Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

male gym manager walks around the gym. should I quit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• male gym manager walks around the gym. should I quit?

few months ago, i had to chose between an expensive women's only gym, and a gym mixed gym.

the mixed gym (at my uni) was £50 for the entire year.

the women's only gym is £30 a month.

anyway, after much thought i chose the women's only gym.

few days into my membership i realised the manager (a muslim male), walks around the gym sometimes, he doesn't deliberately look at women, but he walks around and see women if he wants. I was told he never comes out of his office, when signing the contract. based on that fact i signed the contract. obviously this wasn't true they just said that to get me to sign up.

anyway, i have been there less than 5 times in the last 3 months. but now I want to stop going all together. i have paid alot of money for it that will go to waste. is this islamically the right decision?

jazakallah

Re: male gym manager walks around the gym. should I quit?

Remind them of what they told you when you signed your contract. You signed based on information you thought to be honest and true. That has to account for something. Perhaps due to false pretenses you can get your money back.

Comment

Tell the manager to stay out

Comment

Oh no. Make a complaint! Its very rude of him to be walking around!

Comment

As you have paid the money and signed a contract.Show the same to the manager asking him directly.

Originally posted by x--x View Post
          Tell the manager to stay out
          صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
          Al-Muslimeen

Comment

I would try and get your contract cancelled and money back considering it was missold to you. I had this issue with a fitness first and I did manage to get my contract cancelled (although they weren't cooperative, so you prob have to persist a bit)
            This is just really out of order for something advertised as a women's gym, and for a muslim woman it makes the gym membership not fit for its purpose because you can not actually use the gym equipment if there's a chance of a man walking past as how can you do that fully covered in hijab and abayah
            as a muslim the manager should know and understand that. the fact that he doesnt would make me reluctant to use it personally, even if you complain and he says he will stop doing it - the trust is lost.
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

The magic words are:

breach of contract
              service unfit for purpose
              false advertising

put your complaint in writing ..keep it simple, it's not a 'women only' gym if there is a man walking around inside

e2a: anna beat me to it

Comment

Send an anonymous letter.
                SPREAD OF EVIL
                ZIONISM
                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Complain and demand some form of compensation as the product was missold and for the upset and tension it has caused you. Even if you want to continue membership you are entitled to some form of compensation. Don't be shy about these things and just go for the jugular because th law is on your side.

Some people think it's making a fuss but if you haven't recieved the customer service you deserve or are entitled to then you have a complain.

As an example I was sold a cheese salad from baguette du monde but as I was eating I tasted tuna. I took it back and made a forceful complain and ended up getting monetary compensation from the manager. Go for it and if manager tries to fob you off then ask him for escalation process, if he is unco-operative then just inform him that you will be taking further action. Take a witness and make a record of when incidents took place also.
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

a quick tip: if the company refuses to refund your money, make a dispute with your bank card/credit card if you paid that way and it's possible your bank will get your money back for you. i've had to dispute some membership I had with an online company and my bank refunded my money.
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

What gym is this ?

Name and shame ...

Comment

Seriously, just pushing my point. I've worked in customer service in different roles for years now, most customers have no idea how much they can get and what their rights are. Remember, you don't lose by asking and don't just roll aside and accept whatever you are told.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                        X