Pleasant Surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant Surprises

Once my room mate brought warmth to my heart, prayers to my lips and tears to my eyes when I woke up to get embarrassed by the sight of all my unclean clothes washed, ironed and properly placed. I couldn't wash them because of work and tiredness and got this surpirse just when I planned to wash them. He was behaving as if he didn't know who did it and refused to take credit, but I caught him on other occasions.

A sudden love letter to one's wife, a beautiful unexpected lovely (her favourite) gift for ami jaan, something she liked alot but couldn't find. Cleaning and organizing the computer/study room of baba jaan in his absence, the priceless expression on his face when he entered a different room to read newspaper....

What can be other options ? Any ideas ?

I read this hadith that when a person suddenly gives happiness to a fellow human, Allah (Swt) forgives all his sins. The closer that person is to us, the higher the reward...
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Pleasant Surprises

A mother waking in the morning about to make breakfast.. but finds that it has already been made and the house cleaned :).

I think if anyone deserves a 'sudden pleasant suprise' it's your mother.. and that you should try and do that for her often because she's a door to Jannah for you and also because of her duaa.
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Well said, JazakAllah khair for sharing. :)
      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Masha'Allah, a heartwarming thread.
        It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
        -Muslim

Comment

:salams

The only pleasant surprise I got recently was my class being cancelled!
          But, that's probably not what this thread is about. =/

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
          A mother waking in the morning about to make breakfast.. but finds that it has already been made and the house cleaned :).

I think if anyone deserves a 'sudden pleasant suprise' it's your mother.. and that you should try and do that for her often because she's a door to Jannah for you and also because of her duaa.
          Yeah, that's nice. Mothers need a break sometimes.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
          X