Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mixed or Separate Family Gatherings. Please advice

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    What do you sisters do on a regular basis when someone rings the bell?
    Put on your hijab quickly? Or only men open the door always?
    If my Dad or brothers are home, then I'll get them to open the door.

If no one else is at home, I look through the peep/eye hole and if it's a female, deal with it. If not, then I'll make the person wait until I wear my hijaab and if they're non-mahram family/relative, tell them no one's home, if whoever else, deal with them accordingly, but no one's allowed in.
    Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

Oh...I see.

But, what do you mean if it's non-mahram relative, tell them no one's home?
      So, like if it's your cousin, you send them back home?
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        Oh...I see.

But, what do you mean if it's non-mahram relative, tell them no one's home?
        So, like if it's your cousin, you send them back home?
        I know you're not asking me but I would always send my cousin back home. Even though my cousins aren't religious they have enough shame not to come into the house alone if it's only me!

Comment

I know it can be very hard (especially if you are the only one trying to practise the deen), but you HAVE to talk to them about this.
          Sit them down, explain why, tell them why its not allowed/wrong. Then they should still respect the fact that you don't want to take part in these things. About relatives coming to your house and you running for the niqab: just run upstairs (thats what i do lol) then you can come down covered.

Also sister, when some children start practising the deen & the parents are not inclined that way, it takes them time to get used to it/understand. (as sometimes they were not brought up that way) Therefore, with explanation & time :insha: they will start to understand :insha:

It is all about educating the parents/making them understand. Once they understand that you will not take part in these gatherings/mix with men, then no one else (other relative can say a word) because you & your parents will have that understanding.
          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkpink View Post
            I know you're not asking me but I would always send my cousin back home. Even though my cousins aren't religious they have enough shame not to come into the house alone if it's only me!
            No, it's cool. I was asking in general to all the sisters.

:jkk: and :masha:
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

yes People creates Trouble when you only stepped in, on the straight path. I avoid hand shaking, and keep lower my gaze, though am not a sister like many many sisters here are Masha'Allah, still am familiar Now in ma Family with these,

Narrow minded, Backward, Missfit :( ... I can do Better then what they does, astaghfirullah as nowadays The More you Be-Haya the More Modren You are considered.
              but I don't alhamdulillah, as I am not to follow Rituals anYmore and all, I am observing Sabr and just Ignoring Ignoring....
              ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
                I know it can be very hard (especially if you are the only one trying to practise the deen), but you HAVE to talk to them about this.
                Sit them down, explain why, tell them why its not allowed/wrong. Then they should still respect the fact that you don't want to take part in these things. About relatives coming to your house and you running for the niqab: just run upstairs (thats what i do lol) then you can come down covered.

Also sister, when some children start practising the deen & the parents are not inclined that way, it takes them time to get used to it/understand. (as sometimes they were not brought up that way) Therefore, with explanation & time :insha: they will start to understand :insha:

It is all about educating the parents/making them understand. Once they understand that you will not take part in these gatherings/mix with men, then no one else (other relative can say a word) because you & your parents will have that understanding.
                :masha: These add much to my Faith..

:jkk: :up:
                ALLAH IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Comment

Working...
                X