"Oh THAT doesn't apply to people in today's society!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Oh THAT doesn't apply to people in today's society!"

So I hear a lot of people saying 'oh this and that doesn't apply to our society anymore, that is only applicable to the Prophet's (pbuh) time.' I, however, fail to comprehend this. I mean Allah clearly says that He perfected the religion of Islam; consequently Islam is a religion that should apply to ALL societies until the end of humanity. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a religion of only a particular period. So then why do people try to justify things in Islam by saying that they don't apply anymore? Are they totally wrong, or are there, in fact, certain things that are only applicable to the Prophet's (pbuh) time?

Sallam :)

Re: "Oh THAT doesn't apply to people in today's society!"

Originally posted by Bee5 View Post
    So I hear a lot of people saying 'oh this and that doesn't apply to our society anymore, that is only applicable to the Prophet's (pbuh) time.' I, however, fail to comprehend this. I mean Allah clearly says that He perfected the religion of Islam; consequently Islam is a religion that should apply to ALL societies until the end of humanity. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a religion of only a particular period. So then why do people try to justify things in Islam by saying that they don't apply anymore? Are they totally wrong, or are there, in fact, certain things that are only applicable to the Prophet's (pbuh) time?

Virtually everything applies in our time ...

We are commanded to follow the Nabi :saw: example ...

previous ayah's, revealations and the Law revealed by Allah ta'ala was Temporal for their time,

The Deen has indeed been Perfected and Completed ...

The Shariah revealed to Rasulullah :saw: will stand till the end of the world ...

you will typically find those who have Hypocrisy in their Hearts, claim that such and such a thing, does not apply in our time ...

the Quran itself refutes this false claim ...

:jkk:
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 16-04-11, 09:31 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

:salams

They're trying o justify their actions that go against the deen. That's all.
      It's unfortunate.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

give some examples of what people have said don't apply. There thinking could be off and most likely require educating with real life examples.

Comment

Originally posted by mememe701 View Post
          give some examples of what people have said don't apply. There thinking could be off and most likely require educating with real life examples.
          For example, the Prophet (Pbuh) also told us to follow the laws of the land, where we're in. If you were to follow Islam, as it was followed, back in the Prophet's time now. You'd be kicked out of your countries?

Also, all the laws of Islam is based on ancient Arabic traditions. Stoning women to death, cutting off the hands of thieves etc, etc, are all ancient Eastern laws and has no place in today's society. Or ruling on slavery and such.

Moreover, I've heard people saying even getting married to more than one woman doesn't apply anymore because no man is capable to treating women the way the Prophet (pbuh) did. And the reasons for which the Prophet had so many wives are not found in today's culture especially when women are so independent.

Comment

You can't follow any law that interferes with Islam.

As for cutting hands, they still do that today is KSA. So, it does have a place in todays' society...maybe, not is the west.

And, the conditions for polygamy is not that we treat our wives like Nabi :saw: but treat them equally and justly...this can be done today.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

For example, the Prophet (Pbuh) also told us to follow the laws of the land, where we're in. If you were to follow Islam, as it was followed, back in the Prophet's time now. You'd be kicked out of your countries?

Also, all the laws of Islam is based on ancient Arabic traditions. Stoning women to death, cutting off the hands of thieves etc, etc, are all ancient Eastern laws and has no place in today's society. Or ruling on slavery and such.

Moreover, I've heard people saying even getting married to more than one woman doesn't apply anymore because no man is capable to treating women the way the Prophet (pbuh) did. And the reasons for which the Prophet had so many wives are not found in today's culture especially when women are so independent.
              Stoning women to death?? What about the men...!! it takes two to commit adultery and they BOTH get that (if there are four reliable eye witnesses to the act itself, without that there's no conviction or punishment, so unless they're doing it in the middle of the high street, no-one gets punished, but the rule totaly makes sure that if people are going to sin like this they keep it private.... and anyone who makes unfounded accusations of adultery or similar against a woman gets 80 lashes) - when you see the result of open sin such as adultery in the west, and the acceptability of it for so many, you can see the benefit of forcing people to keep that kind of behaviour behind closed doors where there's no possibility of any witnesses. And the gossip mongers will keep their tongues under control so they don't get 80 lashes.

Cutting the hands off theives - only if there are no extenuating circumstances whatsoever, and if the victim of the theft was flashing his wealth around, that counts as an extenuating circumstance........ but consider this, rates of theft are way lower in Arab countries than the west. Even between East and West Jerusalem, the same city, the Israeli part (West Jerusalem) has the same rates of theft as any western country, the Palestinian part (East Jerusalem) has Arab rates of theft, i.e. way, way lower. Shopkeepers regularly leave their shops unwatched while they pray, too. I've seen it myself... and the Arab countries do this without amputating many hands, in fact it's very rare for that punishment to be carried out.... why? because people who believe that theives deserve to have their right hand cut off don't steal.

I have a co-wife and to be honest I think it increases my independence not decreases it because I do more of my own stuff without my husband. Like creative writing and inshaAllah starting a business in the future. Polygamy is very hard for men to get right, but it is possible in this day and age, just as it was in the past. it wasn't only Muhammad :saw: who did polygamy, and yes he was better than other men, that's why he was the only man who was allowed more than 4. lesser men are limited to just 4 wives. and IMO as a co-wife and seeing how hard it is for the husband, I'd only advise a man who was very rich with lots of free time to marry more than 2 wives.
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Theres a lot of misconceptions in your post... rajm is equally applied to men and women.

The laws of Islam are not based on ancient eastern law- whatever that is. The Shariah is based on revelation from Allah.

Are those people who say this Muslims? If they are then show them the ayat where Allah mentions the people who believe in one part of the book but reject another, and to enter into Islam whole heartedly. If they're not Muslim, then these topics are really a non-issue because no matter how much you try to rationalise it to them most likely they still will disagree because it goes against the ideas theyve been indoctrinated with. Thats why the real point of discussion should centre around the existence of God, His revelation and the Prophethood of Muhammad :saw:, once they accept that then everything else comes with it.

That would be a good argument if it was only the Prophet :saw: who had multiple wives or if those ayat in the Quran were specific to the Prophet... but that is not the case. The Prophet :saw:s companions had multiple wives, Muslims throughout history have had multiple wives. So the fact is that Allah has made it halal, and nothing anyone says can change that.
                http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
                HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Ml. Ashraf Ali Thanvi writes in Al-Intibahat al-Mufeedah:
                  “Arguing from the conditions prevailing in the modern world, one may still raise a doubt, and say that one daily observes that if one tries to follow the Shariah, one has to face many obstructions in conducting the ordinary business of life, which only shows that its injuctions are not suitable for this age. We would reply that the complaint about life becoming difficult can be justifiable only if all the people follow the Shariah, and yet the business of life should get obstructed. And this nobody can prove. The difficulties which one has to experience these days are due to the fact that those who do not follow the Shariah far outnumber those who do, and when this minority has to deal that majority, a tension is sure to follow. Thus the real source of difficulties is our present way of life, and not the injuctions of the Shariah. It is just like physician instructing a patient to eat ten different thing, and the patient not being able to get any of these in his village. The impediment, in this case, lies not in the science of medicine, but in the condition of the village market.”

Like this page on FB

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
                  Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Comment

this is the same Ali thanvi?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgvv5...eature=related

Comment

Back to the topic:

Anyone who says that the shariah is not applicable to himself , and takes himself out of the accountability of the shariah, has actually taken himself out of Islam.

As the principle of Ahlul Sunnah states:

Whoever believes that it is permitted for some people to be free of
                      (implementing) the Sharee’ah (revealed laws) of Muhammad (i.e. Islaam), just
                      as it was permitted for Al-Khidr to be free from the Sharee’ah of Moosaa, then
                      he is a disbeliever.

Comment

Originally posted by aBu_aGinEgp View Post
                        this is the same Ali thanvi?
                        yes
                        http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...l=1#post381148

Like this page on FB

Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Comment

Such people have Nifaq/Kufr in their hearts ...

Allah ta'ala describes such people as in Shirk in this Ayah,

Al-Quran, Chapter 25 Ayah 43
                          ------------------------------
                          "Have you seen him who takes his low desires for his god? Will you then be a protector over him?"

:jkk:
                          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

wait ... Muslims are saying this??

Comment

ALLAH (Azzawajall) also tells us... Inil Hukmu illa Lillah... The legislation is not for anyone except ALLAH.

and what about all the Ayat speaking about Rasoolullah :saw: being a good example and to follow him. In kuntum tuhibboonALLAH fattabiooni yuhbib kumullah.

How do you reconcile?
                              "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Working...
                              X