Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to come up with a good clothing style. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to come up with a good clothing style. Suggestions?

Assalaam Alikum. As most of you probably know, I care about fashion and how I look. I'm trying to come up with my own clothing style and need some suggestions.

I want something modern, but also traditionally Islamic at the same time that would identify me as a Muslim. I really like wearing the Shalwar Kameez, but it's a little too......foreign. Especially here in the southern United States. Ergo, I reserve my Shalwar Kameez for Eid and stuff. But I want to have a clothing style that looks Islamic yet also modern and would fit in here in America.

Any suggestions?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Trying to come up with a good clothing style. Suggestions?

Since fashion seems to be just a case of reinventing the wheel, over and over again- pick an era and customise it. I know this years thing is the 70s but you could pick the 80s and mc hammer it up. Harem Pants and big t-shirts?

Comment

Google Image "Shaykh Faraz Rabbani". His full body image. Is that clothing kool for you?
      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Mix some kurdish pants and chinese skirts.
        And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

Working...
        X