Male Grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male Grooming

I visited a new barber today, whislt I was getting my hair cut he mentioned that as a Muslim male, when getting the hair cut it should all be cut to an equal length, hence no short back n sides etc. He didn't cite any evidences and nor did I get a chance to ask as others walked in the shop.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Re: Male Grooming

:salams

In the Hanafi Madhhab, all the sides should have equal hair length and size. For example, one cannot shave both the sides and leave hair on top like a Mohawk.
      :wswrwb:
      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

What about having hair shorter on the sides and back, eg: 2cm length and longer at the top eg: 4cm length? It is not actually shaved?

Comment

thats definitly forbidden, its clear in the hadith that the hair cannot be partly shaved. when it says 'shaved' it means fully shaved (again obvious in the hadith and arabic) and if you don't want to shave hair then keep it all one length.
          the short back and sides haircut has expressly been forbidden, by the obvious meaning in the hadith and by the ulema.
          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Comment

Is a completely shaved head acceptable for a muslim boy or man? My eldest son asked me about this last week. He mentioned "shaving off the hair of unbelief" as we are reverts.

What is the view on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Nizam1 View Post
              Is a completely shaved head acceptable for a muslim boy or man? My eldest son asked me about this last week. He mentioned "shaving off the hair of unbelief" as we are reverts.

Yes it is acceptable, but there is no rule of "shaving of hair of unbelief". When you take your shahadah, you hafta take a bath (ghusl).

Comment

The following a quite a good read:

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=2263&CATE=90

Comment

loonietoonie is correct.

by the way brother Nizam, i remember reading your thread a while back. i think it was beautiful mashaAllah may Allah reward you and your sons and all your family, may he always keep you guided.

Originally posted by Nizam1 View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X