Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work opportunities for Muslim women

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    It shouldn't resemble men's clothing or that of the non-Muslims.
    :jkk: for correcting.

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
    lol i didnt think you was on about me anyway i just said this as im in the same situation...

well yeah it can be tough.. as some women are like half naked and ask me why im covering myself so much...

and i work with my mum so its awkward when new people start and my mum tells people im her daughter as they dont quite know what to say or think
    Does your mum dress differently to you?

Also, do you think you get treated fairly.

Comment

if the women work then who's going to make the roti's and gajjar halwa?

Comment

Originally posted by mundo View Post
        :jkk: for correcting.

Does your mum dress differently to you?

Also, do you think you get treated fairly.
        my mum isnt muslim. :) and at the start i didnt get treated fairly... by the managers but now they are ok with me more the other workers they think im a joke
        ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

Comment

become your own boss, innit.

easier said than done but find something you're passionate about, something you can do, services you can offer.
          'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
          Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
          علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
            become your own boss, innit.

easier said than done but find something you're passionate about, something you can do, services you can offer.
            my own hijaab/abaya shop :inlove:
            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

Comment

my own hijaab/abaya shop :inlove:
              there you go :) ... that's entrepreneurial spirit right there.
              if you want it bad enough, you'll work for it.
              علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimahadil View Post
                For a Muslim woman who covers herself utterly, what are the chances of her finding a job or dare I say, career, without compromising her religion?

I'd say next to zero, and I'm hopeless.
                Wake up Sister and smell the coffee...this is UK and the 21st century; there is no place for the hijab

Comment

there you go :) ... that's entrepreneurial spirit right there.
                  if you want it bad enough, you'll work for it.
                  i think with the amount of hijaabs i have in my own personal collection it would be enough to open a shop 200 :embar:

Comment

Originally posted by lunar View Post
                    Wake up Sister and smell the coffee...this is UK and the 21st century; there is no place for the hijab
                    lool, thats what peoples mentality is, but u gota stand up for ur own rights :)

Comment

Originally posted by lunar View Post

sorry, you're new.
                      I think it's a great time to be a hijabi, alhamdullilah.
                      Last edited by Sirius; 31-08-11, 11:43 PM.
                      علي الحبشي

Comment

i think with the amount of hijaabs i have in my own personal collection it would be enough to open a shop 200 :embar:
                        I know exactly what you mean :)
                        علي الحبشي

Comment

I know exactly what you mean :)
                          i got an addiction i admit it :up:

Comment

i got an addiction i admit it :up:
                            I could think of worse things to be addicted to than hijaabs I guess. It's all good !
                            علي الحبشي

Comment

I could think of worse things to be addicted to than hijaabs I guess. It's all good !
                              like ummah

Comment

i saw your post in the other thread, am the one who said 'publish a book'

sorry, i didn;t know my reply would upset you so much, i was under the impression that your Q was generic

what may seem unrealistic to you, sister, may appeal to the other
                                [anyway, those who're interested in writing and having their works published at no to little cost, do check out this site]

Originally posted by Muslimahadil View Post
                                For a Muslim woman who covers herself utterly, what are the chances of her finding a job or dare I say, career, without compromising her religion?

I'd say next to zero, and I'm hopeless.
                                if i were to answer your Q again, i'd say: chances are limited as most jobs involve some level of haram and/or free-mixing but if you look in the right direction, you'll [hopefully] find something that interests you

the options: teaching, nursing, online entrepreneurship, social services, female health/fitness centers, content writer, accounting and bookkeeping, i can only think of these right now
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X