Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Visiting Istanbul

Originally posted by mememe701 View Post
    The Blue Masjid, Topkapi Palace, The Bazaar, Sulemaniye Masrassah are all within walking distance from the main centre.

For the tram you will need to buy tokens (works out at 30p i think) - theres normally a small shop nearby selling them.

For the grave visit you will need to get a taxi - Just ask for ayub jaami. Theres loads of sahabi (R.A) buried in istanbul, this page had got a jpeg with address and names

http://www.deenislam.co.uk/gallery/turkey/turkey.html - the most i got done in one go was 10, but thats when i went with mates years ago. the other couple times i just did the main tourist attraction one.
    :jkk:

Useful info there. And the link with pics is great. I think I should be sorted for a great experience :insha: Now I'm just wondering about how I will get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave. I heard that even by taxi it's an hour to two hours drive and most cabbies don't know the way there.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Istanbul is a magical place. make sure you get a hotel in the SultanAhmet area which is near the lue mosque. i stayed in the Almina hotel which was fantastic. in terms of places u got tokapi palace, blue mosque, hagia sofia, the tombs of the sahaba, bhosporus cruise, grand bazaar, taksim square, besiktas football stadium.

Istanbul is a truely magical place!
      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Asalamu alaikum greetings from Istanbul, got here earlier this week. It's really very beautiful and the Turkish people are also very friendly. I've only got a few days left here and I've done soooo much walking that my legs are about to drop off and my feet are swollen.Last few things to see and a few things to See tommorow before I head back.

Just thought i should add to the initial thread and thank all those that contributed for their information.

Salam from your brother.
        "A single day of a Lions life is worth more than a hundered years of the life of a fox" (Final moments of Tipu Sultan)
        "don't weep like a woman for what you could not defend as a man" (mother of Muhammad XII, Final moments of Muslim rule in Spain)

Comment

Asking once again:

Can anyone give me good directions on how to get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave from Sultan Ahmet District? Or any other good directions to there?

Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
            Asking once again:

Can anyone give me good directions on how to get to Nabi Yusha (as) grave from Sultan Ahmet District? Or any other good directions to there?

Nabi Yusha (as) grave quite far from Sultan Ahmet. Because it is opposite side of Europe part. So you need to pass this part by bus or ferry. I recommend to use ferry from ''Eminonu'' to ''Uskudar''. Than u should use bus which is going to ''Beykoz''. ( should ask someone!) When u arrive Beykoz you need to get a taxi to find easily. it sounds long destination, to be honest it is :) but its cheaper than... and also u can see the city more. Just leave home early :) Otherwise If u get a taxi directly from SultanAhmed u need to pay a lot. Its up to you!

InsaAllah you ll have a nice holiday!

Comment

Working...
            X