Hyperpigmentation_help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperpigmentation_help!

My mum went to the doctors and they said they couldnt do anything because it was cosmetic only.

I've got the opposite of what my mum has got on the side of my face but its covered with hijab so it doesnt bother me. But people comment and ask my mum about her face and it makes her feel uncomfortable.

Can anyone suggest something that works and fades the discolouration. Ive looked at skin lightening products but we dont want to waste money on something that doesnt work.

JazakAllah Khair.
    glass half empty

Re: Hyperpigmentation_help!

That's a toughy... But my advice to you is to actually stay away from skin lighten products unless you know what it is

Or like test try it on your arm to see if it works....other than that....check out a physician

Comment

Originally posted by alhamdoulilah View Post
      That's a toughy... But my advice to you is to actually stay away from skin lighten products unless you know what it is

Or like test try it on your arm to see if it works....other than that....check out a physician
      What i want to do is get a list of creams and go through the list with the doctor to see if they are alright to use. i know that some can make the condition worse.
      glass half empty

Comment

Microdermabrasion is supposed to work and you can get kits which allow you to do it at home. Not sure how effective they are but my friend had hyperpigmentation and was looking into this.

Comment

Originally posted by miniroll View Post
          Microdermabrasion is supposed to work and you can get kits which allow you to do it at home. Not sure how effective they are but my friend had hyperpigmentation and was looking into this.
          mums got severe hyperpigmentation which the doctor has told us is deep within the skin, not sure it will work but i'll check it out. it may help to fade the patches though, nice one. thanks :)
          Last edited by mujhadia; 06-03-11, 02:52 AM.
          glass half empty

Comment

AssalamOalaikum
            your doc online here :)
            may i ask where the pigmentation is?
            is it on sun exposed areas? or skin flexures (knuckles,knees and armpit)
            long has it been there for?
            anyways if the doctors think that its a cosmetic issue then i am sure that they have ruled out everything ,
            there are lots of skin lightening preparations containing hydroquinone but these are only temporary
            kojic acid preparations are natural way out
            and if u want to stay safe try turmeric preparations ,its known to block melanin preparation
            feel free to ask if u wanna know more
            :)
            AssalamOalaikum

Comment

Originally posted by needanswers View Post
              AssalamOalaikum
              your doc online here :)
              may i ask where the pigmentation is?
              is it on sun exposed areas? or skin flexures (knuckles,knees and armpit)
              long has it been there for?
              anyways if the doctors think that its a cosmetic issue then i am sure that they have ruled out everything ,
              there are lots of skin lightening preparations containing hydroquinone but these are only temporary
              kojic acid preparations are natural way out
              and if u want to stay safe try turmeric preparations ,its known to block melanin preparation
              feel free to ask if u wanna know more
              :)
              AssalamOalaikum
              lol, just her face, forehead, cheeks and chin. Its been there for the last 2 years. Tell me more. :)
              glass half empty

Comment

AssalamOalaikum
                so that goes for sun exposed area...she just needs a good subblock and skin peeling with dermal abrasion techniques ,glycolic peels work good for pigmentation too..she can try kojic acid preparations to lighten the pigmentation but after that she needs to take care and avoid sun exposure :)
                she will be fine inshaAllah

Comment

Originally posted by needanswers View Post
                  AssalamOalaikum
                  so that goes for sun exposed area...she just needs a good subblock and skin peeling with dermal abrasion techniques ,glycolic peels work good for pigmentation too..she can try kojic acid preparations to lighten the pigmentation but after that she needs to take care and avoid sun exposure :)
                  she will be fine inshaAllah
                  JazakAllah Khair :)
                  glass half empty

Comment

Ameen :)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X