• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TipuSultan
    started a topic Visiting Istanbul

Visiting Istanbul

Salam

I've been wanting to go Istanbul for a while and checkout it's Islamic history as a short break. For the brothers and sisters that have been how did u feel and how were you were treated as a practising Muslim?
    which Islamic sites did you checkout?
    Is there anything to see on eastern side of Istanbul?

Any advice for a brother who's thinking of going?

JazakALLAH

• pervin
    replied
    Re: Visiting Istanbul

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
    Asking once again:

Can anyone give me good directions on how to get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave from Sultan Ahmet District? Or any other good directions to there?

:jkk:
    Nabi Yusha (as) grave quite far from Sultan Ahmet. Because it is opposite side of Europe part. So you need to pass this part by bus or ferry. I recommend to use ferry from ''Eminonu'' to ''Uskudar''. Than u should use bus which is going to ''Beykoz''. ( should ask someone!) When u arrive Beykoz you need to get a taxi to find easily. it sounds long destination, to be honest it is :) but its cheaper than... and also u can see the city more. Just leave home early :) Otherwise If u get a taxi directly from SultanAhmed u need to pay a lot. Its up to you!

InsaAllah you ll have a nice holiday!

Leave a comment:

• NGE
    replied

Asking once again:

Can anyone give me good directions on how to get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave from Sultan Ahmet District? Or any other good directions to there?

Leave a comment:

• TipuSultan
    replied

Asalamu alaikum greetings from Istanbul, got here earlier this week. It's really very beautiful and the Turkish people are also very friendly. I've only got a few days left here and I've done soooo much walking that my legs are about to drop off and my feet are swollen.Last few things to see and a few things to See tommorow before I head back.

Just thought i should add to the initial thread and thank all those that contributed for their information.

Salam from your brother.

Leave a comment:

• brotherpearl44uk
    replied

Istanbul is a magical place. make sure you get a hotel in the SultanAhmet area which is near the lue mosque. i stayed in the Almina hotel which was fantastic. in terms of places u got tokapi palace, blue mosque, hagia sofia, the tombs of the sahaba, bhosporus cruise, grand bazaar, taksim square, besiktas football stadium.

Istanbul is a truely magical place!

Leave a comment:

• NGE
    replied

Originally posted by mememe701 View Post
    The Blue Masjid, Topkapi Palace, The Bazaar, Sulemaniye Masrassah are all within walking distance from the main centre.

For the tram you will need to buy tokens (works out at 30p i think) - theres normally a small shop nearby selling them.

For the grave visit you will need to get a taxi - Just ask for ayub jaami. Theres loads of sahabi (R.A) buried in istanbul, this page had got a jpeg with address and names

http://www.deenislam.co.uk/gallery/turkey/turkey.html - the most i got done in one go was 10, but thats when i went with mates years ago. the other couple times i just did the main tourist attraction one.

Useful info there. And the link with pics is great. I think I should be sorted for a great experience :insha: Now I'm just wondering about how I will get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave. I heard that even by taxi it's an hour to two hours drive and most cabbies don't know the way there.

Leave a comment:

• paxcastrensis
    replied

Yes, Istanbul is very beautiful. I am from Turkey and lucky for it.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkpink
    replied

Wow the photo of Prophet Yusha's grave looks like a piece of heaven!

Leave a comment:

• TipuSultan
    replied

JazakALLAH for the link and the information on this.

Is the food halal and kinda trustworthy there? Whats the local food like?

Leave a comment:

• mememe701
    replied

Lol, thanks for the advice; not that I was planning on giving up going to the masjid for a week. :)

I'm hearing that it's better to walk or tram it to most places rather than take taxis. Any one have an idea, from exprerience, how the tram system works and if it's any good?
    The Blue Masjid, Topkapi Palace, The Bazaar, Sulemaniye Masrassah are all within walking distance from the main centre.

For the tram you will need to buy tokens (works out at 30p i think) - theres normally a small shop nearby selling them.

For the grave visit you will need to get a taxi - Just ask for ayub jaami. Theres loads of sahabi (R.A) buried in istanbul, this page had got a jpeg with address and names

http://www.deenislam.co.uk/gallery/turkey/turkey.html - the most i got done in one go was 10, but thats when i went with mates years ago. the other couple times i just did the main tourist attraction one.

Leave a comment:

• NGE
    replied

Lol, thanks for the advice; not that I was planning on giving up going to the masjid for a week. :)

I'm hearing that it's better to walk or tram it to most places rather than take taxis. Any one have an idea, from exprerience, how the tram system works and if it's any good?

Leave a comment:

• Pinkpink
    replied

Also go on the bus tour of the city its hop on hop off very worthwhile!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkpink
    replied

I really recommend you pray salah with jamat in the mosque. It is amaaazing the re itation and the number of people that come in/the place just fills makes your iman strong!!! I went to two i think-one in particular in the old city where all the main attractions are was very good.

Leave a comment:

• NGE
    replied

Never mind, I'm already booked.

I just need tourist advice for when I'm there, :insha:

Leave a comment:

• mememe701
    replied

:

Are there any other places I have left out that I must see?

One main concern is that I am looking for cheap accommodation that is within walking distance of at least a few of these sites. So I'm hoping I can get a recommendation from someone here, :insha:
    Whats Cheap to you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X