Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawing animate objects

Salamun Aleykum;

i know that according to scholars drawing animate objects are haram.i dont do it,and i have already got rid of my older drawings.but something is driving me crazy:is it just haram to draw animate objects like human,animals or is it always kufr?does it always mean trying to compete with Allah?because years ago when i was drawing animate objects ,i was ignorant of the fatwas,i was just drawing small things like soldiers,cats etc.;it was not like i was trying to compete with Allah!i can really never ever ever think about something like that,but now i feel very bad about it.

i already made tawba and i dont do it anymore but i just want to know that if even some small drawing of an animal means automatically trying to compete with Allah? is it shirk,kufr?or do the scholars mean drawing animate objects are haram no matter what the intentions are,but it can also be kufr if it is intended?

please give me some advice.i am literally pulling out my hairs cos i feel terrible.

Re: drawing animate objects

:wswrwb:

If you have repented, then :insha: He will forgive you.

As for your Q, does it really matter?
    Prophet Muhammad :saw: has forbidden as from drawing them, and that should be enough. Whatever he forbids, we keep away from it.

I'm not sure if it's shirk or not, but the fact that you'll be brought to put life in these animate objects on the Last Day should be enough to keep you away from it. Only He can give life.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Waa'alaykumussalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakah.

I'm pretty sure that's it's not classed as kufr.
      & regarding, 'compete with Allah sbw', then i've recently heard a bayan that says that anything with such intention would be sinful, there was an incident related aswell.

Some person (can't rem the name) had written (hand written) the qur'aan in just 3 days.
      People came to see the man & stuff and were like "wow, that's so good mashaaAllah" etc etc

The man got arrogant & quoted a verse from the qur'aan which is something like "and we are still not tired" (basically Allah sbw revealed that verse after revealing the qur'aan, i think.

So something like that, where you're trying to get on the same 'level' as Allah sbw would be classed as Kabeera gunnah.

Hope that helps :)

Edit: haha did i go off-topic?
      Last edited by Aisha91; 01-03-11, 07:35 PM.
      "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
        Waa'alaykumussalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakah.

I'm pretty sure that's it's not classed as kufr.
        & regarding, 'compete with Allah sbw', then i've recently heard a bayan that says that anything with such intention would be sinful, there was an incident related aswell.

Some person (can't rem the name) had written (hand written) the qur'aan in just 3 days.
        People came to see the man & stuff and were like "wow, that's so good mashaaAllah" etc etc

The man got arrogant & quoted a verse from the qur'aan which is something like "and we are still not tired" (basically Allah sbw revealed that verse after revealing the qur'aan, i think.

So something like that, where you're trying to get on the same 'level' as Allah sbw would be classed as Kabeera gunnah.

Hope that helps :)
        What does that mean? :scratch:
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          What does that mean? :scratch:
          My bad, after most of the qur'aan was revealed, Allah sbw revealed that aayah.
          "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Oh...but what does arrogance have to do with "we are still not tired"? :scratch:

Comment

Allah sbw never gets tired init, so he was comparing himself to Allah sbw aswell that he still wasn't tired.
              I duno man i just heard it in a bayan lol

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

thnx for replies

@ mirror

u misunderstood me;i am not saying if it is not kufr i will do it again!i am sayin if it is not kufr i will feel myself better:not that haram is a light matter but i have mental issues,using tons of medications and i dont want to think i was in the middle of such huge deviations in my past,the saying "competing with Allah" makes me feel like i am having a heart stroke!i would rather die by burning instead of thinking such things.

and the second reason is;what if i know a Muslim drawing such things?if it is kufr it will mean a huge difference than just haram!there are lots of ignorant people around drawing things in school as leisure or subject;should i make takfeer to all of those people!

i am not saying haram is not important but i HAVE to know if something is haram or kufr because i have OCD and when i read these hadiths about painting and drawing i freak out!i keep asking to myself "is it kufr?are those people kafir?what am i going to do?should i give them salam?what if they are kafir and i give them salam and i become kafir too!....etc" thousands of questions like these

Comment

are those people kafir?what am i going to do?should i give them salam?what if they are kafir and i give them salam and i become kafir too!....etc"
                  No, drawing animate objects doesn't make you a kafir.
                  Giving slaam to a kafir doesn't make you a kafir, either, but you should avoid initiating salaam to a kafir.

Based on what I've read, I believe it's haram.

Comment

Working...
                  X