Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

subhanallah, i want to be her friend so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subhanallah, i want to be her friend so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a friend, actually i should say a girl who I know, cause we don't interact or anything. you don't see her out, walahi even if you go to her house you don't see her. my mother is friends with her mom and that's how i know her, every time we go to their house she's in her room. subhanallah at first i thought she was rude. she'd come down serve us, greet us and she goes back to her room. i always wanted to know what she does in her room, so the last time we visited i asked her mom if she's home and she said yes, go to her room upstairs (us somalis we don't do privacy and thatl) so up i went, i knocked on her door and she opened. i HAVE NEVER seen a tinier room in my life and what made things worse everywhere there where books notes cassettes scattered everywhere (long time since i seen a cassete). there must of been more books than we have in our local library. arabic books tafsir books fiqh books, the room was so small i had to sit on her bed. i was like no wonder you never see her out. i can't remember the last time she came to jum'a ( btw i thought it was good thing to attend jum'a!?). her entire wall was scripted with quran verses and hadiths in arabic. walahi i couldn't belief what i saw. i was so amazed and the thing is you think someone who has soo much knowledge would have alot to say and give you da'wa but wallahi all she did was listen to me. i never seen a quieter person in my life. she was so reluctant to respond to anything i said.

i never made a thread about someone, but i really want to be her friend, only how can you be friends with someone who is so different. i asked her number, but she doesn't own a phone , (i didn't ask why) she gave me the home landline subhanalah. plus she doesn't interacts with people, and she hardly goes out. even to the masjid! so can you see me asking her can I come to your house? yes akward

i want to be her friend soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! how should I go about it? jazakallah!
    Last edited by Muslimm; 17-04-11, 05:39 PM.

Re: subhanallah, i want to be her friend so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salams

Oh, you're a girl, right?

Well, everytime you visit their house with your mum, you just go up to her room. Little by little things will start falling in place. :insha:

Don't pressure her too much right now, since she doesn't even know you as much.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimm View Post
      i have a friend, actually i should say a girl who I know, cause we don't interact or anything. you don't see her out, walahi even if you go to her house you don't see her. my mother is friends with her mom and that's how i know her, every time we go to their house she's in her room. subhanallah at first i thought she was rude. she'd come down serve us, greet us and she goes back to her room. i always wanted to know what she does in her room, so the last time we visited i asked her mom if she's home and she said yes, go to her room upstairs (us somalis we don't do privacy and thatl) so up i went, i knocked on her door and she opened. i HAVE NEVER seen a tinier room in my life and what made things worse everywhere there where books notes cassettes scattered everywhere (long time since i seen a cassete). there must of been more books than we have in our local library. arabic books tafsir books fiqh books, the room was so small i had to sit on her bed. i was like no wonder you never see her out. i can't remember the last time she came to jum'a ( btw i thought it was good thing to attend jum'a!?). her entire wall was scripted with quran verses and hadiths in arabic. walahi i couldn't belief what i saw. i was so amazed and the thing is you think someone who has soo much knowledge would have alot to say and give you da'wa but wallahi all she did was listen to me. i never seen a quieter person in my life. she was so reluctant to respond to anything i said.

i never made a thread about someone, but i really want to be her friend, only how can you be friends with someone who is so different. i asked her number, but she doesn't own a phone , (i didn't ask why) she gave me the home landline subhanalah. plus she doesn't interacts with people, and she hardly goes out. even to the masjid! so can you see me asking her can I come to your house? yes akward

i want to be her friend soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! how should I go about it? jazakallah!
      After reading that, I wana be her friend as well. Sisters like that are hard to find. MashaAllah one of my friends is quite active in gaining knowlegde, we werent very close to start with but once you know that your common interest is the deen, the friendship will flourish inshaAllah.

Just ask her to teach you what shes learnt once a week inshaAllah. May Allah make you those who love each other for His sake, ameen
      Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

keep buggin her until she's forced to be friends with u

always works :up:

Comment

force her to be your friend this instance!

Comment

awwwwww, that is sooooooooooo sweet.......... :)
            im sure she'll become ur mate once u keep in touch n that....... :)

Comment

lool at dnt do privacy
              just talk more often when your at her house

Comment

That is very inspiring mashAllah. May Allah keep her steadfast.

I have a question though: How do you sisters feel about considering prospects who are inferior to them in knowledge of deen and in practice? They're mediocre and they do strive, just not at the level as you at the moment.

Comment

wwooww! subhanAllah man that is amazing and quite awe inspiring. I mean clearly shes ok with this and this is how she wishes to live her life and be productive with her time- Allah Ta'ala increase her in knowledge and keep her steadfast always. Ameen.
                  Sister, why dont you follow the beautiful sunnah of our beloved Nabi saw and take her a small gift next time you go maybe a small quote book (obviously you wont know which books she has or doesnt but i dont think that matters), maybe a book with Islamic calligrpahy or a small duaa book or even a quran marker with the beautiful names of Allah. Giving gifts increases the love between people and moreso by giving a small-ish gift it doesnt come across as though youre trying to buy her friendship or being forceful, just a small sweet gesture :)
                  Sometimes actions say alot more than a million words-she clearly doesnt like speaking (as in futile talk) so maybe make salaams and go see her in her room when you visit and ofcourse, shes given her landline number so clearly she would be ok with you calling-call just to say salaams :) nothing wrong in that at all.
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

take it slow but don't pressure her, tbh some people just don't like company if it needn't be there.
                    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                    علي الحبشي

Comment

sometimes when engrossed in study like that, its hard for ppl to find time to have freinds and do the mundane stuff in life that freinds do ie: hang out, go shopping whatever. just making a call to say salam, can be difficult because u have nothing to talk about that ppl want to hear ie: i was reading such and such, i was sudying such and such a topic, and u might feel shy to call someone when u dont have much to say in the way of wordly stuff.

or u might feel shy as in - why would they want to hear from me. which doesnt mean that u dont love ppl, or dont want to see them, but freinds sometimes have conditions, you have to call them every week, or day, or whatever and if u dont then they might think u dont care or something. so anyway what im trying to say is, some freindships are not as ppl expect them to be, some ppl have high expectations of what it takes to maintain a freindship.

but it doesnt have to be that way, maybe you only see someone once a year, but u still consider them as very special ppl in your life. maybe this would be that kind of freindship, like zesty said take her a gift if u go over and say salam, but dont feel put out if she doesnt respond as u would like her to. everyone is different in the way they view freindship.
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimm View Post

Sister, please say MashaAllah.

Comment

Working...
                        X