No announcement yet.

Am I allowed to bow in martial arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I allowed to bow in martial arts?

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
    but bowing is on the same level as all the things in your first paragraph though. touching gloves, bumping fists, slapping hands, touching swords etc. all just a sign of respect.

are there actually anything from islam that states you cant because no offence to the fatwah guys but if they make a fatwah saying no bowing in martial yet know nothing of martial arts they may be misinformed (about the martial art, not islam).
    its clear in the hadith, there is no bowing to any man. doesnt matter what the reason or intention is behind the bowing.

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

“A man said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, when one of us meets his friend, can he bow to him?’ The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Can he hug him and kiss him?’ He said, ‘No.’ He said, ‘Can he shake hands with him?’ He said, ‘Yes, if he wishes.’”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2728; he said it is a hasan hadeeth. Also narrated by Ibn Maajah. 3702. The hadeeth was classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 160).

Ibn Taymiyah said: “With regard to bowing in greeting, this is forbidden as narrated in al-Tirmidhi from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), that they asked him about a man who meets his brother and bows to him, and he said no to that. That is because it is not permitted to bow or prostrate for anyone except Allaah.” (Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 1/377).
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:start:

Let me make it clear Silures.

Slapping hands, punching gloves or whatever maybe seen as a sign of respect in the eyes of the people.

But in the eyes of Allah, bowing, prostrating, is an act of worship regardless of intention, thus he forbid it to anyone but him.

He didn't forbid slapping hands and whatever, because he did not elevate such actions to worship.
      :start:
      :salams
      To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Comment

No bowing browski. Just stand and look like a sore thumb lol.

We have a similar issue with yoga, they do a sun salute, bowing thing, we can't do, not with that purpose anyway...

Just explain to them, they should be ok. It won't affect your learning in anyway.
        Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]
        :lailah::ahb:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X