Work opportunities for Muslim women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work opportunities for Muslim women

seeing as the op was talking about the difficulties of getting a job wearing islamic dress it is unlikely she will be wearing make up or tight clothes

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
    End of the day .... the end does not justify the means.

All i'm saying is nowadays many women see a job as a neccesity when in reality its not for the majority of women. They come up with excuses like wanting to do a course, wanting a car etc in order to work. Yes there are a few who don't have a choice but even then, that is no justification for going to work with a face full of make up and wearing clothes which go against shariah. ie a shirt and trouser etc.

I think women should try and follow the best of women, ie the likes of Aysha RA, nusaybah bint ka'ab RA etc. Can you imagine them working in the places where many sisters work nowadays. For eg, in the bank!! Astaghfirullaha al-adheem. or as a cashier scanning pork, ham and alcohol.

Wallahu alam ... Wallahul musta'an

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Don't forget Prophet Muhammed's (SAW) wife Khadija (RA) was a successful business woman.
      [CENTER]*** :D ***[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]"No tiredness, illness, difficulty, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts a Muslim, even to a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping away his errors through it." [Recorded by Bukhari and Muslim, from Abu Sa'id and Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with them)] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]so smile, it a sunnah[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
        I want to learn how to make my own abayas actually

So all those covered sisters who are doing a fab job as doctors, gps, dentists, nurses, lawyers, accountants, social workers etc are failing to contribute to this "21st century" society ?
        i would love to learn, its simple just using a sowing machine to make it presentable is hard :| practice i guess
        ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
          i think with the amount of hijaabs i have in my own personal collection it would be enough to open a shop 200 :embar:
          O.o

i thought u folk only collected shoes? now its scarves too lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
            O.o

i thought u folk only collected shoes? now its scarves too lol?
            i dont do shoes, i love bags :inlove:
            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Oh, this is turning in to one of those threads, huh?

Anyways, I don't think Bro MWarrior was speaking in cases of dire necessity. Of course, best place for women is in the home. But, if she get's in a situation where she has to feed herself and her family with no one providing for them, then she may work outside.

As for those who still manage to become doctors, and teachers, without compromising their deen in the least, then :masha: May Allah reward them and keep them on the Straight Path.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                seeing as the op was talking about the difficulties of getting a job wearing islamic dress it is unlikely she will be wearing make up or tight clothes
                Thank you. :)
                Understanding is key. Look behind the words and see the meaning. Search for the person's values, biases, goals, desires; the unstated, the underlining, the unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                  i dont know where you all live, but in my area we have teachers, pharmacists, doctors, receptionists, office workers, shop assistants, child minders, speech therapists, classroom assistants, all in jilbab, we have jilbaabis everywhere, and it doesnt seem to be an issue. Also i know a sister who runs ebay/fb business and another one who collects unwanted things from peoples houses and sells it at car boot sales,

it seems that the area you are in is restricting you rather then your hijab
                  Couldnt agree with this more. Its much easier when you are not the only one and there are others, its hard being the only practicing muslim in college, in your course at uni, at an interview, in the highstreet etc etc. This is one of the reasons why i really want to move, inshaAllah.
                  Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimahadil View Post
                    For a Muslim woman who covers herself utterly, what are the chances of her finding a job or dare I say, career, without compromising her religion?

I'd say next to zero, and I'm hopeless.
                    Why do you want to work when you can stay at home and make tarkari and roti, mmmmm, now I'm hungry.:(

Comment

Es selaam,

we have a some professional jobs available:

* DENTAL NURSE
                      * DENTAL PRACTICE MANAGER
                      * DENTAL PRACTICE ADMINISTRATOR

Unique Dental Care, a family friendly dental practice in South East London, is expanding. Vacancies (PT/FT) are available.
                      Qualified people are requested to apply. The minimal requirement for candidate dental nurses is that they are enlisted in a training course.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS
                      * Nurse applicants must be GDC registered (graduated or in training)
                      * All applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the practice.

OFFERED
                      * Good career prospects
                      * If suitable, long term employment
                      * Additional training (CPR, costumer's care, ...)
                      * Pay according to years of experience, additional training followed and loyalty
                      * Friendly and supportive environment

REQUIRED
                      * On occasion willing to work as a receptionist after on-site training
                      * Must be registered with GDC (*** Being enlisted in dental nurse course will do ***)
                      * Very good knowledge of English. Additional languages is a plus.
                      * Patient-friendly, team player and flexible attitude
                      * Willing to gain experience and acquire knowledge

More information: http://uniquedentalcare.co.uk/vacancies.htm

Send covering letter + CV + (if available) 2 references written by previous employers to:
                      Dr. Vahida Hashemi, [email protected]

Mail:
                      Dr Vahida Hashemi - Principal -
                      Unique Dental Care
                      409 Norwood Road
                      West Norwood
                      London SE27 9BU

Applications can be faxed as well: 020 8761 6103

Comment

i think there a lot more work opportunities for muslim women now, some that i have seen are:

teaching
                        working from home/doing own buisness
                        alima
                        islamic school
                        counselling for women
                        alternative medicine for female patients
                        midwifery
                        nursery nurse

also it would depend on your interests aswell, i mean like i could never see myself as a buisness woman lol, i know thats just not me but whatever your interests are and then take it from there

also as someone said, it depends on where you live aswell . i think thats so true.

and for the comments about women staying home, yes true its preferred but also i've read that as muslims, for both men and women we should have ambitions and if someone has a talent for something then they should strive to achieve in that and be ambitious as long as they dont neglect their religious obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah10 View Post
                          i think there a lot more work opportunities for muslim women now, some that i have seen are:

teaching
                          working from home/doing own buisness
                          alima
                          islamic school
                          counselling for women
                          alternative medicine for female patients
                          midwifery
                          nursery nurse

also it would depend on your interests aswell, i mean like i could never see myself as a buisness woman lol, i know thats just not me but whatever your interests are and then take it from there

also as someone said, it depends on where you live aswell . i think thats so true.

and for the comments about women staying home, yes true its preferred but also i've read that as muslims, for both men and women we should have ambitions and if someone has a talent for something then they should strive to achieve in that and be ambitious as long as they dont neglect their religious obligations.

i would love to work in the masjid :scratch: but i know from experience it can literally take over your life

Comment

^ i would love to work in a masjid aswell :) but how can it take over your life?

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah10 View Post
                              ^ i would love to work in a masjid aswell :) but how can it take over your life?
                              they literally expect u to put a lot of time into the masjid,, working out of working hours etc...

the brother who i took my shahadah with and also he was my wali, he works for the masjid and he tells me these things...

i think voluntarily helping is different as u can do whats necessary and turn away from what u dont wanna do as ur not being paid for it but when its ur job its a lot different

ive helped at the masjid quite a few times and it can get very very tiring

but the whole idea of being in a masjid is lovely, though :D

Comment

i think it depends on what area you live in for example in central london its not unusual to see a sister in hijab/jilbab working in retail/hospitals/law firms etc etc

Comment

Working...
                                X