Japan-When The World Shook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan-When The World Shook

“We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’aan) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?” [Fussilat 41:53]

“Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above or from under your feet, or to cover you with confusion in party strife, and make you to taste the violence of one another.’” [al-An’aam 6:65]

Al-Bukhaari narrated in his Saheeh from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the aayah (interpretation of the meaning) “Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above” was revealed, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A’oodhu bi wajhika (I seek refuge in Your Face”; “or from under your feet”, he said, “A’oodhu bi wajhika (I seek refuge in Your Face).” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 5/193).

(Abu’l-Shaykh al-Isbahaani narrated from Mujaahid concerning the Tafseer of this aayah, “Say: ‘He has power to send torment on you from above”: (this means) al-Sayhah (the shout or tumult), stones and strong wind; “or from under your feet”, (means) earthquakes and being swallowed up by the earth.)

I visited japan not long a go and i stood in places which no longer exist as they did then.

Eye witnessing reports from family members describe the moments of the initial earth quake, as seeing the buildings moving side to side in unbelievable manner. They have described the situation of what can be seen there is utter devastation.Unexperienced levels of fear, and shock. If anyone has not been to japan, then the infrastructure and engineering of the buildings means they have taken these into consideration and the buildings move dramatically side to side. Water over hauled many parts of the land and has destroyed and taken many lives. Many people are staying at work, simply because the office buildings are safer then the residential buildings on ground level.

There have been many after affects and smaller shocks etc through out the night.

From such incidents where we can only imagine the feelings and thoughts of those Muslims, who are in japan, and there are many Muslims i saw personally in Tokoyo and other places, we must not forget them in our Dua and also take heed from this trail they have been placed under from the ayaat quoted above, and learn before we are tested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

n the centre of Tokyo many people are spending the night in their offices. But thousands, perhaps millions, chose to walk home. Train services were suspended.

Even after the most violent earthquake anyone could remember the crowds were orderly and calm. The devastation is further to the north, along the Pacific coast.

There a tsunami triggered by the quake reached 10km (six miles) inland in places carrying houses, buildings, boats and cars with it. In the city of Sendai the police found up to 300 bodies in a single ward. Outside the city in a built-up area a fire blazed across several kilometres.

Japan's ground self-defence forces have been deployed, and the government has asked the US military based in the country for help. The scale of destruction from the biggest quake ever recorded in Japan will become clear only at first light.-BBC News
    Last edited by aBu_aGinEgp; 12-03-11, 02:36 AM.

Re: Japan-When The World Shook

:jkk:
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Latest update: All the food from the shops have been taken and people are stocking up on water. electricity and water will now be available for short periods through the up coming days as they plan to estimate the efforts needed to fix the remains of what is left.

Comment

Great thread. Jazak Allah Khair. We should make dua for all brothers and sisters in Japan, California, and Hawaii. #everywhere

Comment

Aw it's v very sad, May Allah ease all their suffering and guide them closer to him through this difficult trial Ameen. Why do many people only think of Allah swt or turn to religion when disaster strike, I wish everyone turn to ALlah on daily basis no matter what happens to us whether good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
            Aw it's v very sad, May Allah ease all their suffering and guide them closer to him through this difficult trial Ameen. Why do many people only think of Allah swt or turn to religion when disaster strike, I wish everyone turn to ALlah on daily basis no matter what happens to us whether good or bad.
            Hello Faithheals,

That's a good post, and yes I wonder that sometimes too. I think though that when natural disasters happen or when people are in need, we realize how fragile and temporary our time on earth is, and how much we need God.

May God help the people in Japan and everywhere in the world where they have lost loved ones, are hurting, are in need. May God rescue those who are trapped and give wisdom to people and help people help others too. May we do our part to help however we can, for God's glory.

Peace and God bless you

Comment

Originally posted by Christianlady View Post
              Hello Faithheals,

That's a good post, and yes I wonder that sometimes too. I think though that when natural disasters happen or when people are in need, we realize how fragile and temporary our time on earth is, and how much we need God.

May God help the people in Japan and everywhere in the world where they have lost loved ones, are hurting, are in need. May God rescue those who are trapped and give wisdom to people and help people help others too. May we do our part to help however we can, for God's glory.

Peace and God bless you
              Hello, yes sometimes Mankind think they are so advanced, so intelligent that nothing can touch them until an unprecedented event like this happens and makes us realise we are so weak and so helpless without Allah swt's mercy, it is only out of Allah's mercy we are able to do everything that we do in life and we don't appreciate Him or thank Him for this enough nor do we even remember Allah like He deserved to be remembered, some humans think they don't even need a God until magnificent disaster strikes them and they question all their beliefs and realise how important and Mighty Allah is to the Universe and beyond.

Peace and blessings be upon you too.

Comment

See they not what is before them and what is behind them, of the heaven and the earth? If We will, We shall sink the earth with them or cause a piece of the heaven to fall upon them. Verily, in this is a sign for every slave who turns to Allah in repentance! 34:09

Originally posted by faithheals View Post
                And when some hurt touches man, he cries to his Lord turning in repentance. But when He bestoes a favour upon him from Himself, he forgets that for which he cried for before and sets up rivals to Allah in order to mislead others from His path. Say "Take pleasure in your disbelief for a while, surely you are of the dwellers of the Fire" 39:08

How many signs would it take for people to return to Allah and to fulfill their purpose. Day in, day out we say this and that but when will the time come? If we don't start taking heed from these lessons around us then we never will.
                (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Inshallah the worst is over now hopefully. I cant help but feel annoyed though at the worlds quick response to Japan, yet completely ignoring countries such as pakistan who suffered a much higher death toll. Even peoples well wishes were absent for the pak quake/flood victims and instead were full of hatred and violence.

Comment

Can we do anything to help? I mean can we launch a relief effort on behalf of ummah.com for the victims of the Japanese tsunami?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoya09 View Post
                      Inshallah the worst is over now hopefully. I cant help but feel annoyed though at the worlds quick response to Japan, yet completely ignoring countries such as pakistan who suffered a much higher death toll. Even peoples well wishes were absent for the pak quake/flood victims and instead were full of hatred and violence.
                      I don't think that's an entierly fair reaction. In truth, Western nations raised billions in aid for the Pakistan earthquakes and floods - however when the media began reporting on the wholesale corruption in Pakistan (politicians lining their pockets, redevelopment works rusting away), then donations did indeed dry up. Furthermore many aid organisations were physically attacked by various militant organisations in the affected regions and were forced to withdraw. Finally the major lack of infrastructure severely hindered aid efforts, meaning aid could only be delivered by helicopter - and there just aren't that many helicopters in that part of the world.

None of this is the case with Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist Chap View Post
                        I don't think that's an entierly fair reaction. In truth, Western nations raised billions in aid for the Pakistan earthquakes and floods - however when the media began reporting on the wholesale corruption in Pakistan (politicians lining their pockets, redevelopment works rusting away), then donations did indeed dry up. Furthermore many aid organisations were physically attacked by various militant organisations in the affected regions and were forced to withdraw. Finally the major lack of infrastructure severely hindered aid efforts, meaning aid could only be delivered by helicopter - and there just aren't that many helicopters in that part of the world.

None of this is the case with Japan.
                        I and many I know have witnessed first hand the hatred towards pakistanis in many of western countries and the british population if not all couldnt care less about them. The governments who did donate are looking out for their own interests whilst fully knowing that these corrupt leaders will pocket the little they did pledge in aid.

Comment

I and many I know have witnessed first hand the hatred towards pakistanis in many of western countries and the british population if not all couldnt care less about them. The governments who did donate are looking out for their own interests whilst fully knowing that these corrupt leaders will pocket the little they did pledge in aid.
                          I agree with you, the communication around this catastrophe compared to Haiti for instance was very poor.

Atheist Chap "Raised billions"? Are you like serious? I work at Muslim Hands and there were never millions lol, you have to be kidding
                          My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
                          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

This is absolutely true.
                            To be fair, even Pakistanis weren't taking it seriously enough. What happened to fund raising locally? I didn't see any runs in the masjid by Pakistanis which i found very odd. I don't think the media conveyed the extent of the disaster though, it was far bigger than Haiti.

Comment

Originally posted by badr_ View Post
                              This is absolutely true.
                              To be fair, even Pakistanis weren't taking it seriously enough. What happened to fund raising locally? I didn't see any runs in the masjid by Pakistanis which i found very odd. I don't think the media conveyed the extent of the disaster though, it was far bigger than Haiti.
                              There was alot of fund raising and clothing/food donations going on in West London. So its not fair to say that no one was taking it seriously.

Plus if you ever flick channels, go to channel 828 (or is it 826 - cant remember which one) on Sky. THey constantly show work being done in Pakistan for rebuilding a village etc.

I am not surprised that people here in the UK for example, are wary of donating money because of the corruption that exists in Pakistan. People are worried that their money is going into the wrong hands and I feel sorry for the victims who wont see their lives improved.

Allah (swt) is watching though and I hope those greedy people get punished.

Visit: www.muslim-mums.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X