Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qazaa Namaz??

AoA to all!

I have a query that's been bothering me since a while now.
    I originally belong to the subcontinent, and over there, I've heared of a term "Qazaa Namaz"-- whereby you can offer a salah later if you've missed it at it's actual time.

However, I've never come across this term in any other book, or hadith, or the sunnah. Is this correct? Or is this just some bid'ah we've created just to satisfy ourselves if we've missed a Prayer? What is the religious significance of Qazaa?
    "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."
    Noble Quran 8:2
    :love:

Re: Qazaa Namaz??

It could be related to the Nafl - Voluntary prayers, which could be used to catch up on Salah that you have missed by accident, such as sleeping through it.

Comment

:salams:

Its not bid'ah.

Qada is part of the repentance for missing the prayer. So if you realise you missed a prayer, you do Qada for it and tauba.

However some people have misunderstood it to be some sort of substitute for praying their salat on time. Thats not correct. You should always intend to and try your best to pray the salat in its set time, but if something does happen that makes you miss it then you have to do Qada. [E.g. you sleep through fajr time, then you wake up and read Qada.]

Also you might find this thread useful:Repayment of Heavenly Debt
      http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
      HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
      Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Thank you for your responses! Jazakallah!! :)
        "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."
        Noble Quran 8:2
        :love:

Comment

Working...
        X