Work opportunities for Muslim women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work opportunities for Muslim women

There's a sister on this forum who's writing a book. It's doable.

But, if you're not in to writing, then it may not be for you.

Islamic school.
    Muslim owned business (surely, there are many of those).
    Teach children at home.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I really think you should use whatever program there is to be an entrepreneur. Im going to do the jump it's scary but so exciting. At least if you sink, you'll sink on your own terms ( i love this quote).

But because we're awesome won't happen inchallah
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
        my own hijaab/abaya shop :inlove:
        I want to learn how to make my own abayas actually

Originally posted by lunar View Post
        Wake up Sister and smell the coffee...this is UK and the 21st century; there is no place for the hijab
        So all those covered sisters who are doing a fab job as doctors, gps, dentists, nurses, lawyers, accountants, social workers etc are failing to contribute to this "21st century" society ?
        Patience...

Comment

Patience...

Comment

If you have half decent idea you can start your own business.

You do need capital, but initially you can run things from your bedroom. You can start operations at a small scale and grow organically.

Have you read about ebay millionnaires. Started their businesses on ebay from their bedroom and became millionnaires doing so. Don't need tens of thousands of capital for that. Just need a half decent idea and military work ethic.

Comment

Depends, if you have contacts you can have investors, or just borrow a little to sell some products and get started, no need of ten grands
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

in addition to what mundo said, you've to set realistic goals, sister- make yourself aware of possible risk factors involved and/or do independent reasearch [i.e. if you are thinking of a long term venture]

also, you don't make profits right away- it can take as much as 3 years to just breakeven. setting up your own business requires immense amounts of commitment, and patience
                once your business is established, your time is yours, you can work as you please, etc.
                Last edited by .Hajar.; 01-09-11, 04:37 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Starting a business is by no means easy. But, people have done it.
                  Don't expect to make a profit on your first day, unless you're selling lemonade. It happens gradually.

As for capital, it doesn't have to be a lot. You can take a loan from a family member, as well.

There are many sisters who've started hijab online stores, if I remember correctly.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimahadil View Post
                    This is capitalism and I need to work to survive, it's as simple as that.

As well, not all of us like being totally dependent on our husbands. Marriage is a risk. We don't know the future. You get divorced, and you're screwed - back to depending on mom and dad. Well, where's the human being in this woman if she lives as a parasite? Is she supposed to depend on either her husband or her mom and dad for all her life?

Personally, my family has always been financially tight and neither of them were able to provide for my needs other than food. I work, and now I spend almost entire paychecks on educational books for my own purposes, many of them are about Islam. If you want to marginalize me and discard me as one of those silly stupid foolish women, be my guest. I find that sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices in order to get to where your true destination is. I'm saving up for a car. I'll be able to come and go as I please. This includes helping my underage convert friends out financially as well as for transportation whenever they need, and for my own positive purposes. I'm saving up to leave my country for deeper studies, such as bayyinah which is about 7,000 dollars. If I didn't work, I'd never ever be able to do this. I'm working, making money, and making good use out of it.

So, please, give me a break.
                    End of the day .... the end does not justify the means.

All i'm saying is nowadays many women see a job as a neccesity when in reality its not for the majority of women. They come up with excuses like wanting to do a course, wanting a car etc in order to work. Yes there are a few who don't have a choice but even then, that is no justification for going to work with a face full of make up and wearing clothes which go against shariah. ie a shirt and trouser etc.

I think women should try and follow the best of women, ie the likes of Aysha RA, nusaybah bint ka'ab RA etc. Can you imagine them working in the places where many sisters work nowadays. For eg, in the bank!! Astaghfirullaha al-adheem. or as a cashier scanning pork, ham and alcohol.

Wallahu alam ... Wallahul musta'an

Comment

Times have changed. What's wrong with a woman wanting to work, when she is capable of staying within the shariah? It's not like we don't want to follow the likes of those pure women may Allah be pleased with all. But necessity pushes one to those kind of circumstances. And besides, it's not like ALL women didn't work during those days. Make excuses for them, Allah knows better what's in their hearts.. maybe one of those cashiers who scan pork, ham etc hate doing it more than you, but have no choice because they need to work. Please just don't jump to conclusions.
                      الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
                        So all those covered sisters who are doing a fab job as doctors, gps, dentists, nurses, lawyers, accountants, social workers etc are failing to contribute to this "21st century" society ?
                        Thank you! We're all muslims first, and professionals second.

Comment

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
                          Times have changed. What's wrong with a woman wanting to work, when she is capable of staying within the shariah? It's not like we don't want to follow the likes of those pure women may Allah be pleased with all. But necessity pushes one to those kind of circumstances. And besides, it's not like ALL women didn't work during those days. Make excuses for them, Allah knows better what's in their hearts.. maybe one of those cashiers who scan pork, ham etc hate doing it more than you, but have no choice because they need to work. Please just don't jump to conclusions.
                          Sister- Times have changed but the deen doesnt. We are not like the jews and the xtians who alter their beliefs as the years go by.

Islam began as something strange and it will end as something strange.

Don't let shaytan trick you into thinking a job is a must simply because you want that nice car or whatever.

Truth is, majority do not stick within the boundaries of shariah. I mean, how many sisters dress up in shirt and trousers to go work? Countless ... And as we know, that is haraam.

Wallahul musta'an

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                            Sister- Times have changed but the deen doesnt. We are not like the jews and the xtians who alter their beliefs as the years go by.

Islam began as something strange and it will end as something strange.

Don't let shaytan trick you into thinking a job is a must simply because you want that nice car or whatever.

Truth is, majority do not stick within the boundaries of shariah. I mean, how many sisters dress up in shirt and trousers to go work? Countless ... And as we know, that is haraam.

Wallahul musta'an
                            I really doubt that a muslimah who gets herself into those kind of situations because of necessity would go into it for a nice car. If so, then that's just sad. True, of course the deen hasn't changed, alhamdulilah, but Allah is Most Merciful. Life isn't easy, Allahu almusta'an.

Comment

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
                              I really doubt that a muslimah who gets herself into those kind of situations because of necessity would go into it for a nice car.
                              Indeed, i can't drive

Comment

i dont know where you all live, but in my area we have teachers, pharmacists, doctors, receptionists, office workers, shop assistants, child minders, speech therapists, classroom assistants, all in jilbab, we have jilbaabis everywhere, and it doesnt seem to be an issue. Also i know a sister who runs ebay/fb business and another one who collects unwanted things from peoples houses and sells it at car boot sales,

it seems that the area you are in is restricting you rather then your hijab

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                                (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Working...
                                X