prayed to Him, as Allaah tells us in the stories of Adam, Ibraaheem, Moosa and others.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 1/182

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

This phrase is inserted in the hadeeth, but it is a mistake on the part of some of the narrators. Haadi al-Arwaah, 1/89.

Ruqyah is one of the greatest remedies that the believer should use regularly.

2 – With regard to the du’aa’ that is prescribed for the Muslim to say if he wants to recite ruqyah for himself or for someone else, there are many such du’aa’s, the greatest of which are al-Faatihah and al-Mi’wadhatayn.

A group of the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set out on a journey and travelled until they made came near one of the Arab tribes. They asked them for hospitality but they refused to do so. Then the leader of that tribe was stung, and they tried everything but nothing helped him. Then some of them said, Why don’t you go to those people who are staying (nearby)? Maybe some of them have something. So they went to them and said, O people, our leader has been stung and we have tried everything and nothing helped him. Do any of you have something? One of them said, Yes, by Allaah. I will perform ruqyah for him, but by Allaah we asked you for hospitality and you did not give us anything, so we will not perform ruqyah for you unless you give us something in return. So they agreed on a flock of sheep, then he started to blow on him and recite Al-hamdu Lillaahi Rabb il-‘Aalameen. Then he recovered quickly from his complaint and started walking, and there was nothing wrong with him. Then they have them what they had agreed to, and some of them (the Sahaabah) said, Let us share it out. The one who had performed ruqyah said, Do not do anything until we come to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and tell him what happened, and we will wait and see what he tells us to do. So they came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him what had happened. He said, “How did you know that it is a ruqyah?” Then he said, “You did the right thing. Share them out, and give me a share.” And the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled. (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2276, and by Muslim, 2201).

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was ill, he would recite al-Mi’wadhatayn over himself and spit drily. When his pain grew intense, I recited over him and wiped him with his own hand, seeking its barakah (blessing).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4728; Muslim, 2192

The du’aa’s that have been narrated in the Sunnah include the following:

Muslim (2202) narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-Aas that he complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about pain that he had felt in his body from the time he had become Muslim. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Put your hand on the part of your body where you feel pain and say ‘Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) three times, then say seven times, ‘A’oodhu bi ‘izzat-illaah wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajid wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge in the glory and power of Allaah from the evil of what I feel and worry about).”

Al-Tirmidhi (2080) added: He said, I did that, and Allaah took away what I had been suffering, and I kept on enjoining my family and others to do that.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1696)

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to seek refuge for al-Hasan and al-Husayn, and he would say: “Your father [ meaning Ibraaheemm peace be upon him] used to seek refuge with Allaah for Ismaa’eel and Ishaaq with these words: A’oodhu bi kalimaat Allaah al-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah (I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah, from every devil and every poisonous reptile, and from every evil eye).’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3191.

And Allaah knows best.

assalamu alaikum wa rahmatULLAHI wa barakathu
                          La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

As Salaamu Alaikum,

JazakAllah Khair

As Salaamu Alaikum

I think everyone goes through times like this bro. Do whatever you can for your parents and your friends will come around too ... in situations like this I think its best to turn to the dhikr of Allah (swt), because in the end He is really the only one we can turn to.

Why not listen to some recitations of the Noble Qur'an?

Comment

As Salaamu Alaikum,

apologize to your Parents.
                              "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
                              western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Working...
                              X