Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The missed roles my unfaithful heart weeps for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The missed roles my unfaithful heart weeps for...

Life is ruthless towards those who don't make the most of their time, energy and health when it comes to playing a certain role. It has been 17 years since my heart missed saying the word "Dada" (Grandfather). Evey time I reflect on the 7 years that I spent with him, I feel like cursing myself for preferring to waste my time on toys and hence missing so many opportunities of serving him to make him feel proud of me. Even after the role of "grandson" was snatched from me, Allah (swt) has been very kind to still not close the door of serving him, by allowing me to send him as many gifts as I can in the form of 'sadaqa', Quran recitation, Zikr, prayers for him...etc. The fact that I didn't see him in my dream for a long time made me realize that I have become careless towards someone who always took care of me during every second that I spent with him. The immense need of good deeds of beloved ones in ones grave is evident from numerous hadiths. How embarrassing would it be, if suddenly I encounter death, and the first question dada asks me when I face him is, "Did you not realize that your few seconds of prayers each day for me could have contributed in relieving my soul from the hurting worry and pain in the grave ?"

One by one nature would take away from us the right to say "mom", "dad", "brother", "sister", "wife", "son" "daughter"......It might also be possible that the angel of death takes away all these rights at once. It is up to me to decide if I want to be the one who later repents for the missed opportunities due to business in my own enjoyments (Allah Forbid) or to be the one who is happy that he sacrificed his own pleasures in trying to perform these roles in the best possible way, to ones level BEST! May Allah (swt) bless us all with the wisdom and strength to be able to dedicate more time and energy towards the roles that are assigned to us for a very short time, before its too late...Of course, the GREATEST role that easily covers all these roles is to become a TRUE Slave of Allah (swt) and a TRUE follower of the Prophet (saw).
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 04-03-11, 09:23 AM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: The missed roles my unfaithful heart weeps for...

:jkk:

Good post. Do you have your own blog? If not you should try posting these threads there. I think you're blog would be good, inshaa'Allah.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Wa-iyyakum brother for the kind words of encouragement. I tried but couldn't find a blog section in this forum. I once made my personal blog, would inshaAllah try to work on it. Thanks brother for the kind advice.
      Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

That was very reflective.
        JazakAllah.
        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
        علي الحبشي

Comment

Jazak-Allah-Khair for the reminder. Many of us forget and drift, so thanks again for this.
          Call to Tawheed: Worship Allah ALONE.
          ANTI: Shirk, 786, Milad un Nabi, Ya Mohammads, Brelvis, Sufi's.

Comment

Working...
          X