Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenges brothers face when trying to practice Islam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenges brothers face when trying to practice Islam?

:start:

I just wanted to know what are the difficulties brothers face when trying to practice their deen. Be it at home/work/school/uni/streets etc?
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: Challenges brothers face when trying to practice Islam?

Public washrooms are atrocious. I just opt to hold it in until I get home.

Comment

Shaking women's hands.
      "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
        Shaking women's hands.
        how come this a challenge?
        "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
        western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Shaking women's hands.
          Same here.
          The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
          Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
            :start:

I just wanted to know what are the difficulties brothers face when trying to practice their deen. Be it at home/work/school/uni/streets etc?
            Tv.

Comment

Having to fit salah around timetable rather than timetable around salah. [especially a problem for those at school and uni - not a problem if you live in Muslim country]

Dealing with shaking womens hands (as RashidD mentioned)

Dealing with the half-naked girls everywhere (especially in the summer)

Dealing with trying to find a wife

Dealing with the guys you grew up with who have gone into drugs, alcohol and zina that has taken the youth, especially the Asian youth.

Comment

Shaking women's hands.
                Yup.

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
                Having to fit salah around timetable rather than timetable around salah. [especially a problem for those at school and uni - not a problem if you live in Muslim country]

Dealing with shaking womens hands (as RashidD mentioned)

Dealing with the half-naked girls everywhere (especially in the summer)

Dealing with trying to find a wife

Dealing with the guys you grew up with who have gone into drugs, alcohol and zina that has taken the youth, especially the Asian youth.
                Summed up nicely

Plus trying to stay away from disgusting half naked women in a crowded bus/train where everyone's standing on top of each other *shudder*

Comment

The environment is a big mess.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by imran1976 View Post
                    how come this a challenge?
                    lol

They aint in Pakistan or Hindustan.
                    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Growing a beard and being questioned and hassled by your own family/community. Even the kuffar at work were more accepting than some Muslims
                      Having a beard in general is a test.

Keeping your trousers above ankles

That's all I could think of right now.

Comment

niqabi winks. they were a big problem before, now they not so much a problem but the "normal-sister-winks" get to be a real problem when Umm Muhammad is accompanying me. **sad face**

embarassing man.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Shaking women's hands.
                          Agreed.

Being at a university where the female to male ratio is almost 2:1 isnt easy.

Working at a hospital when the 90% of the staff is female.
                          Last edited by Excuse_me; 21-04-11, 08:31 PM.

Comment

How is the beard a big challenge? In what sense?
                            (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

The cops pick on you.
                              And I don't think many people are too inclined to give jobs to bearded men, but maybe I'm wrorg about that one. I always see on interview prep. guidelines - "Clean Shaven." So, there must be some truth to it.
                              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                              X