No announcement yet.

What would you do if.... Would you...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do if.... Would you...?

Originally posted by BeautyWithin View Post
    Good to hear. :) JzAllah

But may I ask would you as a brother in Islam walk up to a sister out of nowhere and say Salam? Or would that seem un natural? Because it happens to me quiet often and I don't think it's that much of a norm if you can in any way understand what Im waffling on about..? LOL. But Yh, the convo bit was just extra, :)

Thanks for you contribution though

BeautyWithin
    Wa alaykum salam.

Seriously it doesnt matter if its a brother or a sister who comes up to you and says salam, you just have to reply with wa alaykum salam.
    The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
      Thats your husband problem not yours :) If i was married and Brothers salaam my wife I be like Hell yeah! Just like 1400 years ago! Respect! I don't know what their intention is but as a Muslim I would instantly think its good inshallah, Allah knows best init
      If A Man Isnt Jealous Of His And Dont Protect Her From The Eyes Of The Men Then HeWont Even Smell Jannah
      And He found you lost and guided you,
      ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

if your waking on the street and muslim women or muslim men says you have to say . it does not matter if the person is male or female.

Allah has commanded us to spread the greeting of salaam, and has enjoined us to return the greeting to all Muslims. He has made the greeting of salaam one of the things that spread love among the believers.

And it was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "You will not enter Paradise until you (truly) believe, and you will not (truly) believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread the greeting of salaam amongst yourselves."

Narrated by Muslim, 54.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/39258

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also explained the reward earned by the one who says salaam, as was reported by al-Nisaa’i in ‘Aml al-yawm wa’l-laylah (368) and al-Bukhaari in al-Adab al-Mufrad (586) and by Ibn Hibban (493). They reported from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man passed by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whilst he was sitting with some others, and said “Salaam ‘alaykum (peace be upon you).” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[He will have] ten hasanaat (rewards).” Another man passed by and said “Salaam ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaah (peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah).” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[He will have] twenty hasanaat.” Another man passed by and said “Salaam ‘alaykum wa rahmat-Allaahi wa barakaatuhu (peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah and His blessings).” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “[He will have] thirty hasanaat.”

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/4596

Comment

↑I was wondering that, too.
          However, AskImam said it's wajib, unless there's a fear of fitnah.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Mufti Ibrahim Desai's website?
            could you provide me a link please?
            Jazakallah.

Comment

AskImam.org

Fatwa, here.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Jazakallah.
                Now if a ghayr-mahram makes salam, I'll quickly reply and hurry off. If I am afraid it may escalate, then I won't give reply to her salam. Sounds right?

Comment

Right.

And Allah knows best.

Comment

what if a sister approaches you and gives salam as a bro ? then what??
                    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                      what if a sister approaches you and gives salam as a bro ? then what??
                      politely doff your topi - "walaikum salam, ma'am"

Comment

^ what if its a turban ?
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

cover your face with the tail end and bat your eyelashes at them.

Comment

The more worrying part would be what in the world is she doing wearing a turban?

That's worth striking a convo with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                              If A Man Isnt Jealous Of His And Dont Protect Her From The Eyes Of The Men Then HeWont Even Smell Jannah
                              Umm... Ok... is this from the hadith again?? lol

Comment

Assalamualaikum....as far as i know... it's not mandate to reply the salam of namehram...

Comment

Working...
                                X