How do you handle difficult times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you handle difficult times?

A good question - it took me some years to understand what made me tick. Spent a few years in the dark, completely consumed in self pity...Am still fuming for wasting those years feeling pity amidst all the blessings I had. Anyways - I found solency in the Quran through a complete stranger whom gave me advice on helping my self. I especially found this ayah to be the breaking through for me.

Last verse in surah Baqarah - its one of my favourite and constant reminder - I read this ayah almost every day.

On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray: ) “Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith.”
    Life creates alittle laughter and gives many reasons to cry; it gives a little but withholds far more

Comment

Re: How do you handle difficult times?

Originally posted by anistop View Post
      Praying tahajjud is a very good suggestion. We can have problems as trial and also as punishment. When we have a problem as a trial, Allah gives us patience along with it, and we feel that it will pass away. When we have a problem as a punishment, we get frustrated, annoyed and depressed. The problem might be small, but it seems too big to us. And, a problem as punishment often remind us our sins.
      Like this.... :up:
      alhamdulillah jazakillahu khoiro

Comment

Working...
      X