No announcement yet.

vanilla essence clarification........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: vanilla essence clarification........

yes it is. any food dat contains contains alcohol as an ingredient and anything dat is made from alcohol,is haraam
    vanilla extract is made from alcohol so it is Haram.

Comment

Brother- will all due respect (and im not going to start arguing about this because it can go on and on forever), you posted fatwas that you agree with and i could equally find you fatwas that argue my point of view.

Bottom line is, i follow the opinion that any little amount is haraam- whether that be 1% or 0.01% i try my utmost to stay away from it because its something that is spiritually relevant to me personally and whilst i do many wrongs- Alhamdullilah this is a strength of mine and i pray that from abstaining from anything at all that i have doubts about- i seek the closeness of my Allah.

The reason i said- "i follow the opinion" is because no doubt people will tell me i cant make what is halaal into haraam- by all means i accept that and therefore im giving the ruling i follow and others can follow whoever they deem fit. You mentioned tomato sauce + other sauces. Brother, what makes you think i dont check these things? :) for all you could no, i do.

Just to put things into perspective:
      I dont drink coke because i am of the opinion that it contains alcohol and is haraam, i gave it up months ago.
      I gave up prawns because i believe they are makru e tahrimi
      I dont eat chickens unless they have been slaughtered by muslims who own their own poultry farms (as opposed to abbatois)
      I have stopped eating Beef because the bolt method of slaughtering the animals is also makru e tahrimi
      I dont use ANY personal hygiene products which have glycerine in them because glycerine can be both animal or vegetable based. If i want to use a product-i call up the manufacturer and ask them what their ingredients are and whether it is animal or plant based.
      I check sauces for the same things + any e numbers and even stabilisers.

So yeh- Alhamdullilah it is something i am very concientious about and it is something people might think i am being extreme about. I dont find it extreme in the least- it consoles my heart to know i am taking all the measures i can to prevent myself consuming anything besides tayyib (pure) food/products and more than anything like i mentioned- it gives me spiritual upliftment. So if other people are ok with eating something that only has 0.1% alcohol in it then by all means they are welcome to do so but its not something i will not do inshaAllah.

Allah Ta'ala make it easy for all of us and grant us the concientiousness that Abu Mubarak had with regards to tayyib food and grant us children of the likes of Abdullah bin Mubarak through our endeavours to consume strictly halaal food. Ameen ya rabi.
      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Please provide me some scholars who say this about small amounts such as that found in coke etc being haram please...We follow the scholars, I'd like to know, because From what ive found, even the hanafee ulema agree on this point...I'm still to find one scholar to say , the hadeeth is used in its right context...in this situation. Im seriously asking please, provide me a reputable scholar.

Just to explain maybe a bit better:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u57oHT5akQ
        Last edited by aBu_aGinEgp; 11-04-11, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Point to Note 2: I'm not arguing, sorry if I'm coming across like this, I'm seriously just curious on which scholars are of the opinion and explain the hadeeth in this context.

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
            use a vanilla pod in your cooking/ baking instead :up:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ndali-Finest.../dp/B003UV75EU
            Vanilla pods are sooo expensive dude!
            (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

^^ you don't use much, its got lots of flavour!! so lasts quite a while :up:
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
                Salaam,

hope everyone is well

I wanted to know whether vanilla essense that contains alcohol as an ingredient is haraam,

if so, does this also affect vanilla ice cream, cakes etc/

JazakAllah Khair
                :wswrwb:

the one you get from tesco has alcohol in it. You can get vanilla essence without alcohol, I have one. You can also just use vanilla pod.
                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

You can also use vanilla sugar but for a stronger better flavour you can use vanilla paste which is better than essence, extract or anything else
                  "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
                  Al Hijr: 47

Comment

can anyone help with providing a scholar who says we cant have the one with the alcohol in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Asma-SE View Post
                      You can also use vanilla sugar but for a stronger better flavour you can use vanilla paste which is better than essence, extract or anything else
                      ooo never knew there was such thing as vanilla sugar & paste...interesting!
                      check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X