Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenges brothers face when trying to practice Islam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenges brothers face when trying to practice Islam?

When I began to make a little effort in practicing deen, it became harder to control my nafs by guarding my gaze and shaytaan also started to bombard me with waswasa about taharah.
    May Allah give us istiqamat and accept us.
    wasalam.

Comment

1) Trying to find a proper place to perform wudu and salaat.
      2) Wearing pants in the summer here in Florida (I want to wear long sleeves year round, but I can't do that yet)
      3) Trying to eat halaal food at resturants.
      4) having non-Muslim friends and family think you are weird
      5) Trying to find the right crowd of Muslims to hang around with (I'm more conservative than some and more liberal than others, and looked down upon by both groups)
      6) Finding a job that would allow you to grow a beard (when I worked at Publix, I made a big deal about my conversion to Islam (praying salaat to the exact minute, growing a beard, not touching pork, etc) and that's probably the reason why they won't rehire me.
      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

My hubby was praying at work, and his boss never saw the way Muslims pray, and he was like "are you ok? is their something wrong?" lol and my husband had to actually explain to him that's how muslims pray
        Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
        Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
          Same here.
          I can imagine bro... Anyone in corporate sector would be in this mess. I am still trying to figure out how to do it politely and in the best way without leaving a bad impression.
          "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
            I can imagine bro... Anyone in corporate sector would be in this mess. I am still trying to figure out how to do it politely and in the best way without leaving a bad impression.
            Shaykh Yusuf Estes once replied "My religion doesn't allow me to shake the hands of attractive ladies". I believe it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
              Shaykh Yusuf Estes once replied "My religion doesn't allow me to shake the hands of attractive ladies". I believe it was him.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZRP-gSP74

;)

PERIOD GOES INSIDE THE QUOTE!
              Last edited by .mirror.; 22-04-11, 04:19 AM.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BZRP-gSP74

;)

PERIOD GOES INSIDE THE QUOTE!
                LOL! JazakAllahu khairan!..

Yes yes... period goes inside the quote. grrr. 2nd time you caught me.

Comment

:salams

interesting thread, nice to hear from the bros for a change.
                  Patience...

Comment

Working...
                  X