That Korean guy shocked me by his views about women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Korean guy shocked me by his views about women

I met this Korean guy in Turkey at a train station. During discussion he politely showed curiosity regarding why Muslim women cover themselves so much ? There was no time for long discussions, so my small mind came up with an odd (stupid) example.

I said to him, "You see, as we all men sit here and a woman passes by, wearing less clothes. It would immediately attract a lustful attention of all the men, because it is in men's nature to get attracted to it. That is why, in order to protect women from illegal desires of stranger men, she needs to cover herself and men need to control their gaze so that such lustful feelings don't arise in their heart. On the contrary, if there are all women sitting here and a stranger man passes by, no woman would even bother to look...."

"Who said so..?" A meaningful naughty smile on his face interrupted me.

"Sorry...what?" I was surprised.

As he went towards his train, my mind went to my past. When my female cousins used to ask me about girls in my class (unfortunately, our parents put us in co-education) I didn't even know which girl was in my class and how did they look like, because it was drummed in our minds to mind our own business (Which I am thankful for). Even if someone tried to talk to us we used to avoid looking at them and used to move away from them soon, without being rude. But my cousins used to recognize any guy in the market, shopping centers....etc....At times I was even embarrassed that they know more about the boys studying in my school and it was perfectly normal and impressive for us that they have such a sharp observation + memory. This boy resembles that actor, and...WOW ! I didn't even look at the face features of even my friends so closely and then take time to compare his eyes, nose and face..etc. with those of the list of actors in my memory. How do you do that. It was really embarrassing for me. I wanted to learn this art but couldn't.

It was because lowering of men's gaze and covering of women was always taught and emphasized to us, but the society never seemed to think of the other way round. Even though I am sure that women don't look at stranger men with a lustful gaze that is why men don't bother too much about covering themselves. BUT still, there must be some ruling regarding this matter. I need to check it from a religious scholars as soon as possible.

I need to leave, because I know people would throw everything at me.
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 26-02-11, 09:52 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: That Korean guy shocked me by his views about women

The guarding of the eyes and the private parts applies equally to men and women.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
      I said to him, "You see, as we all men sit here and a woman passes by, wearing less clothes. It would immediately attract a lustful attention of all the men, because it is in men's nature to get attracted to it. That is why, in order to protect women from illegal desires of stranger men, she needs to cover herself and men need to control their gaze so that such lustful feelings don't arise in their heart. On the contrary, if there are all women sitting here and a stranger man passes by, no woman would even bother to look...."
      Rather than re-quote your entire post, you'll forgive me if I only post your main argument.

This particular argument requiring women to cover up seems illogical to most non-Muslims, for a few principal reasons:

1. Both sexes are guilty of looking "lustfully" at the opposite sex. Yet it is only women who Muslims require to cover up. In a fair system, either both sexes should be required to cover up, or neither should.

2. Men may well have a natural "lustfull" instinct towards women, yet somehow the solution seems either to "punish women" or hide the problem away - either way it is negatively affecting the woman when the problem is actually with the men. Surely a better solution is simply to educate men so that they can walk by women, talk to women or interact in any way with women without being overcome by their lust. I recognise that this solution may well be difficult to teenage boys and young men in particular, but this doesn't seem like a fair reason to require women to cover up.

3. Covering women up doesn't actually work. As somone who has travelled extensive (including a large number of Islamic nations), men still seem to react the same way towards women. I have witnessed fully burka-clad women harassed in many Muslim nations simply because they were "walking in a provocative way" or because they "made eye contact" or because "she was swinging her arms too much" or some other nonsense issue. These were not isolated issues but is recognised as a major problem in many Muslim countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist Chap View Post
        Rather than re-quote your entire post, you'll forgive me if I only post your main argument.

This particular argument requiring women to cover up seems illogical to most non-Muslims, for a few principal reasons:

1. Both sexes are guilty of looking "lustfully" at the opposite sex. Yet it is only women who Muslims require to cover up. In a fair system, either both sexes should be required to cover up, or neither should.

2. Men may well have a natural "lustfull" instinct towards women, yet somehow the solution seems either to "punish women" or hide the problem away - either way it is negatively affecting the woman when the problem is actually with the men. Surely a better solution is simply to educate men so that they can walk by women, talk to women or interact in any way with women without being overcome by their lust. I recognise that this solution may well be difficult to teenage boys and young men in particular, but this doesn't seem like a fair reason to require women to cover up.
        Men's weakness is women.

Women's weakness is that they crave men's attention.

You want to treat men and women equally when they're both different. Thats your problem. Men and women are not equal, thats not to say that one is superior to the other but they are both clearly different. So, if we can both agree that they are different, they both should be treated different. You claim, from your own experience, that covering up does not work. However, the statistics tell a completely different story. Look up rape statistics by country and see where muslim countries rank.

Comment

women would avoid being around slutty males though, whereas men deliberately don't avoid them, Muslims/kaffir men alike, so what's your point? it's different. deal with it.

Comment

^^^ otherwise, there wouldn't be men in modeling and whory-guttery art business

Comment

prove me wrong by cutting off contact with them, remove them from your social network completely, let your female colleagues/subordinates deal with women, can you do this?

Comment

Brothers, i think you have been bribed by a wealthy pathetic filthy man to justify what he's doing to the neglect of his own wife. You can't be the soldiers of Mahdi if you can go this low. What you should be doing is, advice him to explain things directly and personally to his wife the whole thing. Mahdi would hate to see you.

Comment

well why should he do it right, why should he go to his ugly low class wife when he can be with whory guttery beautiful russian white model whores?:)

Comment

whats wrong with this thread? seems like posts are missing or supernova nebula is talking to them selves?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Atheist Chap again reveals his lack of knowledge about anything

Not even going to waste my time responding to that nonsense

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                      whats wrong with this thread? seems like posts are missing or supernova nebula is talking to them selves?
                      5 in a row ... quintuple post?

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist Chap View Post

3. Covering women up doesn't actually work. As somone who has travelled extensive (including a large number of Islamic nations), men still seem to react the same way towards women. I have witnessed fully burka-clad women harassed in many Muslim nations simply because they were "walking in a provocative way" or because they "made eye contact" or because "she was swinging her arms too much" or some other nonsense issue. These were not isolated issues but is recognised as a major problem in many Muslim countries.
                        It is actually mens mind which when sees something it lusts after, a certain part of the male brain is activated. The "go get it" part, or something along those lines.. Can't find the video link I had.

et somehow the solution seems either to "punish women" or hide the problem away
                        So covering is to punish? Maybe they should all walk around naked for your eyes to enjoy? If a woman wants to cover and not be spoken to only coz of her beauty, she can.
                        SPREAD OF EVIL
                        ZIONISM
                        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post

5 in a row ... quintuple post?

but he seems to answering himself?

is he banned now?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Working...
                          X