How do you handle difficult times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you handle difficult times?

What is your first reaction when something displeasing happens? What dhikr or duaa do you make? Do you get frustrated and think why is it happening to you? Do you believe that your troubles could be because of your sins because Allah is never just and He makes it clear in Quran (16:53)? Whom do you complain about your troubles? Please share your way of handling stress and difficult situations, so that it can help others as well to cope with tough times.
    [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: How do you handle difficult times?

Thats a shame no one actually gave some advices yet. I feel I'm going through such a hard time. When I wake up the morning, I feel so empty, I have this sinking feeling, as though an invisible hand was pulling everything inside of me, from my heart down to my stomach. I dont want to anything AT ALL, I just dont see the meaning of it, the usefulness. I feel as though I have lost my purpose in life, all I wan to is disappear and have everyone forget about me. I'll never cross that line of taking my own life away, I know its haram, but I just dont know how I find my happiness back...whats really strange, is that when we look at my immediate external environment, there is nothing for me to be sad about, alhamdulilah, I have everything to be happy, but inside of me, I feel so worthless...i.e. when I'm talking to someone, I feel as though they would rather talk to anyone else but me. I feel like I just dont fit in, in whatever I do. I'm a uni student, 2nd year, amongst other things, my studies used to be very important to me, I used to have a sense of worry about it, pushing me to give my best...now, the last thing I want to do is study. It makes me feel horribly guilty cos, one of my main objectives in life was to provide a comfortable retirement for my mom, how the hell I'm supposed to without a degree? there are so many things going on in my mind, I just dont know where to start. I really dont know what to think, and it seems like my family dont even notice how unwell I am, makes me feel even more worthless. I think I'll just stop there otherwise this ranting will never end.

Comment

Originally posted by hayat21 View Post
      Thats a shame no one actually gave some advices yet. I feel I'm going through such a hard time. When I wake up the morning, I feel so empty, I have this sinking feeling, as though an invisible hand was pulling everything inside of me, from my heart down to my stomach. I dont want to anything AT ALL, I just dont see the meaning of it, the usefulness. I feel as though I have lost my purpose in life, all I wan to is disappear and have everyone forget about me. I'll never cross that line of taking my own life away, I know its haram, but I just dont know how I find my happiness back...whats really strange, is that when we look at my immediate external environment, there is nothing for me to be sad about, alhamdulilah, I have everything to be happy, but inside of me, I feel so worthless...i.e. when I'm talking to someone, I feel as though they would rather talk to anyone else but me. I feel like I just dont fit in, in whatever I do. I'm a uni student, 2nd year, amongst other things, my studies used to be very important to me, I used to have a sense of worry about it, pushing me to give my best...now, the last thing I want to do is study. It makes me feel horribly guilty cos, one of my main objectives in life was to provide a comfortable retirement for my mom, how the hell I'm supposed to without a degree? there are so many things going on in my mind, I just dont know where to start. I really dont know what to think, and it seems like my family dont even notice how unwell I am, makes me feel even more worthless. I think I'll just stop there otherwise this ranting will never end.
      AssalamOalaikum
      in difficult times you just pray pray and pray ask Allah to help but also stay patient and also eat :) ..u wont get answers in one day but Allah sure will help you fight through it ..also talk to people who truly care..and there are certain things you have some control over and certain things you dont,however Allah has the ultimate control..so you let go off things you have no control over eg death of a loved one and work on things you think you atleast have some control over like your studies ...work hard and leave the rest to Allah.everystep forward in seeking help from Allah in times of adverse life events is a step toward spiritual healing
      AssalamOalaikum

what differentiate a true momin is that he has seen many hardships..

Comment

Seek help in patience and salaah.

Also speak to those sisters and brothers who can advise you, properly. A problem shared with someone trustworthy and sincere will help.
        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Please watch this:

Sh.Assim will be in the uk from the 24th of March. He will be doing a one week Tour For Al Muntada Al Islami.

Comment

:salams

OK, at displeasing situation,

-First Reaction: utterly silent,
            -Dhikr/Dua: I say in my heart HasbunAllah wa Ni'mal Wakil, and with it i say Be enough for me please.
            -Never alhamdulillah, but yes sometimes i don't know which way to move? how to deal the matter? to share and take advice from whome? and i do silly mistakes :( in this case anyways Alhamdulillah HE can never do wrong with HIS bond men, i believe.
            -yes I do believe in that verse, we are for Test here.
            -errrm not complains, yes to some extent but then realized Its really upsetting to behave so, so am trying to scratch it out insha'Allah.

may Allah forgive us and guide us all to the right path and may HE always be there with us as our Protecter, Healer and Wakeel-ameen.
            -
            Last edited by shan e Aisha; 21-03-11, 12:26 AM.
            ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

mm If i am not wrong, this brother is not asking HELP for 'his' situation,

I got he is general that what You ppl Do in your hard situation? share here so that other sisters/brothers can also take benefit from.... Or I got opposite? :scratch:
              ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

:salams

Well I have to admit difficult times can be very hard to get through but we have to do our best to get through them. I'm not sure if you want us to answer our personal ways of dealing with difficult times or the right Islamic way of coping with difficult times. But I'm sure you want to know from the Islamic point of view so I did some research and found this reply from SunniPath: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1948&CATE=17 Hope it helps.

Here are some hadiths I remember when when everything in my life is going wrong and these words of wisdom really makes me realise I don't really have anything to complain about:

Allah does not impose on any self any more than it can stand. (Surat al-Baqara: 286)

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." - Sahih Al Bukhari - Volumn I, Hadith 8

"How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer. If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to Allah and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is better for him".
                [Muslim].

"The strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is one who controls himself in a fit of rage.'' [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

"The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self." (Bukhari)

"Fear Allah wherever you are, do good deeds after doing bad ones, the former will wipe out the latter, and behave decently towards people". [At-Tirmidhi].

"When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those, who have been given less." (Muslim)

"Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed." People asked, "..It is right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." Sahih Al-Bukhari, 3:624

"Keep yourselves far from envy; because it eats up and takes away good actions, like a fire eats up and burns wood." (Abu Daud)

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind." (Muslims & Bukhari)

From Sahih Bukhari:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes." (See Hadith No. 558, Vol. 9.)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."

Narrated 'Abdullah: I visited Allah's Apostle while he was suffering from a high fever. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! You have a high fever." He said, "Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you." I said, "Is it because you will have a double reward?" He said, "Yes, it is so. No Muslim is afflicted with any harm, even if it were the prick of a thorn, but that Allah expiates his sins because of that, as a tree sheds its leaves."

May Allsh swt ease all your suffering and remove all your difficulties, may Allah swt forgive your sins and make you become closer to Him through your difficulties and bless you with patience and increase your wisdom and strength in your Imaan through blessings and hardships in life, Ameen.

Here is my own saying I came up with:
                "The stronger the faith you have the more difficult the tests/trials you will face, but if you see the hidden blessings of the difficult trials then you have the potential to increase your wisdom, increase your faith and develop your personal character so be happy when Allah (swt) tests you with difficulties as he has given you an opportunity to get closer to him through the trials. Allah is the Most Wise." I know it is not very good but that is the story of my life.
                Last edited by faithheals; 21-03-11, 01:01 AM.

Comment

i could not agree more with what hayat had said. it is really really hard when hardships surrounds you, infesting you with lots n lots of negative n mazmumah things, especially in continuous day to day, year to year sense that u realize in the end, theres only Allah n nothing else to turn to, n it gets harder then when shaytan knows youre only left with Him, he put in more hours to haunt ur life.

personally i recites the Quran, Zikr and Dua as the solution in a continuous cycle as well. Some islamic books would help. And yes, lots of 'astaghfirullah al azim' n 'hasbunAllah wa ni'mal wakil' wont hurt you.

Comment

http://www.scribd.com/doc/26657725/P...-and-Istikhara

http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/s...label/Tawakkal
                    Last edited by anistop; 21-03-11, 08:53 AM.
                    [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

Comment

:jkk: for sharing, brother the links above you have given, are yours??

and some users missunderstood ur Thread as they advised you to do so and so, I think you has asked not for yourself but to share our feelings, rite?
                      ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

Originally posted by shan e Aisha View Post
                        :jkk: for sharing, brother the links above you have given, are yours??

and some users missunderstood ur Thread as they advised you to do so and so, I think you has asked not for yourself but to share our feelings, rite?

Comment

Reciting Quran also lead to tranquility as we learn from the following hadith:

Narrated Al-Bara'bin Azib: A man was reciting Surah Al-Kahf and his horse was tied with two ropes beside him. A cloud came down and spread over that man, and it kept on coming closer and closer to him till his horse started jumping (as if afraid of something). When it was morning, the man came to the Prophet, and told him of that experience. The Prophet said, "That was As-Sakina (tranquility) which descended because of (the recitation of) the Qur'an." [Sahih al-Bukhari 6:61 #531, at-Tirmidhi 2810/A]

Comment

Originally posted by anistop View Post
                            What is your first reaction when something displeasing happens? What dhikr or duaa do you make? Do you get frustrated and think why is it happening to you? Do you believe that your troubles could be because of your sins because Allah is never just and He makes it clear in Quran (16:53)? Whom do you complain about your troubles? Please share your way of handling stress and difficult situations, so that it can help others as well to cope with tough times.
                            Just pray to allah, because only allah can solve your problem.
                            I think if you have a problem not because of your sins, allah give a problem for us as a trial that are we a good moslem or not?
                            it will be better for you to pray at tahajud.

Comment

Originally posted by tazmania107 View Post
                              Just pray to allah, because only allah can solve your problem.
                              I think if you have a problem not because of your sins, allah give a problem for us as a trial that are we a good moslem or not
                              Praying tahajjud is a very good suggestion. We can have problems as trial and also as punishment. When we have a problem as a trial, Allah gives us patience along with it, and we feel that it will pass away. When we have a problem as a punishment, we get frustrated, annoyed and depressed. The problem might be small, but it seems too big to us. And, a problem as punishment often remind us our sins.

Comment

Working...
                              X