Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopting disable child?

Wa aleikum salaam,

I don't know if this post belongs in here but I wish someone could help me. I think I already know the answer but I want to be sure because someone might know something that I don't know.

I was thinking if I adopt a child of course it will be by the sharia law and the child will keep their last name and they will know they are adopted.

But if I would adopt disable child who was abandoned nameless and nobody knows which is their origin then what should I do? I can't let the child be nameless so is it haram to let him have his foster father's name?

Other thing is if I breastfeed him , he will be mahram right? So female siblings can be withouth hijab in front of him.

I hope for decent answers, I know these might be disturbing questions but thats why I'm asking for help.

I also know that I dont need to adopt children speacily disabled child and I could have kids of my own but who said you cant have biological and adopted children. ( Saying this so hopefully nobody will give me a speech of why I'm doing this)

Thank you for everyone who took the time to read this, Jazaakum Allaah khairan

Re: Adopting disable child?

I forgot the main thing from this, if the child is living in their own world and the child is thinking I'm his mother, then is it ok(ofcourse the ppl around us would know he is adopted) but hmm I dont know

Comment

i think its wonderful that you are planning to adopt a disabled child, May Allah swt reward you Ameen.
      glass half empty

Comment

Sorry I don't have enough knowledge to answer your questions but I think what you are planning to do is truly amazing, May Allah reward you for all your goodness InshAllah. I advice you to seek advice from a learned scholar who knows about Islamic laws of adoption. I have been thinking about adopting an orphan as well and InshaAllah I will get the opportunity to that one day.
        Last edited by faithheals; 13-03-11, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X