Chapped lips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapped lips

I suffer from dry/cracked lips year round and am constantly putting on vaseline every 5 mins. i'm fed up of it, does anyone know of something that actually works.

If i dont use anything on my lips they will be totally messed up in a matter of hours, yes its that bad. i remember them going black once!

the doctor gave me something similar to vaseline so that didnt help and it started when i was 8.
    glass half empty

Re: Chapped lips

Try steaming the face :insha: that will soften your lips. After that use natural products like ghee or any lush lip balm. Always keep your lips moisten.

Don't use vaseline it is PETROLEUM JELLY.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Drink plenty of water and use something like almond oil or honey diluted with water on your lips instead of vaseline which is horrible.
      You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

I use cocoa butter with vitamin e. It's not a product for the lips but I love iT so use it a lot

It works Alhumd. Drink plenty and perhaps dry brush?
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

For a quick fix, dampen your lips, apply loooads of vaseline, literally cake it on, leave for 15-20 mins, then take a wet flannel and rub it off gently :up:

For longterm benefit, use an oil, like eb says, everynight before bed, really work it into your lips using fingers and reapply as often as needed :up: cocoa butter is also good @ jen :up:

diet wise, make sure you are hydrated, drink loads of water, eat foods containing beneficial oils ie: nuts/ fish etc. If need be you can take a supplement like evening primrose oil capsules (you can even crack these open and apply to skin directly) :up:
          What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
          Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
          Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
          but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
          but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
          We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
          freedom from slavery to other than the One,
          Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
          and a horizon that extends to the next life,
          Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

JazakAllah Khair :)

I'm gonna try the tips out over a couple of days and see which one works best for me.

Much appreciated :up:
            glass half empty

Comment

CARMEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think that's what its called, it works wonders!
              http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                That is good stuff, I also like burt's beeswax

Keeping hydrated also works, I saw someone mention putting honey on your lips, then the vaseline, leave on for a few minutes, then wipe off.

Also, some say diet is key, like giving up dairy etc because it may be due to food allergies

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                  I use cocoa butter with vitamin e. It's not a product for the lips but I love iT
                  You can now get Palmers Cocoa Butter Chapstick.
                  Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: (Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                    that doesnt work for me sis. it has the same effect as vaseline :(
                    glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                      You can now get Palmers Cocoa Butter Chapstick.
                      defo gonna try that :).
                      glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post
                        That is good stuff, I also like burt's beeswax

Keeping hydrated also works, I saw someone mention putting honey on your lips, then the vaseline, leave on for a few minutes, then wipe off.

Also, some say diet is key, like giving up dairy etc because it may be due to food allergies
                        weird, i only have milk in tea. non other that i know of, i think i may have a vitamin deficiency. doctors hardly check anyway.
                        glass half empty

Comment

I use the palmer stuff. But mine comes from the states as opposed to the stuff you can buy in the UK.

It's much muvh better.

Also have you considered taking supplements of any sort sis, I'm taking something but at this hour can't recall what it is. Will check tom if you want. It'd for healthy skin etc snd surprisingly works
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                            I use the palmer stuff. But mine comes from the states as opposed to the stuff you can buy in the UK.

It's much muvh better.

Also have you considered taking supplements of any sort sis, I'm taking something but at this hour can't recall what it is. Will check tom if you want. It'd for healthy skin etc snd surprisingly works
                            no and i know i need to aswell, they are huge though! Insha'Allah tomorrow :).
                            glass half empty

Comment

sister, apply a small amount of Coconut Oil on lips, several times per day. Its a natural remedy and insha'Allah you wont face any trouble.

and dont forget lips in during facial exfoliation to remove the dried/dead skin away.
                              ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X