is wearing a jeanz allowed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is wearing a jeanz allowed??

Prophet MUHAMMAD(SALLALAHO ALAIYE WASALM): "Whoever imitates a people/nation is one of them." (Abu Dawood, 4/314).

as jeanz is a common dress of non muslims.. in light of this HAIDS .. can a muslim wear a jeanz .. or what exactly meant by "imitates"?
    Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Re: is wearing a jeanz allowed??

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes Muslims can wear jeans.

When a Muslim is living in a non-Muslim land (whether or not it is hostile to Islam), he is not expected to differ from them (the kuffaar) in his outward appearance. It is preferable, even obligatory, for a man to look like them sometimes, if that will achieve some religious purpose such as calling them to Islam,

But in the Muslim lands where Allaah has caused His religion to prevail, and where the kuffaar are in an inferior position and are paying jizyah (taxes paid by non-Muslims living under an Islamic government), it is obligatory for Muslims to look different from the kuffaar." (Iqtidaa' al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 1/418).

It is clear from the above that jeans are not clothes that are characteristic of the kuffaar or worn only by them, so they are not haraam. However, it is more befitting for the Muslim to try to wear distinctive Islamic dress wherever he is, in obedience to the way of the Prophet Muhammed Peace and Blessings of Allaah be upon him.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2322

Comment

But it has to be baggy/loose not a low-rise/waist or tight ;)
      Last edited by AyaMikail; 19-03-11, 02:09 PM.
      My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

still confused :( actually wht i need to knw... the word use "imitates" in HADIS.. let say if i wear a jeanz (non muslim dress) or make haircut (i.e my fav messy nd textured :) ) .. doesnt it show resemblance with thm..?? if it does not thn how much i can copy or follow their style / dresses etc.. wht does HADIS or QURAN says abt this??
        Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

If let's say there is a particular haircut of the gothic group. Then you should avoid their hairstyle as it is only their style and not the common hairstyle or cloth which everyone wears regardless of faith.
          Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
          فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Tight jeans are to be avoided as it violates one of the rules of clothing in Islam, which is that it must show ur shape. TIght jeans shows the shape of ur leg and what not.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

What is the "a jeanz" referred to in the title of this thread please?

Comment

I assumed he is using 'z' instead of 's, that's all.

Comment

baggy jeans dont show ur outline.

Comment

I don't think jeans are allowed. It's better just to wear an abaya, because in my opinion you can still see someones shape even if the jeans are a little loose.

Comment

For a girl definitely.

Comment

When we are asked to avoid imitating the dressing of a nation, it relates to any dressing or fashion which can be exclusive identified as related to a distinct religious group apart from Islam. For example, in some of the religious ceremonies Hindu men shave the entire head except for some part behind the head, and this long lock of hair is a religious symbol. There are also some ceremonial dresses with are part of identity of Christian priests. Sikhs do not shave the hair on their head, and their men tie it as a bun on the head. If Muslims imitate the same religious identity, it is deviating from Islam. But, if some dressing or fashion cannot be called exclusively belonging to a group, such as a hat, t-shirt or jeans, there is no harm for Muslims in it as long as it follows norms of modesty for prescribed for Muslim men and women. A tight jeans that shows curves of the body will not be part of the dressing recommended for a Muslima, however, some Muslim women try to overcome this aspect by wearing a long loose shirt which will not reveal their curves. Somebody told me that Abu Amina Bilal Phillips is of the view that tight trousers or jeans is haraam for Muslim men too.

Allah knows the best.
                        Last edited by anistop; 20-03-11, 08:21 AM.
                        [103:003] Except those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience

My blog link: [url]http://beliefinunseen.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

Is Space Suit allowed?
                          I am Bangladeshi and I recognize Palestine as the #194 country

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                            Tight jeans are to be avoided as it violates one of the rules of clothing in Islam, which is that it must show ur shape. TIght jeans shows the shape of ur leg and what not.
                            Ofcourse but if its worn under the abayah obviously then there's nothing wrong ....

Comment

Its not part of sunnah... for anyone who has a desire to immitate our beloved nabi Peace be upon him then jeans is a useless garment.

Comment

Working...
                              X