Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How common are family fights in your family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How common are family fights in your family?

I think my parents don't really shout at each other any more, rather they give each other quiet, subtle sarcastic remarks and put on a fake smile for the kids because they've learned that shouting at each other is harmful for their children... they learned that from me before they had their other two kids. I moved away a few years ago though to live with my grandmother, because whenever they'd yell at each other they'd get each other upset and not want to talk to one another any more, then since they were still upset they needed someone to vent on, and that person was me. So usually I'd get yelled at unfairly for nothing, or making an honest mistake, or not being able to read their minds, or something like that. It kind of messed me up in the head because I didn't see home as a safe place and I was getting bullied outside the home too, so I felt I had nowhere and nobody to turn to. Except my dear grandmother who I now live with. We haven't argued often, usually only over something major and I think I can count on one hand the amount of times that's happened over the past four or so years. I always try to avoid it of course, just sometimes my grandma takes what I say out of context and sees meanings in what I say that aren't even there.

Comment

Me and my young brother almost everyday :spunch:

Comment

It happens...not an uncommon sight ;) xD constant family feud + bickers *lol*
        My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

We have functional disagreements...
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
            lolz u guys actually do that. We don't xD it never ends. if i had a goOd job id move out
            You´re allowed to move out?
            The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Every family have their problems and fights, its normal. People are not perfect. Im just afraid for what will happen to me in the Day of Judgement if i begin to fight with mummy and disrespect her.
              The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

hardly ever!

Comment

I'm always the one in the middle. 'sorting stuff out'
                  Sometimes I don't which side I'm on.

Parents have worries, I think, so if their angry, I've learnt to just melt away and make duah. Easy that way. but difficult to keep quiet.

& sometimes I can be the culprit
                  Freedom exists only in the hereafter

Comment

there is a difference between having a fight and an argument. fighting with siblings is an exception, but fighting with parents is a big no no.

anyway we all have arguments with our families. i'm sure even the people around us do but they don't show it.

Comment

Salaam,

Since I stopped watching TV, i enforced the rule for everybody and MashAllah the kids toned down their hyperiness (-if thats a word)
                      that will give some peace..
                      .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Very un-common alhamdulila.

Comment

It used to be non-stop, shouting from the break of dawn to midnight, with a few physical fights thrown in. My father is belligerent. Now half of them are married off and parents are old, it isn't so bad

The odd times the bros go at eachother. One of them threw a hot coffee cup at the other once. Someone got a black eye that day.

Comment

5 brothers, so as you can imagine a lot of fighting, not just arguments, but brawls. lol. sometimes quite serious.

When we were young, if we got into a fight our dad would just throw us out of the house - and we would make up almost straight away.

3 of us in particular are very different and we are all stubborn, we are in our 20s now - not a good combination.

We all agree that if we weren't brothers we would probably be enemies - or just wouldn't want to know eachother.

But when we have problems we don't have a problem sticking together.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Everyday. I can't remember a day without a family fight and I can remember days when it was very serious.

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                              May Allah (swt) reconcile your family and bring Rehma between your Mother and Sister.
                              Ameen, and may Allah bless them with better manners, respect, and a desire to want to implement more of Islam into their lives.

its every single day without a fail. Each 2 hours.

No exaggeration.
                              Only 2 hours? You're lucky, Alhamdulillah.

Guess what, they are having one right now. Such idiotic fights. All because of one thing: Not following Islam. I can't even ignore. It freackin has ruined me because of their crap.

If only it was allowed to live in caves.
                              It's always the bold, after 20 odd years, I'm starting to think that I could sense this before I even started practicing. But, believe me, it hasn't ruined you. I used to think like that a lot when it all got too much and sometimes when it still does, however, over time and especially in the last year or so, I've realised that all these things that affect you so much make you who you are. Look at how you realise the bold, you've experienced the effects of not following Islam and how detrimental it can be, so you know the importance of practicing all the aspects of Islam and to remember this when you have a family of your own, but more so, I think you develop greater reliance on Allah (or you're more keenly aware of your dependence) when you have to go through all this.
                              Last edited by Soliloquy; 08-03-11, 12:02 AM.
                              Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                              O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                              We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by muslimah20 View Post
                                Salams

I can hear my sister and mother arguing right now, they both have such similar personalities, they know how to keep fighting non stop!! Its just so sad to hear it. Its so depressing.
                                wsalam
                                very very common lol

Comment

Working...
                                X