Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be the Alternate suitable word ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can be the Alternate suitable word ?

Of course, during discussions among Muslims. With non-Muslims we can use the meanings.

Here we go....... 'Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Raheem' (In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful)

Cool / Gorgeous = MashaAllah (Whatever Allah (God) wills) for protecting from nazar

Thanks = JazakAllah khair (May Allah give you rewards for your kind act)

Hi / Hello = Assalamoalaikum *on the phone* (Peace and blessings be upon you)

WOW / GREAT = Allah-o-Akbar (Allah is Great)

Bye bye / see you / take care / best of luck --------------Fee Amanillah '(be) with the safety of Allah'

Sh*t ----What the @#^&%$ ------(when something goes wrong)------Inna lillahi wa'inna ileyhi rajioon.-------"To Allah we belong and unto Him is our return".

Holy $#%& (when surprised)------- SubhanAllah !! Glory be to Allah (God).

YESSSSSSSS---------(something good happens)------- Alhamdulillah !! Praise be to Allah.

You will see, it will happen the way I said -------------InshaAllah (If Allah (God) wills)

ooooppsss / OMG / Aauch / ewww / Damn it --------Astaghfirullah !! "I ask Allah forgiveness."

Please add if you know any word that I have missed.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: What can be the Alternate suitable word ?

^%&*&% you / Go to hell ----------------- May Allah (swt) guide you towards the right path.

Get a Life / Get lost --------------- May Allah (swt) put 'barakah' in your life.

Retard------ May Allah (swt) protect you from (cure your) all the mental and physical diseases.

Loser------ May Allah (swt) bless you with success in all fields of life.

"That's so gay"-------- May Allah (swt) protect you from evil desires / actions.

I am not familiar with some of the terms, so if I misinterpret, please don't mind, but do correct me. I had to search for some of the complicated terms that I have posted on the left side of the post. Some are not worth mentioning here but few people might know them already. Lets keep it clean. :)
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 01-03-11, 10:24 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with some of them, provided they're not intended to be replacements... I mean, really, how can they be when the meanings differ?

However, some of the profanity (both direct and indirect) used nowadays is just ridiculous, I hate how it's seen as "normal". It's refreshing to meet young Muslims who use Arabic terms.
      Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
      O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
      We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

I don't understand why we say Subhan'Allah when he hear something bad.
        Aren't we suppose to say Astaghfirullah?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
        X