Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got some issues...

:salams

I found out my external relatives, one called ___ aunty, said to one of our relatives in UK, that do not keep relations with [my dad - i.e my family] because his son, wears a jubbah [thobe]. Now I am unclear if she [the old aunty that told UK aunty to keep away] that I look like a terrorist.

By Allaah, I must not give up my identity. Bilaal said: Ahadun Ahad while being stoned under the hot sun. What excuse do I have, when I claim to be a Muslim?

So now I am utterly dis.gusted off by these Shi'a. Yes, my dad was a Shi'a before. But I don't know what type nor do I care.

So, Islamically, is it compulsory or required for me to keep relations with:

My dad's relatives such as sister or more extended relatives than this?
    My mom's relatives such as her brother or more extended relatives than this?

Frankly, I don't know if I am a grandniece of this old aunty, or what am I in relation to this UK relative.

I only know that I have met my dad's sisters and their children, which happen to be my cousins. And I have met my mom's brother and his children, which I don't know what's their relation to me.
    What ta do?
    Last edited by IbnulQayyim; 06-03-11, 05:41 AM.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Re: I got some issues...

:wswrwb:

You just ignore these accusations. I mean, if she called you a terrorist, so what?
    Just ignore. It's not like she's gonna come live with you or anything.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

These comments of terrorism will always come no matter what we do
      But you need to be patient with them and make dua ... May Allah help them have kind hearts ,Ameen

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

I'm pis.sed because my own blood family, agrees with that lady indirectly.

No lie nor exaggeration intended here.

For example, I am listening to the Khutbah of Fadeelatus Shaykh, Shaykh ash-Shuraim's Friday Khutbah of yday, its in 'arabi, I don't get it, but I like to listen i feel kind of nice and i understand some stuff very little.

For listening to arabic ill get vibes from them that "dude u dumladen watcha doing in that frock, man up, jean up till ur butt homie"

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
        فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Vibes?

Don't judge them on vibes. Give them benefit of the doubt. :insha:
          And make Dua'a abundantly for their guidance.

May Allah make it easy for you and guide your family to the Straight Path.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

brother say aoudhu billahi mina shaytan irajeem

InshaAllah they change their ways

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
            [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Vibes?

Don't judge them on vibes. Give them benefit of the doubt. :insha:
              lolz, do u vanna do some bro swapping and live here for a day

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                lolz, do u vanna do some bro swapping and live here for a day
                What's so hard about making Dua'a??

Comment

when did I say anything about du'a !!!

Anywayz, I think I shud talk to my Mufti here and other Imam about my family issues, wife beating, and all that, but they don't give a dumb crap about it.
                  So I'd have to seek some other city's 'Ulamaa.

Comment

I think a good course of action would be to ignore those comments, at least you don't have to put up with your own mother calling you a terrorist like in my case. It's a sad thing really.

Comment

The more you think through these things in your head the more it will drive you nuts.

You do things for the sake of Allah. Khlas

Prophet SAW use to get a lot of critcism form Ahl-e Makkah. Allah comforted him in the Quran saying "do not pay any heed to them" - not the exact verse but meanings the same.

Comment

oit wasnt me ?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Fathuuba lil ghurabaa' [Blessed are the ghuraba' (those strange people)]

Comment

:wswrwb:

Brother, this is the beginning. Glad tidings to the strangers. The dunya isn't the home of the believers. Janaah, meeting Allah, the akhira is our final destination and belongs to us.

It is sad, hurtful and it can kill you inside because you're doing nothing wrong, just following the orders of Allah. Nothing wrong or dangerous or harmful in your actions yet you're being picked on for things everyone should be doing. Things which we were supposedly brought up to do and when we adhere to it by the guidance and will of Allah, it's like we're doing something wrong.

How did i deal with it? Well i found some sisters and stuck close to them, got advice from them, asked them for practical things i could do etc. Also, and most importantly the Quran. I cannot stress how important reading/understanding/reciting/seeking comfort in the Quran is. Take a portion per day to understand and read. It is the only truthful and practical advice for anyone. You'll come across ayaat which will give you strength, advice and ayaat which will put your situation in perspective.

I say hang in there, remain firm, don't give anything up regarding your deen for anyone. An don't argue either, just say/make your point and if it'll get heated apologise (even if you're not in the wrong, i've noticed how effective it is) and zip your lips. Ask Allah for strength and in sajda ask Allah to keep you firm upon Islam and to never turn to heart away.
                            (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Little test for you my brother.

When i first started practising all my friends disappeared because i was no longer compatible with them, people i had known for years. ALLAH replaced them with pious company.

When i wore my Turban, my parents and family didnt want me to. A year later they encouraged me to wear it.

My lower garment was above my ankles. People questioned this and mocked me. Eventually they ended up raising their lower garment above the ankles to the extent where a non muslim lady at work asked me why it was i gave her the reasoning why men raised their lower garment and she raised hers lol and i told her to put it back down its different for women.

At a party an aunty told me to remove my hat because it "didnt look good" at the party, i didnt remove it. Now her son wears a hat and her husband too.

When i started practising some male members of my family sat and mentioned that " its only a phase he's going through". ALLAH gave me the ability to practise Islam for 11 years till today and inshALLAH forever. AlhamduLILAH. And now they ask me take their children to mosque.

there are countless other examples in my life i can give. But whats the purpose of me saying all this? Continue to practise and lead with example. The beauty of Islam will overcome them.
                              "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
                              "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Working...
                              X