Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a song is stuck in your head...

Assalamu Alleikum Dear Muslims!

I am probably alone in this, but sometimes I get songs stuck in my head. I used to listen to music a lot before I learned it is a great sin. I am now trying really hard to avoid music (which is not completely doable, as I live in a non-Muslim society), but sometimes it just sticks to my head and I am not sure how to deal with it. This stresses me out, irritates me and I get angry and annoyed. So brothers and sisters, if this happens or would have happened to you, how would/do you deal with it?

May Allah bless you all :)
    Last edited by Imashka; 22-03-11, 11:39 PM.

Re: When a song is stuck in your head...

:wswrwb:

Listen to Quran to counter that evil stuff.
    Good cancels out evil! :up:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Sis, this a sign shaitan is messing with you. I hate songs, and I get a similar problem of where even if I hear it for a minute, it will constantly pop up in my head. The best thing to do, is to say "a'uudhu billahi-min-ash-shaytaanir rajeem" ("I seek refuge with Allah from Satan the accursed) - Also, listening or even reciting Qur'an will get the filth out of your head.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I also have similar problem. we need to sort this problem out before death reaches us. last thing we want is to have some stupid songs lyrics as our last words before death.
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

One scholar said that music is Quran of shaytan, which means that the way Quran brings your heart towards purity, music does the opposite. I sometimes even doubt that shaytan hums this a particular song in the head again and again (It is my personal opinion). This is why I try to stay away form music completely, because even if I listen to a classic song, I soon find myself humming this song, while I should be indulged in dhikr of Allah.

In order to counter evil, you have to fight it. And, the way to fight a song that doesn't leave your mind is to occupy your mind wiht dhikr of Allah. Whenver you think of this song, tell yourself that you are going to recite one sura of Quran. Soon it will go.
          [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

great sin?

Comment

:wswrwb:

May Allah guide us to the straight path. ameeen

Comment

Great sin as in big sin.

I try to say God's name many times or say a du'a. I can't exactly listen to Qu'ran when I'm at school in class for instance.
                But thank you all for your replies! And yes may Allah lead us to the straight path and curse Shaytan.
                Last edited by Imashka; 23-03-11, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imashka View Post
                  Great sin as in big sin.

I try to say God's name many times or say a du'a. I can't exactly listen to Qu'ran when I'm at school in class for instance.
                  But thank you all for your replies! And yes may Allah lead us to the straight path and curse Shaytan.
                  listening to music is a great/big sin?. i think you need to learn Islam properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                    great sin?
                    It is not one of the biggest sins, like those of lying, adultery, murder, backbiting etc. But it is haraam. It is kind of addiction and make you waste your time which you could use for better purposes, such as dhikr.
                    [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                      listening to music is a great/big sin?. i think you need to learn Islam properly.
                      Read this if you doubt my words:
                      http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/5000/music

Comment

I usually open itunes and listen to Zain Bikha's nasheeds for a couple of hours and then the songs gone :) but I'm not sure weather Zain Bikha's nasheeds are harram or not because they have music in them :(

Comment

Doesn't matter if a sin is great or small.

"The Muslim should not look at how small or great the sin is, rather he should look at the greatness and might of the One Whom he is disobeying."
                          -Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
                          X