Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helping family to come closer to the deen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping family to come closer to the deen?

Asalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Family, not distant relatives or even cousins, but behind those closed doors, inside your home, the ones you've grown up with, the ones whom you've laughed, cried an argued with, the ones who've brought things for you an likewise you've brought things for. These individuals you're so close to know your habits and your character.

Your mother, father, brother/s and sister/s. These are the ones i'm talking about. Your close-knit family. Allah has placed rahma and love between our hearts so it is natural for us to care for them in one way or another.

Most importantly, care not for their dunya but for their akhira. Give them success and the best in the akhira. You want the utmost goodness for them in al-akhira and you don't want any evil or pain or punishment for any of them.

How? What to do? You cannot not care for their akhira. So i ask you what can i do to help my family. I can't not care no matter what i do (i've tried that).

The haram and halal are known. You/I know few causes and stimulants which lead to disobedience and are tools of shaytaan i.e music, tv etc but getting rid of them isn't the way to go as they can easily be replaced.

The root is their heart, installing iman, love for Allah and His Messenger :saw:, to soften the heart, that's the key.

But how? How can i/we help our families?

May Allah guide us and keep us firm upon His guidance and keep our families far from any punishment or evil in the grave or akhira ameen.
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: Helping family to come closer to the deen?

:wswrwb:

Bump.

Lots of people seem to be having this problem.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Practice what we preach. Actions truly do speak louder than words at times.
      "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by Jilbabi View Post

Practice what we preach. Actions truly do speak louder than words at times.
        wa alaikum as salam wa rehmatullahi wa barakatuh

I think this is the soundest advice. Lead the way.

I was really impressed when one of my uncles became religious and had his entire house reconstructed and made two separate lounges for gender separation.

Comment

When you're older, you have a greater impact.
          But, if you're the kid of the house, no one cares.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

InshaAllah we implement Islam in our actions always and learn to be patient.

But I do agree, as a younger adult no one seems to care as much, they may just think you are too young and are in a phase.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
            [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

So practice what one preaches

Exult patience

Lead the way with one's actions

And of course, making dua to Allah

That's it?
              (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                So practice what one preaches

Exult patience

Lead the way with one's actions

And of course, making dua to Allah

That's it?
                and with patience also be gentle and soft with them.

فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِنَ اللَّهِ لِنْتَ لَهُمْ وَلَوْ كُنْتَ فَظًّا غَلِيظَ الْقَلْبِ لانْفَضُّوا مِنْ حَوْلِكَ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الأمْرِ فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ (١٥٩)
                Last edited by Musaaafir; 09-03-11, 07:26 PM.
                )

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post

I was really impressed when one of my uncles became religious and had his entire house reconstructed and made two separate lounges for gender separation.
                  SubhanaAllah that's excellent. If only we could all do that.

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  When you're older, you have a greater impact.
                  But, if you're the kid of the house, no one cares.
                  I agree that if your older you have a greater impact. But never underestimate the impact you have. Your influence may not be expressed verbally but may have influenced them in their hearts.

Brilliant advice from brother Musaafir.
                  Last edited by Jilbabi; 09-03-11, 07:56 PM.
                  "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

oh Another important thing i forgot to mention. Understand the psychology of the one u r making dawah to. if necessary, study psychology. u can pick up some good books and learn on ur own. u can also study education pyschology in uni if u want. can be done entirely online. people who like doin dawah should look into it.
                    )

Comment

:jkk: will take that on board.

Comment

Question:

You know when disobedience to Allah is done and obviously you are not going to encourage it nor are you going to support it, how should you react?

E.g someone starts working from haraam but is bringing in income and has interviews etc so they start talking about it, you despise it but should you engage in the conversation with them? Like speaking with them about it generally on the topic.

How should you react? If the above makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                          Question:

You know when disobedience to Allah is done and obviously you are not going to encourage it nor are you going to support it, how should you react?

E.g someone starts working from haraam but is bringing in income and has interviews etc so they start talking about it, you despise it but should you engage in the conversation with them? Like speaking with them about it generally on the topic.

How should you react? If the above makes sense?
                          It depends on your relationship with that person. depending on the relationship, u can talk a bit harshly, or softly, or not even talk abt it at all. It depends more so on where the person is in terms of eman and knowledge & connection with akhirah. In the topic of any kind of dawah, islah or deeny influence, I always go back to the quote of ayesha (ra). If someone's knowledge of akhirah is very clear and connection with it is at least good, then it's not hard if not quite easy to warn them from haram or guiding them to the obedience of Allah.
                          )

Comment

Working...
                          X