marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage?

I am moving to another state that doesn't have masjids around anywhere. Let's say that I meet a women that I would like to get married too. How do I marry them? How long is the process? Is it possible to get married officially in Islam without putting it on paperwork?

What paperwork are u talking about?? The zawaj is in the name of allah, u dont need any paper work. Just find some brothers to be ur witness and have someone make a small nikkah in ur home.

I didnt sign anything, nor did i do anything for the state. Thats the western way, not us.

Comment

Re: marriage?

:salams

How do I marry them?
      Don't directly approach her.

If you're genuinely interested in marrying someone, then get someone else to ask her if she'd like to marry you. Say, for example, you know a Muslim brother in your area, you should tell him that you are interested in so-and-so and then he can get his wife/sister/mother to get your message across to the sister.

Or another way is to approach the sister's father or brother. You can directly go talk to them and tell them you are interested in marrying their daughter.

How long is the process?
      Depends on each person.
      It should be few months, though, if not less.

The Sunnah is to get married as soon as possible after the marriage has been fixed. So, aim for that.

Is it possible to get married officially in Islam without putting it on paperwork?
      Yes, it's possible, but you should look to have it registered, because it might cause problems if you don't. I mean, legal problems, not religious problems.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
      X