Acne has ruined my life.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne has ruined my life.

I'm 20 years old, female, and have been suffering with acne for over 5 years now. I've tried, pills, proactive, lotions and potions! You name it I've tried it. Seemingly it's an internal problem causing the acne, not my skin itself. But even doctors have given up at this point. I've constantly had people ask me 'What's wrong with your face? Why do you have so much pimples?' So much that, once I was putting lotion on my hands, and someone said to me 'before you worry about the skin on your hands, worry about the skin on your face'. It's horrible, I've gone into depression, and am mentally exhausted of hearing such comments over the years.

I exercise a lot, and eat healthy. I've even given up dairy (after doing some research about hormonal connections in dairy that cause acne) in hopes of getting rid of the acne. But there has been NO cure. I can only seek help from Allah at this point. Is there any specific dua/prayer I should do to help cure this? It's ruining my life!

Re: Acne has ruined my life.

do u eat hot foods? ... like eggs , cashews , peanuts ? .... they cause acne also. My bro also had acne for like 5 years i think but now its all gone.

Comment

SubhanAllah, know that sister the pimples on your face has nothing to do with you so i dont get why people ask such dumb questions, its the qadr of Allah (swt) and its a test from him, hard as it must sound but please be patient inshaAllah, 5 yrs is a long time subhanAllah i know but inshaAllah your rewards will wait for you in jannah.

My brother suffers well had suffered from the same problem, his one was since he was in school till 21-22, so it was a long time and he still is not happy with how "un-clean" his skin looks.

Have you tired accutane from your dermo? Doctors i.e. gp are useless, its the dermo you have to go to. Accutance cleared atleast 75% of my brothers acne which mashaAllah he looks way better then before, even though sometimes he seems unhappy but alhumdulilah he remains patient. He also tried so many pills from our local gp which did nothing for him, also did the same as you (exercise, cut out junk)

InshaAllah try accutane if you havent already done so.

Pray tahajjud salaat inshaAllah and beg Allah (swt) to clear your skin and to forgive you your sins, ask him to give you rewards for your patience inshaAllah
      Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
        do u eat hot foods? ... like eggs , cashews , peanuts ? .... they cause acne also. My bro also had acne for like 5 years i think but now its all gone.
        I dont think its much to do with food but agree cutting it out would help, its the excess oil in her face that creates the pimples, sadly you cant really do anything apart from wait it out with constant dua'a or take a strong medication like accutane which helps reduce the excess oil.

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibadah View Post
          I dont think its much to do with food but agree cutting it out would help, its the excess oil in her face that creates the pimples, sadly you cant really do anything apart from wait it out with constant dua'a or take a strong medication like accutane which helps reduce the excess oil.
          these foods really do play alot of role in it. Im speaking from a homeopathic point of view in which they believe 'u are what u eat'

foods like eggs , peanuts , cashews , honey are classified as hot foods which make u feel hot after u eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
            these foods really do play alot of role in it. Im speaking from a homeopathic point of view in which they believe 'u are what u eat'

foods like eggs , peanuts , cashews , honey are classified as hot foods which make u feel hot after u eat them.
            There was a study that said, food is the biggest myth out there which people believe contributes to acne, bro had a really good dermo and not once was he asked about what he ate. You are what you eat depends on how frequent you eat it, and its mostly aimed at obese/fat people.

But i do agree cutting it out and having a good diet would help but it wouldnt get rid of your acne, which my bro already experienced.

Comment

see a good dermatologist if you haven't already. Also, have you been tested for polycystic ovaries? It's a hormonal condition and severe acne that doesn't clear up with conventional acne treatments is a symptom of it.
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I's ruined your life? It's ruined mines aswell I popped all my spots and found a way of making my spots go overnight but I still have red marks all over my face and they will never go. When I shave you can barely see the marks but every other day when I wash my face in the morning they stick out like sore thumbs on my face. I get it from everyone "What happened to your face?".

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that sis, acne is a pain. Mine started from age 10 to age 18. I tried everything and then i couldnt be bothered anymore so i stopped taking and stopped applying stuff to my face. i waited it out and prayed and SubhanAllah my acne disappeared. Doctor wanted me to try the pill but i said no thankyou.

When you go out in the sun make sure your face doesnt get too much exposure, i increased my intake of fruit and veg and drank alot of water. oh and when i was younger my friend told me to use witch hazel, i stopped using it after a while but she carried on and it helped her scars fade completely.
                  Last edited by mujhadia; 02-04-11, 07:54 PM.
                  glass half empty

Comment

Sorry to hear about your acne sis. One thing you could try is reciting some ayat of the qur'an over some oil or whatever cream you use and then put the oil on your face. The qur'an is a healing and mercy for mankind, and if you recite with the correct intention, inshaAllah you will see the effects. Also wake up for tahajjud prayer if you do not do so already and make dua for Allah Ta'ala to heal you.

May Allah Ta'ala cure you of your acne, ameen.
                    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

I hope you could recover from that -InsyAllah-
                      My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
                        see a good dermatologist if you haven't already. Also, have you been tested for polycystic ovaries? It's a hormonal condition and severe acne that doesn't clear up with conventional acne treatments is a symptom of it.
                        I've been to a dermatologist. And I've been on accutane, but left it immediately because my body reacted badly to it. Doctor also suggested the pill, but didn't want to go on that. Yup, been checked for polycystic ovaries.. Got an ultrasound done for that as well.

Comment

Just wait it out sis. Trying drinking honey in boiled water. There is cure in honey. Give sadaqah too. Thing is when we make du3a we should not be hasty in seeing results. I had a friend who had really really severe acne. It didn't ruin his life. Everyone loved this guy because he was a good person. I'm sure you are too! It went away for him after 6 years. No treatment had any effect before that. So hang in there. Nasty people make nasty remarks. You should just say "Thanks, pray for me".

Comment

Nope I do not eat any hot foods. My diet is almost 100% raw, and I don't even remember the last time i had nuts or eggs. As for my skin having excess oil, AGAIN, my skin isn't the problem. In fact my skin is very dry. It's something internal that no one has been able to figure out.

I do, however, wake up for tahhajud. It's not regular but I pray it more often than not. I guess I havn't GENUINELY made dua for my acne. InshaAllah I will work on that.

Thank you for all the suggestions, and prayers.
                            May Allah heal my scarred face :(

EDIT: I think it's easier for guys to get away with acne. For example, I get comments like 'Oh when people come over for a marriage propsal what will they say upon seeing your face!?" Like...what the heck..? Whereas I don't think guys have to deal with that as much. Sigh.
                            Last edited by Bee5; 02-04-11, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee5 View Post
                              I've been to a dermatologist. And I've been on accutane, but left it immediately because my body reacted badly to it. Doctor also suggested the pill, but didn't want to go on that. Yup, been checked for polycystic ovaries.. Got an ultrasound done for that as well.
                              with accutane there is a list of side effects that are common with it and before you started your dermatologist should have spoken to you about them, sometimes you have to suffer a bit to get well and this is the most clinical proven drug out there to combact your acne

Comment

Working...
                              X