Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you were told that you only had a few weeks to live?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do if you were told that you only had a few weeks to live?

:wswrwb:

SubhunAllah !!! This is so true, and I was living like this for a few weeks and then later on I got distracted and did not bother to try anymore, astagfirullah. But I know that I should start thinking how I used to, I am praying my last prayer, I need to please Allah azawajal and do the best prayer that I can, because I don't know when Allah azawajal has decided for me to leave this earth ...

I don't know what to do though for all the sisters I see who do not pray, and what I hear .... man, it is so far from Islam, so many sisters i know are not serious about this, they are not aware, they do not fear Allah azawajal .. and they go on with this life like it doesn't mean anything! I make du'a for them, but I wish I knew how to help them. I do my best, I have told a few sisters so far if they would like to come and pray with me, but I usually get 'maybe' ... or ' i don't have my wudhoo' ...

If only Allah azawajal gave us the date of our death and the time, surely then would be living to please Allah azawajal even more than some of us are now. InshaAllah we all can remember this and try our hardest to know that at the end of the day, we have done the best that we can to please Allah azawajal.

I heard a hadith (I think it is hadith) that when we sleep , Allah azawajal takes our souls away and then whether we wake up alive or not is up to Allah azawajal ... and then we wake up the first thing our lips should be la illaha illallah muhamadoor rasullullah. But please check if i have this right, I am not sure.

I pray we will be able to see the face of Allah azawajal one day In Jannah, Ameen.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Re: Reply

I would go to Saudi Arabia and pray loads etc.

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
        :[COLOR=purple]
        I don't know what to do though for all the sisters I see who do not pray, and what I hear .... man, it is so far from Islam, so many sisters i know are not serious about this, they are not aware, they do not fear Allah azawajal .. and they go on with this life like it doesn't mean anything! I make du'a for them, but I wish I knew how to help them. I do my best, I have told a few sisters so far if they would like to come and pray with me, but I usually get 'maybe' ... or ' i don't have my wudhoo' ...

I pray we will be able to see the face of Allah azawajal one day In Jannah, Ameen.
        :masha:
        May Allah reward you for your concerns for yor sisters in deen.

Ameen to the dua.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

“Whosoever dies without participating in an expedition (Jihad) nor having the intention to do so, dies on a branch of hypocrisy.” (Sahih Muslim)

Comment

:wswrwb:

سبحان الله. إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون.

Sister Shan e Aisha's passing away reminded me of this thread.

The thought of being here one minute, and then gone the next is very scary, yet ultimately inevitable.

May Allah bless us all with righteous endings. آمين يا رب العالمين
            اظهروا حبكم للنبي عليه السلام بإتباع سنته وليس بالاحتفال بمولده

Comment

death.

the ending of all worldly pleasure.

when you think of it, it makes anything anyone that had ever said or done to you seem insignificant.
              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
              X