Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to not waste time?

:salams

I try to not waste time so I have that strategy where i do the important things first such as homework and then reward myself with the internet or doing something else.

However sometimes this does not always work and I am finding it really hard to not go on Islamic sites and ummah aswell. I feel like whenever i do internet research I always end up on ummah or sites i should be away from (not bad ones, I mean things about Islam etc)

So how can i take a break from all this? I feel I might be becoming addicted, and I don't want to get sucked into this any longer, I need to have breaks and I am trying to not go on the forum and other things too often as I do. I want to spend time doing other useful things. Please offer some advice for me InshaAllah... I don't want to be an addict, seriously.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Re: How to not waste time?

What I do is I do not read everything...I pick the topics that I feel I wanna know..this would cut down your time being on this forum...also I guess self discipline ok?InsyAllah you can do it xD
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

:wswrwb:

Addicted of seeking knowledge about Islam?
      That's sounds good, actually. :scratch:

No, but, seriously, what you should do is "reward" yourself with internet on the basis that you'll go to Islamic sites and read about Islam, listen to lectures, etc.

Limit yourself from Ummah if you get carried away here.

Or...

You can do soo many things offline to earn reward for the Hereafter. You can read Quran, or just make Wudu and pray some nafils salaah, read a fiqh book, learn Arabic, practice Arabic (how's that going, by the way?), patch up with you Dad :p Make him his favourite desert! ← Yeah, there's reward in there, too, :insha:
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

There's reward in making desert for my dad? awesome!

Yes I guess it is good that I read a lot about the deen but sometimes i put that before my school work and it is important I do that too.

I think I might do the slowly drifting away from ummah technique and log on maybe once a day ...

Is it possible to be addicted to the internet?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
        [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
          [COLOR=purple]Is it possible to be addicted to the internet?
          Yeah, man. :( Unfortunately, it is.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

yea i think it is possible to be addicted... however I have tried very hard to use most of my online time to study to read and not just to waste time the way i used to. I think the internet has its place, especially when your like me and while you may prefer to have a book that has covers - you can't always, or even usually afford them.
            Serena

Comment

There are a million things to do go on the internet and find a charity where to volunteer, take Chinese classes or whatever, learn to knit you won't have time to be on the internet then
              My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
              Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

:wswrwb:

You can use the internet to listen to Quran and specially taraweeh which goes on continuously on a channel from internet.Usually whenever I am on the forum, I listen to nasheed and talk too.This is the reason why I lack the sentence framing sometimes.But you can't talk and listen to Quran at the same time.But you can listen to nasheed and then talk also.Not much like chat, but still a letter like post is acceptable.
                صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Memorize Surahs!!
                  It's so fun!

Comment

:jkk: .

I am learning arabic at the moment, so woould it be better to know arabic and then learn surahs?

I know quite a few surahs already but then i stopped because i think arabic should come first?

[2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Can you read Arabic or are you learning to read it?
                      Or are you learning to understand it/speak it?

Comment

:jkk: .

I am learning arabic at the moment, so woould it be better to know arabic and then learn surahs?

I know quite a few surahs already but then i stopped because i think arabic should come first?
                        Technically it is easier to learn to read the Quran and memorize than to learn to speak arabic.
                        I would personally focus on Quran before Arabic if I had to choose one. Though doing both at the same time is the best option.

Comment

well i was learning off books but classical arabic, not learning to speak the language , just learning to read Quran.

So at the moment i can sort of read a few words in Quran, I see it and say it slowly, but it does not flow so i still need to learn basics, i know a few longer words now but i still need to learn the letters with different things like sukoon etc.

then with memorisation i just stopped doing ... but i should really begin again InshaAllah

[2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

well i was learning off books but classical arabic, not learning to speak the language , just learning to read Quran.

So at the moment i can sort of read a few words in Quran, I see it and say it slowly, but it does not flow so i still need to learn basics, i know a few longer words now but i still need to learn the letters with different things like sukoon etc.

then with memorisation i just stopped doing ... but i should really begin again InshaAllah
                            Yeah definitely focus on learning the alphabets and the basics. Just memorization isnt always good either. I used to do that when I was younger and I realized I couldnt read arabic at all which made it harder for me to memorize. Once you know how to read then memorization gets easier.

Comment

Yeah, then learning to read should be the priority.

Comment

Working...
                              X