No announcement yet.

The Beard Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raven never follow the one who is a follower himself, but follow the example. And the best example in Islam is the Quran and the Hadith. You will notice how peaceful they are compared to the muslims here, we are only human beings striving for the best, we can make mistakes like you can.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Muslim Youth,

It's a little hard to take your message seriously considering your hero [let me know if that's an incorrect assumption about how you feel about OBL] wants to see me dead just because I'm an American.
      Last edited by Raven; 29-05-02, 06:02 PM.

Comment

you keep hearing this idea that you should recognize the seperation of ideology from its followers. if there is a seperation between the two, then the followers arent followers!! period. And really, how better to judge an ideology than looking at the affects of that ideology?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
          Muslim Youth,

It's a little hard to take your message seriously considering your hero [let me know if that's an incorrect assumption about how you feel about OBL] wants to see me dead just because I'm an American.
          You don't follow my example or my "heroes", if indeed you do see light at the end of the dark tunnel!

Comment

Huh?

If Osama is your hero, just keep in mind that he's made repeated fatwas about killing Americans without regard to whether or not they're military personnel. Do you support that? Do you think that all Americans should be slaughtered?

Comment

You should not worry about me, I just want to help you if you really want to know the true Islam. I can have a total argument regarding OBL, but I don't want to do that!

Comment

Muslim Youth,

You've done everything but answer the question. If a Muslim wanted to kill all Americans, would you support that Muslim? Everytime an American dies, does that make you happy?

Comment

Originally posted by muslim youth
                  MashaAllah bro baba, nice answers, lol I think I should respect you more from now on, lol it's true you shouldn't judge a person from his appearance (your picture):D
                  Hehe, you should see my website then....
                  respect refugees

Comment

BACK 2 THE SUBJECT.........THE BEARD.

My husband has a beard. I love it because, apart from it being so soft and teddybear like(?), he is keeping following the sunnat of our beloved Prophet.
                    since converting, I have always worn a scarf. My husband felt too embarassed to keep a beard because of what others might think.
                    He knew this was wrong, and sometimes grew it, but would then cut it off again.
                    After September 11th, he grew it. He initially wanted to quash the myth thet all that look like Muslims are terrorists. He wanted to set an example to non muslims. He often gets called Osama when driving ppl around in his cab, but ppl ask him questions too,. Because he looks like a muslim. And ppl are often suprised at his perfect English, his intellect, his calm manner and generosity.
                    Non muslims often think that Islam requires women to be modest and not men. This is because men walk around looking like Gees and rude boys. Astughfirullah. Men should actually wear loose clothes and grow a beard. Not only is this their modest dress, it would also deter them from going to haram places. They would not fit in.
                    Since my husband has grown his beard, and started to wear the sunnat, every day I look at him and feel so much love. He is pleasing Allah, and that makes me so proud. I used to feel embarrased when we went out, because we looked odd. Ppl assumed he had forced me to cover up, whilst he 'posed' in his tight jeans and body tops, with his styled beard. The reality was I was nagging him to dress like a muslim, while he wanted me to look 'good'. I would get so upset when girls eyed him up in front of me. I started to wear fitted clothes myself. Astughfirullah.
                    Now we look like a pair, and we are pleasing Allah and each other.
                    Last edited by Ruqayyah; 29-05-02, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Salams

lool nice site..

u look nothing like how i saw u few months ago :D

ws
                      sajid

Originally posted by baba

Comment

Raven,

OBL has NO right to tell muslims to kill all Americans. The muslims who follow such commands obviously do not have the ability to think for themselves or to understand the quran. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS and anyone who thinks it is has a hell of a lot to learn about islam.

A lot of the people who follow/agree with him don't even understand Arabic, they've never even been to talks by him let alone fully comprehend the language he is speaking.

Raven, hatred and mindless killing is NOT a part of islam.

As for ahadith, these are authentic sayings of the Prophet that have been recorded. We can learn a lot from them. If you want to read some for yourself, go to: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...unnah/bukhari/

Comment

Interesting observations about the beard! But what about hair in armpits? Does Raafi or someone equally knowledgeable have the rules for them?

Comment

Originally posted by baba
                            MashaAllah bro, may I give you some advice, that you get married as soon as possible, but hey atleast you do go to the freedom marches even if it is for your ahem, sister:D :p :p :D

Comment

Khawlah,

"Raven, hatred and mindless killing is NOT a part of islam. "

I agree with you there. The only point that I was talking about was the behavior of some Muslims, not Islam itself. There's a big difference in my book. You have some good people, some bad. Just like in every other religion, race, gender, etc.

I'm so busy between work & school right now:( . I'll try to save that website and do a little curiousity reading when I have time.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by muslim youth
                                MashaAllah bro, may I give you some advice, that you get married as soon as possible
                                I was thinking the very same thing myself! ;)

but hey atleast you do go to the freedom marches even if it is for your ahem, sister:D :p :p :D
                                The flag cost £10, which was pretty much all the money I had in my pocket at the time, and although the sales proceeds went to charity that wasn't the only reason for me buying it... ;)

But hey, I've got a flag now, so I don't have a reason to buy one again! Well, unless, I accidentally leave my flag at home....

Astaughfirallah! What am I saying???
                                respect refugees

Comment

Working...
                                X