"Listen to me. You don't know anything. Just do as I say"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Listen to me. You don't know anything. Just do as I say"

How often do you see Parents slap their disobedient child and say this ? Even though there is a possibility that the child might be right but still the parents rightly think of it to be their right to control their child's life, only because of their contribution towards the child's birth and brought up.

But those parents forget that when Allah says the same to them, there is no possibility of Allah (swt) being wrong, and there is no limit to the amount of contribution Allah (swt) has in every bit of their existence.

Still, some parents do everything the way they themselves wish, and then they don't understand why Allah (swt) doesn't soften their child's heart for their obedience, when they themselves aren't willing to obey Allah, WHO is more sincere to them then they are to their child.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: "Listen to me. You don't know anything. Just do as I say"

:salams

Parents shouldn't be smacking their kids, in the first place.

Anyways, how old is the child? If the child is young then he probably won't know what's right and what's wrong. So, in that case, you can't really say the child might be right. And, if the child is old enough to know what's right, then I'm not sure if parents should be smacking him/her. :S

Another factor is that parents are stubborn. They thing that what they've been doing, what all the other families are doing, must be rgiht. If their child does such-and-such thing, the society will laugh at them.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Re: "Listen to me. You don't know anything. Just do as I say"

People get stubborn with age aswell. Not stubborn more like set in their ways.The older they are the more difficult it is to reason with them. After a certain age a person can not move with the times. They can not understand that things move on, culture changes, social norms change etc.

I think it can be arrogance or it can be psychological issues, that at ones stage ur mum or dad were at the top of their game and now when they are old they can not give sound advice and one even asks them for advice and they see the world slipping from their hands.

What a muslim should do? dunno. Don't involve ur parents? lol I don't really know.
      The quran does say treat them with "Ihsan". Which I understand as being nice to them, don't say as much as "uff".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X