Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic stance on tattoos

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows what the quran and the hadiths of the prophet (pbuh) say in regards of getting a tattoo.

Thank you.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20283http://www.muslimconverts.com/cosmetics/tattoos.htm

Comment

Re: Islamic stance on tattoos

Then by that logic shouldn't all forms of cosmetic surgery(sometimes to get rid of wounds caused by horrific accidents or to cure psychological wounds like insecurities) be considered forbidden, but to my knowledge they're not. Taking that logic even further shouldn't ALL forms of modification of ones appearance(hair cuts, gelling waxing hair dye etc) be considered haram but they're not. ALL of these are contextual and as long as your tattoo isn't offensive I'm sure god will forgive you.(being a good person who donates to charity helps the needy and generally does good deeds may offset the the act of getting the tattoo)

Comment

I wish tattoos were allowed. I really want to get a tribal tattoo on my arm:

Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by RRIIZZZ View Post
          Those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification
          Does this mean braces aren't allowed if you teeth juts out?
          My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	butterfly.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	10733250

I'd choose butterfly designs...but it's not allowed so oh well...lol dreams on :up:
            My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

i want a tribal too :(

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                I wish tattoos were allowed. I really want to get a tribal tattoo on my arm:
                after u get ur tattoo , u'll wish u never had it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                  after u get ur tattoo , u'll wish u never had it.
                  I'm not sure. I've wanted a tattoo for several years.

I wish I got a tattoo before I converted.
                  Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Tattoo looks nice @ 1st but after few years...ink would fade..retouch is needed...also as your skin wrinkles the pattern becomes less attractive ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                      I'm not sure. I've wanted a tattoo for several years.

I wish I got a tattoo before I converted.
                      its something like smoking .... first ur so into it and later u find out that u jz abused ur body ....

Comment

What? Whats so good about a tattoo? Having a pattern on your body that no one will see, and further it may risk your health and after a couple of years look just disgusting, not thank you. As for cosmetic surgery, Allah doesn't make things hard, if it is medically required certain surgeries are fine, but if they are superfluous like nose jobs or whatnot for no particular reason they are not. Braces are also fine i think in order to straighten your teeth, you're not filing them?? I may be wrong.

Allah knows best

Comment

Why would you want or wish for something that Allah will curse you for?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

how would it pose a risk to your health?

Comment

naturally i've got no respect for guys with tattos

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X