X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oliver.reyes
    replied
    Re: Japan-When The World Shook

I feel so sad to what happen in japan right now. Hope they can recover fast after this tragedy. :(:(

ppi

Leave a comment:

• Russo
    replied

Originally posted by badr_ View Post
    This is absolutely true.
    To be fair, even Pakistanis weren't taking it seriously enough. What happened to fund raising locally? I didn't see any runs in the masjid by Pakistanis which i found very odd. I don't think the media conveyed the extent of the disaster though, it was far bigger than Haiti.
    There was alot of fund raising and clothing/food donations going on in West London. So its not fair to say that no one was taking it seriously.

Plus if you ever flick channels, go to channel 828 (or is it 826 - cant remember which one) on Sky. THey constantly show work being done in Pakistan for rebuilding a village etc.

I am not surprised that people here in the UK for example, are wary of donating money because of the corruption that exists in Pakistan. People are worried that their money is going into the wrong hands and I feel sorry for the victims who wont see their lives improved.

Allah (swt) is watching though and I hope those greedy people get punished.

Leave a comment:

• badr_
    replied

Originally posted by Zoya09 View Post
    Inshallah the worst is over now hopefully. I cant help but feel annoyed though at the worlds quick response to Japan, yet completely ignoring countries such as pakistan who suffered a much higher death toll. Even peoples well wishes were absent for the pak quake/flood victims and instead were full of hatred and violence.
    This is absolutely true.
    To be fair, even Pakistanis weren't taking it seriously enough. What happened to fund raising locally? I didn't see any runs in the masjid by Pakistanis which i found very odd. I don't think the media conveyed the extent of the disaster though, it was far bigger than Haiti.

Leave a comment:

• Massilia
    replied

I and many I know have witnessed first hand the hatred towards pakistanis in many of western countries and the british population if not all couldnt care less about them. The governments who did donate are looking out for their own interests whilst fully knowing that these corrupt leaders will pocket the little they did pledge in aid.
    I agree with you, the communication around this catastrophe compared to Haiti for instance was very poor.

Atheist Chap "Raised billions"? Are you like serious? I work at Muslim Hands and there were never millions lol, you have to be kidding

Leave a comment:

• Zoya09
    replied

Originally posted by Atheist Chap View Post
    I don't think that's an entierly fair reaction. In truth, Western nations raised billions in aid for the Pakistan earthquakes and floods - however when the media began reporting on the wholesale corruption in Pakistan (politicians lining their pockets, redevelopment works rusting away), then donations did indeed dry up. Furthermore many aid organisations were physically attacked by various militant organisations in the affected regions and were forced to withdraw. Finally the major lack of infrastructure severely hindered aid efforts, meaning aid could only be delivered by helicopter - and there just aren't that many helicopters in that part of the world.

None of this is the case with Japan.
    I and many I know have witnessed first hand the hatred towards pakistanis in many of western countries and the british population if not all couldnt care less about them. The governments who did donate are looking out for their own interests whilst fully knowing that these corrupt leaders will pocket the little they did pledge in aid.

Leave a comment:

• Atheist Chap
    replied

Inshallah the worst is over now hopefully. I cant help but feel annoyed though at the worlds quick response to Japan, yet completely ignoring countries such as pakistan who suffered a much higher death toll. Even peoples well wishes were absent for the pak quake/flood victims and instead were full of hatred and violence.
    I don't think that's an entierly fair reaction. In truth, Western nations raised billions in aid for the Pakistan earthquakes and floods - however when the media began reporting on the wholesale corruption in Pakistan (politicians lining their pockets, redevelopment works rusting away), then donations did indeed dry up. Furthermore many aid organisations were physically attacked by various militant organisations in the affected regions and were forced to withdraw. Finally the major lack of infrastructure severely hindered aid efforts, meaning aid could only be delivered by helicopter - and there just aren't that many helicopters in that part of the world.

None of this is the case with Japan.

Leave a comment:

• enchanted_1984
    replied

Can we do anything to help? I mean can we launch a relief effort on behalf of ummah.com for the victims of the Japanese tsunami?

Leave a comment:

• Zoya09
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 1MuslimByChoice
    replied

See they not what is before them and what is behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We will, We shall sink the earth with them or cause a piece of the heaven to fall upon them. Verily, in this is a sign for every slave who turns to Allah in repentance! 34:09

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
    Aw it's v very sad, May Allah ease all their suffering and guide them closer to him through this difficult trial Ameen. Why do many people only think of Allah swt or turn to religion when disaster strike, I wish everyone turn to ALlah on daily basis no matter what happens to us whether good or bad.
    And when some hurt touches man, he cries to his Lord turning in repentance. But when He bestoes a favour upon him from Himself, he forgets that for which he cried for before and sets up rivals to Allah in order to mislead others from His path. Say "Take pleasure in your disbelief for a while, surely you are of the dwellers of the Fire" 39:08

How many signs would it take for people to return to Allah and to fulfill their purpose. Day in, day out we say this and that but when will the time come? If we don't start taking heed from these lessons around us then we never will.

Leave a comment:

• faithheals
    replied

Originally posted by Christianlady View Post
    Hello Faithheals,

That's a good post, and yes I wonder that sometimes too. I think though that when natural disasters happen or when people are in need, we realize how fragile and temporary our time on earth is, and how much we need God.

May God help the people in Japan and everywhere in the world where they have lost loved ones, are hurting, are in need. May God rescue those who are trapped and give wisdom to people and help people help others too. May we do our part to help however we can, for God's glory.

Peace and God bless you
    Hello, yes sometimes Mankind think they are so advanced, so intelligent that nothing can touch them until an unprecedented event like this happens and makes us realise we are so weak and so helpless without Allah swt's mercy, it is only out of Allah's mercy we are able to do everything that we do in life and we don't appreciate Him or thank Him for this enough nor do we even remember Allah like He deserved to be remembered, some humans think they don't even need a God until magnificent disaster strikes them and they question all their beliefs and realise how important and Mighty Allah is to the Universe and beyond.

Peace and blessings be upon you too.

Leave a comment:

• Christianlady
    replied

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
    Aw it's v very sad, May Allah ease all their suffering and guide them closer to him through this difficult trial Ameen. Why do many people only think of Allah swt or turn to religion when disaster strike, I wish everyone turn to ALlah on daily basis no matter what happens to us whether good or bad.
    Hello Faithheals,

That's a good post, and yes I wonder that sometimes too. I think though that when natural disasters happen or when people are in need, we realize how fragile and temporary our time on earth is, and how much we need God.

May God help the people in Japan and everywhere in the world where they have lost loved ones, are hurting, are in need. May God rescue those who are trapped and give wisdom to people and help people help others too. May we do our part to help however we can, for God's glory.

Peace and God bless you

Leave a comment:

• faithheals
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShahidMujahid
    replied

Great thread. Jazak Allah Khair. We should make dua for all brothers and sisters in Japan, California, and Hawaii. #everywhere

Leave a comment:

• aBu_aGinEgp
    replied

Latest update: All the food from the shops have been taken and people are stocking up on water. electricity and water will now be available for short periods through the up coming days as they plan to estimate the efforts needed to fix the remains of what is left.

Leave a comment:

• 1MuslimByChoice
    replied

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X