Islam and Social Interactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islam and Social Interactions

Many of the situations described below maybe seen as trivual however it is best to seek out knowledge and to do as much as possible islamically (no ones perfects, but we can always try):

When you meet someone you know who's close one has passed away, what is the best way to address them:
    -now the most common way is to say something like "sorry for your loss" or "sorry to hear that". But I feel uncomfortable saying this. For example if you smacked someone, a few days later you would say to that person "sorry i smakced you" as in it caused by some form of guilt.
    -So would it not to be better to say something different.
    -What is you opinion.

You meet someone who is going to attempt to something important like an exam a long journey or something important to them.
    -normally you would say, "good luck to you". But i do not beleive in saying this as everything is pre-written by Allah therefore what has luck got to do with anything?
    -what would be the best thing to say.
    -what about something like "may allah guide you" or "may allah reward you for your efforts"?

please add your own situations...
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Re: Islam and Social Interactions

assalamu alaykum,

for the first one say inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon, and maybe say may Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala give you sabr? anf if you smacked someone, a few days later instead of saying 'sorry i smacked you' maybe ask for forgiveness?

regarding an exam, obviously there's no luck in islam so maybe say to them 'May Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala icrease you in your knowledge, insha Allah ta'aa'la it goes well' and for a long journey erm just tell them to pray the travelling dua init?
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Re: Islam and Social Interactions

:salams

For the firs tone, like the sister said, you can say inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon if you've just heard the news of the death. I'm not sure if you already know about the death then you meet the person's relatives, whether you should say inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon in this situation or not. But, whatever the case, you can always console them by saying things like "May Allah grant him Jannatul Firdous" or "Have sabr :insha:" because everyone has to go one day. Death is a reality.

For exam, you tell them to study, first of all. Then, I aslo liked↑ ":insha: It goes well" or you can say "May Allah make it easy for you" etc. You know, I don't think there's any set dua'a for it, you can make up your own.

Allah knows best.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X