Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake Bake?? :S

Assalaamu alaikum

Does anyone the ruling on whether or not it is permissible for a muslim to use fake tan??

Can you post with evidence please

JazakAllah :)

Re: Fake Bake?? :S

I think fake tan is as tacky as those people getting tattoo.

Comment

wats a fake tan
      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
        wats a fake tan
        u know like a tan.. when your skin goes darker when you've been in the sun too long??.. well a fake tan is when you make your skin darker by using a product from a bottle or by going on a sunbed

Comment

Tanning one's body does not necessarily mean changing that which Allah has
          created ( the skin). It is permissible for a wife to tan her skin for
          beautifying herself for her husband. However the tanning must be done with
          the following provisons:-

1. One does not expose one's body in public, i.e. one should sunbathe in
          complete privacy since it is haraam for strangers to view a woman's body.
          2. One does not damage one's skin. According to the American Cancer Society
          indoor tanning i.e using tanning beds can be as much or more damaging than
          natural sunlight. Most tanning bed lights contain UVA and UVB rays which can
          be dangerous to the skin.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
          FATWA DEPT.
          AskImam
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

something is wrong when , browns trying to get white while whites trying to get brown.

Comment

all this becomes nothing, worthless if your spouse feels as if her existence is nothing but dirt. keep your stupid tacky fake tan to yourself and for the viewing pleasure of your model friends, it's better that you apply the stupid tacky fake tan to attract those tacky model women out there but not your spouse.

Comment

There is a girl in my class, she use these products and gets a really weird dark orange colour. Its not pretty at all, and then she have got white blond hair... Grosss :S:
                The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Originally posted by Sophiia View Post
                  There is a girl in my class, she use these products and gets a really weird dark orange colour. Its not pretty at all, and then she have got white blond hair... Grosss :S:
                  fake tan is just gross doesn't matter what color of hair one has.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                    fake tan is just gross doesn't matter what color of hair one has.
                    Im not a fan of it either, it looks so gross and unnatural .
                    The upper hand (the one that gives) is better than the lower hand (the one that takes).

Comment

Fake tans are never as attractive as real tans. They look as stupid as the people that use them.
                      Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Hmm.. there doesn't seem to be any hadiths or anything on this issue.. obviously wasn't something people did back then

@ .mirror. JazakAllah for this :)

and to everyone else.. i didn't say i agree with fake tan or use it or anything.. I just wanted to know if there was a proper ruling on it as a sister i know was asking and i hadn't come across anything about it

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                          something is wrong when , browns trying to get white while whites trying to get brown.
                          Some people like 'Fair & Lovely' and others go for 'Dark & Lovely'...

Comment

Why would anyone want to look like an oompa loompa?

Edit: I assumed you were talking about spray tans...Idk if they're halal or not, but I don't think using a tanning bed would be halal since studies have proven they are incredibly harmful to your skin.
                            Last edited by ~Malaika~; 27-02-11, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                              Why would anyone want to look like an oompa loompa?
                              to sneak into the chocolate factory maybes?

Comment

Working...
                              X