Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chapped lips

I drink a lot of water and it helps.

My problem was I never used to cover my face in morning so the cold wind would get my lips. I hate vaseline from the core of my heart. I would rather put some lip gloss on and sleep. I have actually and by the morning they were fine lol
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

ufff i really hated it when i had it. although i like cold weather, but it gives me load of problems, skin-related problems mostly.

Comment

tried everything in the universe and nothing works

they're even bad in summer

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post

Works for me, works for you!
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post

same here but im gonna try out the advice, Insha'Allah one or two will work.
            glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by shan e Aisha View Post
              sister, apply a small amount of Coconut Oil on lips, several times per day. Its a natural remedy and insha'Allah you wont face any trouble.

and dont forget lips in during facial exfoliation to remove the dried/dead skin away.
              i do that like twice aday, and within hours it builds up. i think the vaseline is causing that but i'll give coconut oil a go Insha'Allah.
              glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by mujhadia View Post
                i do that like twice aday, and within hours it builds up. i think the vaseline is causing that but i'll give coconut oil a go Insha'Allah.
                Ooh, its severe then, i think because of not a 'good apply'.you know even now Drz don't prescribes vaseline, you can google its worst effects.
                I dont like it personaly for its sticky/thicky nature and taste lol, Pure Coconut Oil is edible also, smells excellent. and very lite oil to apply, do on regular basis like medications and it will work insha'Allah. :)
                ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

Originally posted by shan e Aisha View Post
                  Ooh, its severe then, i think because of not a 'good apply'.you know even now Drz don't prescribes vaseline, you can google its worst effects.
                  I dont like it personaly for its sticky/thicky nature and taste lol, Pure Coconut Oil is edible also, smells excellent. and very lite oil to apply, do on regular basis like medications and it will work insha'Allah. :)
                  :up:
                  glass half empty

Comment

stop using vaseline, its better for you feet instead of lips. save yourself from further 'damage'. i had periods with terrible chapped lips and carmex did the job. if you find it hard to purchase in your local stores, copy me, bought it of oversea sellers of ebay

or if that wasnt the problem, you need to force yourself drink more waters. at least 11 glass per day.

Comment

وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Oooops Ive just been remindended that Body Shop might be on the Boycott List....im not sure, as I dont shop here, can someone clarify?

Maybe Boots do one as well...
                        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by wannest View Post
                          stop using vaseline, its better for you feet instead of lips. save yourself from further 'damage'. i had periods with terrible chapped lips and carmex did the job. if you find it hard to purchase in your local stores, copy me, bought it of oversea sellers of ebay

or if that wasnt the problem, you need to force yourself drink more waters. at least 11 glass per day.

as if, lol. cant drink that much, i drink about a litre a day. plus cant have lots of fluids or i gain water weight, heart condition.

the thing is whenever i run out of vaseline i use carmex but i have noticed that it has the same not so good results as vaseline.
                          glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                            Oooops Ive just been remindended that Body Shop might be on the Boycott List....im not sure, as I dont shop here, can someone clarify?

Maybe Boots do one as well...
                            JazakAllah Khair sis :love:. I was surfing the net and read that vitamin E chapsticks do wonders for dry lips but they were all rip off. So will defo try boots, they probably do an own brand version.
                            Last edited by mujhadia; 30-03-11, 06:29 PM.
                            glass half empty

Comment

Can't be bothered making new thread so bumping this one :P

winter hasnt even arrived yet and i am already suffering from DRY CUTICLES :(

whats even worse is that i cant stop myself from peeling them off, it hurts after, but hang nails irritates me so much that i have been obsessed with cuticle nipper lately :/

Used to use scholl's dry cuticle repair cream, which do do pretty good job instantly but ones its washed off, its back to dryness

:help: pls. tried and tested method/products preferably.

ps: tried different oils, but they dont work well for me.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                              O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X